Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
21-03-2012, 02:14 PM
RE: Are you biased?
(21-03-2012 10:39 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(20-03-2012 10:49 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(20-03-2012 10:26 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(20-03-2012 09:56 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(20-03-2012 09:04 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  If by feeling the same things you mean, I am deeply opposed/resistant to the principals of the Nazi's as they were of groups not their own, yes.

Hate isn't a bad word. It does not mean the connotations it may carry as some sort of act of violence. The whole of actions matter a lot more than the ideas or feelings one could have. If there was no resistance to opposing ideals, we would become a bunch of automaton sheep.

Who said anything about people? Is this poll asking if I hate John the Nazi? Not at all, it's asking about grouped labels and that puts the ideals of the term on the stand. Not any individual person.

You can feel deeply opposed, but hate is not the right word for that.

Hate is a bad word. You just supported my argument. And, I'd like to point out, most people are sheep (and blind ones at that).

It says "Do you hate Nazi's", not "Do you hate Nazism". And you are correct! You didn't say you hate a specific Nazi. You said you hate ALL Nazis!

So even though Hate means deep hostility which means opposition you proclaim it isn't the right word? That's fine to me if you can give a reasonable answer to what hate means. Otherwise it doesn't mean anything in the context right now. I don't see anything as being a bad or good word.

I am not sure what your argument even is, but actions are what matters. I have not acted in any form of aggression which is why I test that I am not the same as a group associated with doing so. Yes I am in deep opposition, I hate, anyone who identifies with the Nazi actions/viewpoint. In the context of ideals or labels. The hatred of an individual in full would be based on the culmination of that person which I could not declare.

My initial point on the topic was everyone has a natural bias. There is not very much bias for simple things like other groups but each individual who's brain is developed in adjusting the world to fit their perspective becomes biased in various ways.

The meaning behind a word is what makes it a bad word. Hate is hostility. You aren't hostile, are you? You can oppose something without having to hate it. I oppose religion, but don't necessarily hate it.

My initial point is that 'hate' is a powerful word and is used too often for what it means. You can dislike and oppose Nazis, but I trust you won't be militant towards them?

Yes the meaning comes from the connotation your putting into it is what makes something negative or positive. That is why the word itself is not something bad.

Every word has multiple meanings, and in context by who uses it, it is defined. I tried to make that case with Ghost over in the atheism/agnostic term.

I was never a fan of the dislike/Hate. You've said hate means hostility but so does dislike in it's definition. The only difference is hate is categorized as more intense. None of that equates to the idea of militant. Militant is a describing an active state as I've always seen the word. Such as in the idea of Militant Atheism.

I already posted the definition of Hostility/Hostile and explained that point. It means antagonizing or in opposition. If I was in a state of action I would be considering hate to mean something war like but it doesn't always mean that.

Quote:dislike [dɪsˈlaɪk] Verb
to consider unpleasant or disagreeable

Of course, it all depends on the dictionary one uses.

My point is that hatred is a powerful word, and should not be used lightly.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
21-03-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: Are you biased?
(21-03-2012 12:30 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Question: Is I plural?

Answer: Then I is biased.

Next.

That one goes here.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user