All of the above
None of the Above
[Show Results]

Are you biased?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2012, 06:50 AM
RE: Are you biased?
(15-03-2012 06:03 AM)Sol Wrote:  Is there a point to the question ?

It all depends on your bias

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2012, 06:59 AM
I had to vote for Americans since I do not know any of the others. I have been living in Korea for the past 12 years and I still can not say I hate Asians definitely. My passport says USA but I do not claim to be American. I am just an individual. Born and raised in Oklahoma.

I really do not care for that word (hate). I think the only way I could hate someone is if they killed, fucked and ate an immediate family member of mine. Okay, it would have to be one of my 8 sisters. Then they would have to tell me in detail of their deed to my face while laughing. That may tip me over in the hate column for that particular person.

Well the fact is I will never know how to hate someone until I have a real reason.

Oh, (none of the above) would just make me agnostic and that would be a more rational answer to the question that was posed. (None of the above) should never be an answer.. Come on you fence straddlers!

"As Henry Dean, the great sage and eminent junkie would have put it, Flip-flop, hippety-hop, offa your rocker and over the top, lifes a fiction and the worlds a lie, so put on some Creedence and let's get high." - Eddie Dean
15-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Everyone is biased, it's may be impossible to be a living organism and not be.

I put I hate all of the above because I do hate everyone. I hate labels first of all but I hate every bit of scum that crowds the earth. That definitely includes myself. Although, I also love and revere every bit of life. I enjoy and love every human and other life that I have encountered.

Life=The ultimate love/hate relationship.
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
15-03-2012, 07:32 AM
I put Nazi the group I really think you fall into. You may be wondering about the glorious 3rd reich and the loving SS let's not forget the gestapo. If I am Biased against that I am proud of it. Anyone who isn't is a fool and they should be thrown off this forum. Their should be no place for people like that here. If anyone thinks I am back woods or to red neck, I really don't care. My father fought in WW2 to stop that mad man. My uncle was in a prisoner of war in a camp and when came out he was 89lbs. when he was freed from it. My mother in law was in a death camp. So you keep trying to legitimize what Hitler did. You my Aryan friend have lost your mind. You hid it well with other groups of things like gays,Americans,Jews,Brits,etc. I knew just what you were doing.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
15-03-2012, 09:16 AM
(15-03-2012 07:32 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I put Nazi the group I really think you fall into. You may be wondering about the glorious 3rd reich and the loving SS let's not forget the gestapo. If I am Biased against that I am proud of it. Anyone who isn't is a fool and they should be thrown off this forum. Their should be no place for people like that here. If anyone thinks I am back woods or to red neck, I really don't care. My father fought in WW2 to stop that mad man. My uncle was in a prisoner of war in a camp and when came out he was 89lbs. when he was freed from it. My mother in law was in a death camp. So you keep trying to legitimize what Hitler did. You my Aryan friend have lost your mind. You hid it well with other groups of things like gays,Americans,Jews,Brits,etc. I knew just what you were doing.

Hate is the corruption of one's mind. Even towards things that are wrong you should not hate, for hatred is corruption, hatred leads to bitterness, and bitterness leads to anguish. Then the cycle of hatred shall repeat itself. One must never allow themselves to hate.

Even the most corrupted and darkest places... are not without their moments of brief prosperity and light. Even the most prosperous and illuminated places, are not without their moments of corruption and darkness.

People who hate do not think rationally, that is why I do not hate.
15-03-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm biased, absolutely. However I don't think I need to hate any of those groups to be biased against them in preference for what I know.

Growing up in predominately white areas with white friends and watching white T.V shows, it's kind of hard not to be a little. It doesn't help that the Baby Boomers of Australia are the nicest, well-intentioned racists you'll meet. I mean to say that, at least with my dad he's incredibly racist. However it doesn't come from a place of hate, but from mis-understanding.

I have to remind myself sometimes not to be biased about these sorts of things some times.

Also: i've never met a single person who hated Australians. Perhaps thought we were too drunk and roudy when we travelled overseas in packs, sure. But hate? Never.
15-03-2012, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2012 09:35 AM by Sol.)
(15-03-2012 09:16 AM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  Hate is the corruption of one's mind. Even towards things that are wrong you should not hate, for hatred is corruption, hatred leads to bitterness, and bitterness leads to anguish. Then the cycle of hatred shall repeat itself. One must never allow themselves to hate.

Even the most corrupted and darkest places... are not without their moments of brief prosperity and light. Even the most prosperous and illuminated places, are not without their moments of corruption and darkness.

People who hate do not think rationally, that is why I do not hate.

Oh, please save the homespun philosophy for hallmark.

If we do not hate the injustice and suffering of others.
If we do not hate those that perpetrate the injustice and suffering of others.
If we do not hate those that condone the perpetrators.

Then we have nothing that would help us to prevent these things happening.

Hate keeps us watchful.

In life you can't have everything................. Where would you put it ?
15-03-2012, 09:41 AM
(15-03-2012 09:31 AM)Sol Wrote:  Oh, please save the homespun philosophy for hallmark.

If we do not hate the injustice and suffering of others.
If we do not hate those that perpetrate the injustice and suffering of others.
If we do not hate those that condone the perpetrators.

Then we have nothing that would help us to prevent these things happening.

Hate keeps us watchful.

Innocent until proven guilty, most of the world has nothing to help them prevent those things from happening. Hell Europe abolished the execution of murderers and rapists, and has one of the most lenient legal systems ever known to man kind, and so they just keep on at it. Geez you would almost think they wanted them to commit more crimes.

My hatred is reserved for a select few, based upon their actions not for their ideology, ethnicity, or gender. Hate if unchecked will blind us.

And as for my little philosophy... philosophy is the key to greater knowledge and understanding, you should try it sometime, you might learn a thing or two.
15-03-2012, 09:52 AM
(15-03-2012 07:32 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I put Nazi the group I really think you fall into. You may be wondering about the glorious 3rd reich and the loving SS let's not forget the gestapo. If I am Biased against that I am proud of it. Anyone who isn't is a fool and they should be thrown off this forum. Their should be no place for people like that here. If anyone thinks I am back woods or to red neck, I really don't care. My father fought in WW2 to stop that mad man. My uncle was in a prisoner of war in a camp and when came out he was 89lbs. when he was freed from it. My mother in law was in a death camp. So you keep trying to legitimize what Hitler did. You my Aryan friend have lost your mind. You hid it well with other groups of things like gays,Americans,Jews,Brits,etc. I knew just what you were doing.

With respect the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

My friend you bleated about being disrespected about your viewpoint and you are doing exactly the same right now that you feel was done to you.

Break the cycle.......... realise that your belief system is fragile based entirely upon second hand knowledge mixed in with some first hand experience.... its the same for everybody.

If a post pisses you off then explore what it is about it that pisses you off...... there just words on a screen bro, nothing more.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
15-03-2012, 09:57 AM
I am pretty good at just looking at individuals and not groups.

When you dislike an entire category of people, firstly you have made yourself their judge and jury, and secondly, you are missing out on some super individuals for sure.

There are actually very few life forms I don't like at all, what comes to mind is mosquitoes, ants and flies.

Hate - hate being the opposite of love and a very strong emotion - I don't think I hate anyone. I may have gotten angry at some individuals, but that's not hate.

Maybe we need to define hate.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man