Are you counted as a "none"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2017, 06:08 PM
Are you counted as a "none"?
Went to the VA for surgery to correct glaucoma on the 4th. Reviewed my records yesterday.

When I was in pre-OP the nurse asked "Any religious preference?"

I replied "None."

When I checked my records the slot was blank. If they were looking for "nones" in the VA system I wonder how many they would find?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post
20-08-2017, 06:38 PM
RE: Are you counted as a "none"?
(20-08-2017 06:08 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Went to the VA for surgery to correct glaucoma on the 4th. Reviewed my records yesterday.

I replied "None."

When I checked my records the slot was blank. If they were looking for "nones" in the VA system I wonder how many they would find?

Strange stuff. When I was in the army, they always put your religion on your dog tags, but they didn't have a metal embossing stamp for atheist. So I had to put up with OPD, other protestant denomination. Angry

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
20-08-2017, 06:39 PM
Yup. On my Pakistan visa application form.

The Consulate filled in (filled out) the form while I was in his office and I paused when he asked "Religion?".

He looked up and with a micro-smile of his eyebrow said "None." I said, "OK."

I was strongly tempted to say Jew(ish) Atheist but y'know, survival instinct and all that.

Blush

20-08-2017, 06:59 PM
My dog tags said Catholic because that's what I had been before and there wasn't a choice for none or Atheist.

I tucked them into a plastic sheath with my red penicillin allergy tag.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-08-2017, 08:33 PM
(20-08-2017 06:38 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 06:08 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Went to the VA for surgery to correct glaucoma on the 4th. Reviewed my records yesterday.

I replied "None."

Strange stuff. When I was in the army, they always put your religion on your dog tags, but they didn't have a metal embossing stamp for atheist. So I had to put up with OPD, other protestant denomination. Angry

> When I was in the army (1969-1972) the designation "NO PREF" was for atheists and agnostics.
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
20-08-2017, 08:43 PM
Unfortunately, checking "none" at a certain NC hospital won't keep the Chaplain away. I think he sees it as a personal challenge to save your soul.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
20-08-2017, 08:49 PM
When I was in a military hospital with an infected dog bite I had to choose "no preference".

Among the docs and nurses coming to talk to me was a guy who asked if there was something he could do for me. I told him yes, someone used a bedpan in the bathroom and it was sitting there making a big stink. He nodded and left. A bit later an orderly showed up and informed me that I had just sent a priest to clean up shit. I was ok with that. Smile

That's what happens when they stop wearing funny dresses. The guy wore jeans and a turtleneck sweater. He's lucky I didn't come up with some witty but dirty reply when he asked what he could do for me. He wasn't half bad looking.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
20-08-2017, 08:53 PM
Does counting as no one count? Consider

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
20-08-2017, 10:25 PM

I replied "None."

Perhaps they thought you meant "Nun".

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
20-08-2017, 10:38 PM
I would just say I'm Catholic because why not.