All of the above
None of the Above
[Show Results]

Are you biased?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2012, 01:31 PM
RE: Are you biased?
(16-03-2012 01:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So there are lovable, cuddly Nazis out there somewhere? I missed that memo.

They are people just like the rest of us.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2012, 01:35 PM
(16-03-2012 01:23 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(16-03-2012 12:14 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Based on those definitions, I would definitely say I hate Nazi's and still stand by my original post.

So they're all bad? Every last one of them are vile and scum of the earth? You shouldn't generalize.

A person can hate the things that the Nazis did and hate their ideals/worldview. That doesn't have to mean that they would hate every German that was conscripted into service, or every person who wore a Nazi uniform. It would be easier to say (and most often just as social acceptable), "I hate Nazis" than to try to explain that position in detail.

But, this is just another thread aimed at your personal "self-enlightenment" in which you must prove your point to everyone else. I didn't vote in your poll because I think it's stupid and the poll itself betrays the bias you have as you created.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
16-03-2012, 01:38 PM
(16-03-2012 01:35 PM)kineo Wrote:  A person can hate the things that the Nazis did and hate their ideals/worldview. That doesn't have to mean that they would hate every German that was conscripted into service, or every person who wore a Nazi uniform. It would be easier to say (and most often just as social acceptable), "I hate Nazis" than to try to explain that position in detail.

But, this is just another thread aimed at your personal "self-enlightenment" in which you must prove your point to everyone else. I didn't vote in your poll because I think it's stupid and the poll itself betrays the bias you have as you created.

I ran out of options for communist, democrats, and so forth, the poll only gave me 11 options.
16-03-2012, 01:44 PM
(16-03-2012 01:38 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(16-03-2012 01:35 PM)kineo Wrote:  A person can hate the things that the Nazis did and hate their ideals/worldview. That doesn't have to mean that they would hate every German that was conscripted into service, or every person who wore a Nazi uniform. It would be easier to say (and most often just as social acceptable), "I hate Nazis" than to try to explain that position in detail.

I ran out of options for communist, democrats, and so forth, the poll only gave me 11 options.

You only needed the one to make your point. Wink

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
16-03-2012, 01:48 PM
(16-03-2012 01:44 PM)kineo Wrote:  I ran out of options for communist, democrats, and so forth, the poll only gave me 11 options.

You only needed the one to make your point. Wink
[/quote]

I also wanted to put christianity up there to, I know a lot of atheists here were once christians, was wondering if there were any hard feelings left over. Still 11 options is more than one usually gets for polls. But there's just never enough.
16-03-2012, 03:54 PM
(16-03-2012 01:35 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(16-03-2012 01:23 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(16-03-2012 12:14 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Based on those definitions, I would definitely say I hate Nazi's and still stand by my original post.

So they're all bad? Every last one of them are vile and scum of the earth? You shouldn't generalize.

A person can hate the things that the Nazis did and hate their ideals/worldview. That doesn't have to mean that they would hate every German that was conscripted into service, or every person who wore a Nazi uniform. It would be easier to say (and most often just as social acceptable), "I hate Nazis" than to try to explain that position in detail.

That is the exact point. I am deeply opposed to the actions and ideas of the Nazi movement that there could possibly be a superior human race based on their criteria, that eugenics to gather positive traits is wise, and I am opposed to nationalism.
16-03-2012, 04:52 PM
(16-03-2012 12:14 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(16-03-2012 11:00 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(16-03-2012 10:43 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  As was said very early in this post hate is an overused word. You're not thinking of it the same way sol is that seems quite obvious. Just like love english is wonderfully non descriptive with it's words.

I think the word hate means what it means. I care not how much or how little it is used.

hate (/hāt/) - To feel hostility or animosity toward.

Instead of being lazy, use the language you speak properly. There is a difference between disliking and hating something.

Yes and you know what those word mean when you bare down to definition as well?

an·i·mos·i·ty/ˌanəˈmäsitē/
Noun: Strong hostility.

hos·til·i·ty
[ho-stil-i-tee] Show IPA
noun, plural -ties.
1.a hostile state, condition, or attitude; enmity; antagonism; unfriendliness.
2.a hostile act.
3.opposition or resistance to an idea, plan, project, etc.
4.hostilities,
a.acts of warfare.
b.war.

Based on those definitions, I would definitely say I hate Nazi's and still stand by my original post.

So you just admitted to feeling the same things Nazis did? Interesting.

Bottom line is this. You do not hate the people, you hate the ideals. If you do hate the people, you are no more innocent than a Neo-Nazi.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
17-03-2012, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2012 05:13 PM by shiranl.)
I would've vote, but I'm afraid the answers in this poll aren't equivalent.

Nazis are people who support a cerain idelogy- a prooven destructive ideology, ideology one can choose to stick with. those people chose to hate me and kill my family, I see no reason why I shouldn't hate them back. And I see no reason why it means I'm "biased".

The other choices are ethnic groups and sexual preferences. Things one can not choose, there for it can be assumed a person who chose one of those options is racist or homophob, therefor biased.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-03-2012, 05:29 PM
,I think it is impossible to be human without being biased to some degree;the alternative grovelling before eveyone ,is pretty sick.

As for hatred, its good to try and avoid it as it exacerbates eveyrthing.
There are scenarios of course wher it is almost impossible not to hate.
17-03-2012, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2012 05:43 PM by TheArcticSage.)
(17-03-2012 05:29 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  ,I think it is impossible to be human without being biased to some degree;the alternative grovelling before eveyone ,is pretty sick.

As for hatred, its good to try and avoid it as it exacerbates eveyrthing.
There are scenarios of course wher it is almost impossible not to hate.

I suppose I'm a little biased against women and old people, but that's just being biased against their intelligence, around where I live it's difficult to find someone at least half way intelligent. Even more difficult to find mature people... so it might be just where I live. God I hope it's just where I live.