Are you an atheist for a reason?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2012, 01:53 PM
RE: Are you an atheist for a reason?
I defend reason and reality and promote science. That is my answer everytime, and it won't ever change.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2012, 02:41 PM
I was born and raised in a nonreligious household, which is probably the main reason. As I got older, I also spent a fair amount of time reading apologetics, counterapologetics, and debating believers in various venues. I also majored in philosophy, which will go a long way in training your mind to think about and analyze such matters. I know that it's rare for anyone (atheist, Christian, Muslim, or otherwise) to change from whatever they were raised into as children. I'd like to think that I'd be one of the few exceptions who would be able to escape the indoctrination, but obviously we'll never know.
08-11-2012, 03:14 PM
(08-11-2012 02:41 PM)pianodwarf Wrote:  I know that it's rare for anyone (atheist, Christian, Muslim, or otherwise) to change from whatever they were raised into as children. I'd like to think that I'd be one of the few exceptions who would be able to escape the indoctrination, but obviously we'll never know.
Out of curiosity, what makes you think that it rarely happens? I think the opposite is the case. We have a poll on here that states that ~75% of our users used to be religious. That and there are tons of closet atheists.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
08-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Vosur, if I may take a stab in the dark, it'd be my guess that pianodwarf was not informed of this.

Or he was comparing against the over whelming theist population...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.