None of the Above
[Show Results]

Are you biased?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2012, 05:23 PM
RE: Are you biased?
(15-03-2012 04:50 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(15-03-2012 04:34 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Tell that to Steve Irwin.

I would but he's fucking dead! That's what happens when you fuck with nature too much! Undecided
Big Grin

At least he wasn't eaten by an alligator/crocodile Sad

Now that would be irony Sleepy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2012, 08:09 AM
I consider myself to be extremely biased, but what separates me from other people is my ultra-objective ability, where I can out my personal feeling aside and look at the other picture, I can place myself in other mans shoes. All people are biased, everyone has some personal feeling, opinions and thoughts about the rest of the world, you can not deny that, that is your nature and it comes from your experience in life. Not everyone can stop and look at the other side of the coin, some are so fueled with hate or ignorance that they do not understand that there is that other side of the coin, or they do not want to even think about it.

So, all people are biased and that has nothing to do with hate or love toward someone or something. It is part of your experience.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
16-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Steve Irwin died in an odd accident considering all the things he did. There were so many situations more dangerous than the random one that got him.

And logica I almost have to side with sol. It's true that a large part of the holocaust were people trying to survive and therefore allowing th atrocities to happen and even occasionally helping. Racism is to be blamed for the society. It's generally parents or other odd educational practices that lead to deep seated racism. Society should stand firmly against such audacious claims. Not quietely nod their head in agreement.

People are drawn towards hate but that doesn't mean violence. Look at the US with all of the protesting. Plenty of people screaming their heads off but very few incidents involving death or even injury. Sometimes you have to be outspoken. And sol is correct in that you must not simply allow atrocious ideas to seep in.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
16-03-2012, 09:22 AM
(16-03-2012 08:23 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Steve Irwin died in an odd accident considering all the things he did. There were so many situations more dangerous than the random one that got him.

And logica I almost have to side with sol. It's true that a large part of the holocaust were people trying to survive and therefore allowing th atrocities to happen and even occasionally helping. Racism is to be blamed for the society. It's generally parents or other odd educational practices that lead to deep seated racism. Society should stand firmly against such audacious claims. Not quietely nod their head in agreement.

People are drawn towards hate but that doesn't mean violence. Look at the US with all of the protesting. Plenty of people screaming their heads off but very few incidents involving death or even injury. Sometimes you have to be outspoken. And sol is correct in that you must not simply allow atrocious ideas to seep in.

And Nazism was the society. Hating anybody is wrong, let alone the Nazi ideals. The people who let them do what they did are at almost as much fault, but not as much.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
16-03-2012, 10:43 AM
As was said very early in this post hate is an overused word. You're not thinking of it the same way sol is that seems quite obvious. Just like love english is wonderfully non descriptive with it's words.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
16-03-2012, 11:00 AM
(16-03-2012 10:43 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  As was said very early in this post hate is an overused word. You're not thinking of it the same way sol is that seems quite obvious. Just like love english is wonderfully non descriptive with it's words.

I think the word hate means what it means. I care not how much or how little it is used.

hate (/hāt/) - To feel hostility or animosity toward.

Instead of being lazy, use the language you speak properly. There is a difference between disliking and hating something.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
16-03-2012, 11:33 AM
[Image: tumblr_lm8xntfhTT1ql141xo1_400.gif]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
16-03-2012, 12:14 PM
(16-03-2012 11:00 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(16-03-2012 10:43 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  As was said very early in this post hate is an overused word. You're not thinking of it the same way sol is that seems quite obvious. Just like love english is wonderfully non descriptive with it's words.

I think the word hate means what it means. I care not how much or how little it is used.

hate (/hāt/) - To feel hostility or animosity toward.

Instead of being lazy, use the language you speak properly. There is a difference between disliking and hating something.

Yes and you know what those word mean when you bare down to definition as well?

an·i·mos·i·ty/ˌanəˈmäsitē/
Noun: Strong hostility.

hos·til·i·ty
[ho-stil-i-tee] Show IPA
noun, plural -ties.
1.a hostile state, condition, or attitude; enmity; antagonism; unfriendliness.
2.a hostile act.
3.opposition or resistance to an idea, plan, project, etc.
4.hostilities,
a.acts of warfare.
b.war.

Based on those definitions, I would definitely say I hate Nazi's and still stand by my original post.
16-03-2012, 01:23 PM
(16-03-2012 12:14 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Based on those definitions, I would definitely say I hate Nazi's and still stand by my original post.

So they're all bad? Every last one of them are vile and scum of the earth? You shouldn't generalize.
16-03-2012, 01:27 PM
(16-03-2012 01:23 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(16-03-2012 12:14 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Based on those definitions, I would definitely say I hate Nazi's and still stand by my original post.

So they're all bad? Every last one of them are vile and scum of the earth? You shouldn't generalize.

So there are lovable, cuddly Nazis out there somewhere? I missed that memo.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF