Are you an atheist for a reason?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2012, 03:32 PM
RE: Are you an atheist for a reason?
No, I'm just in it for the booze and sodomy.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Phaedrus's post
07-11-2012, 05:58 PM
I am a white, heterosexual male, aged 18-35, so no, there is nothing particularly 'different' about me. My split from the church is entirely due to an inability to reconcile what they told me with what I was seeing.
07-11-2012, 06:11 PM
I am not an atheist for a reason besides science. I think it is foolish to deny something's existence just because you don't agree with the Morals or lessons taught by the thing you are denying.

If God( the Christian version, but this can be applied to all the Gods I have considered immoral) were to be proven existed.. I wouldn't be an atheist, but I wouldn't worship it/her/him. Just like I can aknowledge Hitler's existence, but I will not recognize him as my leader or a good leader.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
07-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Re: RE: Are you an atheist for a reason?
(07-11-2012 05:58 PM)thirdangletheory Wrote:  I am a white, heterosexual male, aged 18-35, so no, there is nothing particularly 'different' about me. My split from the church is entirely due to an inability to reconcile what they told me with what I was seeing.

But are you a white heterosexual make aged 18-35 for a reason?

Reminds me I need to bust out by, axial tilt us the reason for the season, shirt. I might own that for the reason the op gets at but I ain't no Mr fancy atheist for dat.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
07-11-2012, 06:33 PM
(07-11-2012 06:14 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(07-11-2012 05:58 PM)thirdangletheory Wrote:  I am a white, heterosexual male, aged 18-35, so no, there is nothing particularly 'different' about me. My split from the church is entirely due to an inability to reconcile what they told me with what I was seeing.

I'm not sure I understand the question. I have no control over my race, gender or age.

That shirt sounds pretty swag though. Thumbsup
07-11-2012, 06:38 PM
(07-11-2012 06:14 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

Reminds me I need to bust out by, axial tilt us the reason for the season, shirt. I might own that for the reason the op gets at but I ain't no Mr fancy atheist for dat.
I am a white, 40+ year old hetero male for a reason. I chose to be white.....wait, you guys didn't get the color selector before you were born? Pity.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
07-11-2012, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 08:12 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(07-11-2012 05:09 AM)Diablo666 Wrote:  I was molested as a child by multiple preachers...catholics, christians, and even a jehovas witness.

They kept putting things inside me.

I told them to stop, but they wouldn't listen.

They just kept on and on, thrusting as hard as they could,.

But I refused to give in.

I told my assailants I could take it, and they could not break me.

I tried going to the authorities, but the police refused to press charges against my attackers.

Finally, after many many years of constant torture it stopped.

I guess I was no longer appealing to them anymore.

But every now and again I think back to those times and I cold chill goes up my spine.

Jesus this, and god that, blah blah blah... This indoctrination stuff is nothing short of child abuse!

Everyone is born an atheist. You have to be indoctrinated, aka lied to whilst in a vulnerable state, to believe any sort of religious hog wash.

If this really happened to you, I hope you have reported it to the police. Again. What country do you live in?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2012, 08:05 PM
(06-11-2012 02:54 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'm not an atheist for a reason, I'm an atheist because of reason.
Yup.

Atheists are those who have graduated from chaos to order.

Smartass

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
07-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Cause I don't believe in a higher power...and organized (ha ha) religion has made me queasy for years now.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
07-11-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm an atheist because life is hard enough without trying to please a sadistic sky daddy.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.