Are you afraid of love?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2014, 08:49 PM
RE: Are you afraid of love?
That feeling when you realize you didn't post about your date in THIS thread, but another thread. Oops.
Well, for those who knew I was going on one tonight, that's what happened. Laugh out load

Thanks for all the thoughts, advice, and encouragement in here, everyone....it's given me lots to think over. Hug

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
06-09-2014, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 09:03 PM by Anjele.)
I would say your date isn't over his ex...or he was really nervous and looking for something to talk about.

But if that's the case, the thing on his mind is his ex.

Might be best to let him work through that - rebound relationships tend to end badly.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
06-09-2014, 08:58 PM
(06-09-2014 08:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would say your date isn't over his ex...or he was really nervous and looking for something to talk about.

But if that's the case, the thing on his mind in his ex.

Might be best to let him work through that - rebound relationships tend to end badly.

Hai anjele Hug

I completely agree. It was a fun time, nonetheless...and I gave him some good advice. lol I don't want to be someone's transitional chick, nor do I want a guy to be in that position. It was only about a month ago, that my ex bf and I ended things, so...I didn't talk about him tonight though. I don't talk about exes on dates with new people, but that's just me.

So the marriage question DID NOT come up. Laugh out load

06-09-2014, 09:01 PM
(06-09-2014 08:58 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 08:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would say your date isn't over his ex...or he was really nervous and looking for something to talk about.

But if that's the case, the thing on his mind in his ex.

Hai anjele Hug

I completely agree. It was a fun time, nonetheless...and I gave him some good advice. lol I don't want to be someone's transitional chick, nor do I want a guy to be in that position. It was only about a month ago, that my ex bf and I ended things, so...I didn't talk about him tonight though. I don't talk about exes on dates with new people, but that's just me.

Hahaha! I'm glad he didnt propose on the first date. I had a guy ask me where I saw the relationship going after a first date one time. That was creepy enough Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
06-09-2014, 09:08 PM
(06-09-2014 09:01 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 08:58 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Hai anjele Hug

Hahaha! I'm glad he didnt propose on the first date. I had a guy ask me where I saw the relationship going after a first date one time. That was creepy enough Tongue

hahaha after the first date, oh my. Laugh out load I wonder what goes on in some people's minds, who ask the craziest things barely knowing someone. Shocking

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
06-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Man if someone was rattling off about their ex on the first date I'd be noped out of there lol. I've been on dates like that. "OMG I'm so glad you're not like my ex. I mean... you have a job and a car! and you're not bipolar!"

Ok well it wasn't that bad, but still, when people start making immediate comparisons.... danger will robinson!
[Image: danger-Will-Robinson.gif]

But hey, glad the food was great! LOL!

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 4 users Like Logisch's post
06-09-2014, 09:19 PM
(06-09-2014 09:12 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Man if someone was rattling off about their ex on the first date I'd be noped out of there lol. I've been on dates like that. "OMG I'm so glad you're not like my ex. I mean... you have a job and a car! and you're not bipolar!"

Ok well it wasn't that bad, but still, when people start making immediate comparisons.... danger will robinson!

haha I know, right? you're funny. Big Grin

I sat and listened. He was explaining why they broke up. I barely know him, so...I have no reference point. lol I wore a halter dress and he said that his ex wears dresses like that. Eeek.

He wanted to go out for drinks somewhere after the dinner, and I was like...um, I'm kinda tired. (tired of listening to you lol)

He said...well, maybe we can do this next weekend?

Nah, I'll be tired then too.

I didn't say that, I just thought it. Laugh out load

Seriously, dude? sheesh.

[+] 4 users Like Deidre32's post
06-09-2014, 09:22 PM
(06-09-2014 09:19 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 09:12 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Man if someone was rattling off about their ex on the first date I'd be noped out of there lol. I've been on dates like that. "OMG I'm so glad you're not like my ex. I mean... you have a job and a car! and you're not bipolar!"

haha I know, right? you're funny. Big Grin

I sat and listened. He was explaining why they broke up. I barely know him, so...I have no reference point. lol I wore a halter dress and he said that his ex wears dresses like that. Eeek.

He wanted to go out for drinks somewhere after the dinner, and I was like...um, I'm kinda tired. (tired of listening to you lol)

Seriously, dude? sheesh.

RUN!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
06-09-2014, 09:23 PM
(06-09-2014 09:22 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 09:19 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  haha I know, right? you're funny. Big Grin

Seriously, dude? sheesh.

RUN!

I can't stop laughing, you guys are funnyyy! Laugh out load

I'm still running. I'm posting while I'm running. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
06-09-2014, 09:25 PM
Eeeek yeah the cringe is strong there. I think some people have a very hard time getting over people. Some people can learn from the past and move on, and I think others have a very hard time with the emotional attachment. Sounds like a rebound situation to me. Who knows, perhaps later on he'll have time to come to grips with his situation and be ready for it. Just make sure if you run that you bring some of the Japanese food with you!

"Is that for here or to go?"
"I GOTTA RUNNNNN!"

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post