Poll: Are you entitled to money for being called a racial slur?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Are you entitled to money for being called a racial slur?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2012, 02:07 PM
RE: Are you entitled to money for being called a racial slur?
(16-02-2012 02:00 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Since you guys are for discrimination, then i suppose you support the Anti Gay movement and are against the right to marry, right?
Why stop with blacks, do you guys wanna repeal the womens right to vote?

Do you not see the difference in government and individual discrimination? I'm all for abolishing civil rights laws. They were needed then but I feel like we've grown to the point where we could do without them. We aren't all the way there but close enough that the laws aren't needed anymore. So to answer your question, no. I'm am very against any laws that discriminate against a minority or majority. The government and an individual private business are two totally different things.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2012, 02:09 PM
(16-02-2012 02:00 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 01:50 PM)lucradis Wrote:  As long as no one is physically assaulted.

How do you guys think repealing that law ends??? With Tinkerbell hitting us all on the head with her magic wand?

Politically Correct does not even factor into my DNA, so please don't think i am some bleeding heart.

Since you guys are for discrimination, then i suppose you support the Anti Gay movement and are against the right to marry, right?

No one is Physically HURT or Physically ASSAULTED when Homo's cant marry or women don't vote...right?

George W bush said atheist should not even be allowed to be Americans. You support that?

Free market did not fix things back in the 1930's, why would it work today?

D

Whoa there Slippery Slope... no one is talking about repealing civil rights. Denying someone good or services isn't a violation of civil rights. It's an exercised right of a free market and a private business.

In fact, a business should be allowed to place a sign within the confines of their private property that can say whatever they wish... yes, even "Keep Out Nigger!"

This is their right as a private business... it's complete suicide, but it's their right.

You do not have the civil right to govern someone's private business.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
16-02-2012, 02:10 PM
(16-02-2012 02:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 01:50 PM)lucradis Wrote:  As long as no one is physically assaulted.

How do you guys think repealing that law ends??? With Tinkerbell hitting us all on the head with her magic wand?

Politically Correct does not even factor into my DNA, so please don't think i am some bleeding heart.

Since you guys are for discrimination, then i suppose you support the Anti Gay movement and are against the right to marry, right?

No one is Physically HURT or Physically ASSAULTED when Homo's cant marry or women don't vote...right?

George W bush said atheist should not even be allowed to be Americans. You support that?

D

Whoa there Slippery Slope... no one is talking about repealing civil rights. Denying someone good or services isn't a violation of civil rights. It's an exercised right of a free market and a private business.

In fact, a business should be allowed to place a sign within the confines of their private property that can say whatever they wish... yes, even "Keep Out Nigger!"

This is their right as a private business... it's complete suicide, but it's their right.

Actually I am talking about repeal. At least in regards to anti-discrimination laws.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
16-02-2012, 02:15 PM
(16-02-2012 02:10 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 02:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

D

Actually I am talking about repeal. At least in regards to anti-discrimination laws.

I retract my previous statement then.

Although, after looking at everything again... I can see where both sides are coming from.

Hmmm, now, I have to reevaluate my stance on this.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
16-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Only business.

It's theirs. I would feel the same way so far as their own house too.

As for the gay marriage thing, I'm all for them getting hitched. But I couldn't figure out why they wanted that and not something that was legally equal of their own. Not that they had to keep it to themselves, but that they church couldn't even have a say in.
Like having an all boys gentlemens club. I'm for it, but I also think girls should have their own clubs.
I reserve the right in my house (were I to actually have my own house that is Sad ) to refuse entry of anyone I so please, minus the police... Why shouldn't a business owner? I mean I could see if they were offering an essential service no one else was, then it wouldn't make any sense for them to be able to turn anyone away, but let's say they sell fish and chips... No one has to go there. In all honesty if I heard that the business owner was refusing service to someone based around their ethnicity I wouldn't go there. I would imagine a whole host of people wouldn't go there, and eventually the business would probably die out.

I know if I were a business owner and like the pope came in, I'd ask him to leave. Lots of people love this fucking guy. I don't. Should I be forced to serve someone I don't like? By response I would expect millions of angry catholics and probably the rest of christiandom to come down on my head. Plus half the atheists out there who think that he deserves respect due to his position.
There are lots of people I wouldn't serve. Sure I have better reasons than ethnicity or geography but they are still my own and not necessarily shared the world over. Should I be forced to serve everyone?

That's what it boils down to for me.

I don't agree with someone who won't serve black people simply because they are black, but I think he should have the right to hate whoever he wants. With the repercussions to follow.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2012, 02:20 PM

(16-02-2012 02:07 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 02:00 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Since you guys are for discrimination, then i suppose you support the Anti Gay movement and are against the right to marry, right?

Do you not see the difference in government and individual discrimination? I'm all for abolishing civil rights laws. They were needed then but I feel like we've grown to the point where we could do without them. We aren't all the way there but close enough that the laws aren't needed anymore. So to answer your question, no. I'm am very against any laws that discriminate against a minority or majority. The government and an individual private business are two totally different things.

