Are you counted as a "none"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2017, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2017 07:43 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
RE: Are you counted as a "none"?
(20-08-2017 08:33 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 06:38 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Strange stuff. When I was in the army, they always put your religion on your dog tags, but they didn't have a metal embossing stamp for atheist. So I had to put up with OPD, other protestant denomination. Angry

> When I was in the army (1969-1972) the designation "NO PREF" was for atheists and agnostics.

By the time I was in (89-93, USAF) "No Pref" had been supplemented with "Atheist", which was what my tags bore.

I can't say what my VA paperwork says. Is there any way to review this on MyHealtheVet?

ETA: doesn't look like there is.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
22-08-2017, 09:07 AM
I had surgery 2 years ago and they asked if I had a religious preference, and I just said "not really". I checked later and I was put as something like a non-donominational Christian. I asked them to change it to none. I go back for a checkup 6 months later and it still wasn't changed. I requested it be changed again but that was my last checkup for that doctor and I haven't been back to that hospital.
22-08-2017, 09:18 AM
I ain't counted. Having no life is having no forms. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Gawdzilla---I would have taken "He could nail jello to a wall" as a compliment. Like, you're a badass who can even do the impossible. Is that not what they meant?

But the phrase "he would try to nail jello to a wall" now that's insulting.

I've only ever heard it used in the context of "as easy as nailing jello (or water) to a wall." Like herding cats.

So I don't get why banned the term.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
22-08-2017, 09:33 AM
(21-08-2017 04:09 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 10:38 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  I would just say I'm Catholic because why not.

And would that be a lie?

Wouldn't be his first.