Yeah, i know the diffference but what you propose is extreme.
Hey, i am a white dude..so as louis ck says...i got a GREAT deal the day i was born. How lucky is that.
Those laws dont affect me at all.

I do think the little guy needs some looking after. The black, the atheist, the woman, the gay...anything thats not majority needs a helping hand. Free enterprise is not and will not fix it. It would only divide this nation only further.
Maybe in Nebraska there would not be a problem, but in the south i could see all kinds of problems. Heck, in Los Angeles ..damn city would be burnt to the ground.

At the end of the day i am a white dude living in a white dudes world, so in my lifetime i'll be in the Majority of the Majority. 50 years from now, maybe not so much as this nation is changing rapidly.

But this Rand Paul idea that Free Enterprise will sus out the ugly stuff is crazy talk.
It would actually create new business opportunites & divide the nation more than it is.
I wished we lived i a world that such laws were unnecessary cuz we all got along, it just aint so....

I may stand alone with this opinion, but thats fine. Been called a crazy fool before!!! :-)

D
Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2012, 02:24 PM
No no I agree with this:

"I wished we lived i a world that such laws were unnecessary cuz we all got along, it just aint so...." -D

I also wished we all would just get along. But that is certainly unlikely as I don't even like my neighbors.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
16-02-2012, 02:36 PM

(16-02-2012 02:16 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I don't agree with someone who won't serve black people simply because they are black, but I think he should have the right to hate whoever he wants. With the repercussions to follow.

This is not about being allowed to HATE.

Imagine you are a black dude in this utopian world you've created. You blow a tire in Pulaski TN (where town square ALREADY, TODAY has a statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest). When driving thru pulaski you saw an all too familiar sign that said "Nigger, dont let the sun set on you in this town" hand painted on a 4X8 piece of plywood by the "Welcome to Pulaski" sign (that the local racist law just cant seem to get around to taking down). You pull up to one of the 2 white gas station/tire shops in town and cant get help soley on the basis of skin color.
In the south USA, this is a very real situation.
Then what? What do you do? Its getting dark outside and you and your family was just passing through .....

There are laws that at least protect your ass in an elementary sense. Ones that say "Tonight you wont die and you might get a tire...albiet with an attitude". Not talking about making Grand Wizards of the KKK LOVE blacks, i am talking about keeping the playing field level. The hate will always be there, but the law kicks in some moral justice that simply would not be there in Whiteville!

There are Towns like this today, given the chance to descriminate, they would PROUDLY do it. Some tea party rednecks would LOVE to do it. THen what? Darkie just gotta learn to use him dat dar google mapz to goez around dem whity downz? Holy mackeralz! That aint a solution.

I am not talking about allowing strangers into your home (bad example, Lucradris).

You guys are really pining for the early 1900's and its scary. It didnt naturally fix its self then and it would be the same today. It would bolster racism on BOTH colors.

Sorry...just how i see it.

D
(16-02-2012 02:24 PM)lucradis Wrote:  No no I agree with this:

"I wished we lived i a world that such laws were unnecessary cuz we all got along, it just aint so...." -D

I also wished we all would just get along. But that is certainly unlikely as I don't even like my neighbors.

HA! Sounds like someone got "Does not play well with others" on his report card this 6 weeks. Lucradis...your grounded mister!
Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2012, 02:53 PM
I dont see how the home is a bad example. As I'm talking about an owned non essential business. But whatever I understand the point you're making I just wonder if you understand the point I'm making whether you agree with it or not.

Also my neighbors are insane in a non functional way. Just yesterday after picking up one of their kids from school at the elementary school at the end of the street the douchebag floored his gas pedal and nearly hit some other little kids on his way out. I wouldn't let him in my store either unless it was to punch his face.

16-02-2012, 03:09 PM
(16-02-2012 02:36 PM)Denicio Wrote:  [Imagine you are a black dude in this utopian world you've created. You blow a tire in Pulaski TN (where town square ALREADY, TODAY has a statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest). When driving thru pulaski you saw an all too familiar sign that said "Nigger, dont let the sun set on you in this town" hand painted on a 4X8 piece of plywood by the "Welcome to Pulaski" sign (that the local racist law just cant seem to get around to taking down). You pull up to one of the 2 white gas station/tire shops in town and cant get help soley on the basis of skin color.
In the south USA, this is a very real situation.

This is a very good example but I think you overestimate the frequency of situations like this occuring. There are enough non racists white people in that town that would ultimately put him out of business for this. They just wouldn't go to him. And if there were only 2 tire shops and both were racist then it would be smart business to open up the only non racist tire shop in town. Like I said, it would take a few years for the market to weed out the bad and install the good but it should be up to the business owner to risk his business via biggotry if he choses. It might not even take any time because even the racist business owners would value their money over their views. I'd be interested to see a 1 year hiatus on those laws. I bet next to nothing changes. But at least the ones that want to discriminate will be allowed to. IMO is their right to if they so chose.

-Mark Twain