Are you fucking kidding me!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2012, 03:52 PM
RE: Are you fucking kidding me!?
He also trip wired and booby trapped his apartment to the point that they had to evacuate the building and now they don't know what to do.

But other than that, look at the comments under the news stories. Look at the facebook posts. The only thing sadder than what happened is how people respond to what happened. Placing blame on everything from gun control laws to Hollywood for desensitizing us to violence. Random snippets of irrational thoughts and offered prayers followed by GOD BLESS AMERICA! We don't learn or examine causes of human behavior, we're too busy yelling our hate speech as loud as we can. ME ME ME! I'm right! We all have these expert opinions that MUST be heard.

Having said that. I still want to go see Dark Knight tonight, but it will be so tense and awkward. Like flying on the first plane after 9/11.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
20-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Praise the Lord it wasn't worse.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Despite what the NRA might want us to believe, guns and psychological disorders are not a good mix. And for those who think other armed individuals in the theater could've stopped it sooner, maybe if they were trained law enforcement professionals, but otherwise I see a nasty ass crossfire that very well could've taken even more lives. Fucker was wearing kevlar.

I mean nobody's gonna take my Mossberg's away from me for self-defense purposes but what the fuck does anybody need an AR-15 assault rifle for? Hunting? No. .30-06 is better for that anyway. Sport? Entertainment? Fine. You can go to regulated sites and rent this equipment to satisfy your strange desires.

Rant over.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-07-2012, 06:57 PM
More reason to back up the secret UN treaties being signed behind closed doors by a lot of countries in reference to gun control. (google it, plenty of info)

They dont want you to have the ability to defend yourself......... be a good drone and hand in any last freedoms at the check in desk.

I feel sorry though for all the people killed....... I also feel sorry for the people who did it caus there either mental (and cannot help it) or something occured in there life that made them do it, which needs to be investigated.

Cutting peoples skin off and rolling them in salt...... aint gonna bring back the people nor is it going to understand the whole situation.

Ive seen someone get tortured with my own eyes (I didnt take part and tried to stop it)......... its nothing you wish to see believe me, its just your high emotions that make you feel at that moment it is justified......... however over time these emotions will die down and be forgotten....... however seeing somebody suffer in unimaginable ways, making noises you have never heard a human make, seeing the pain and fear in there eyes....... will last a lot longer with you.

Be carefull what you wish for.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
20-07-2012, 07:06 PM
(20-07-2012 06:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Despite what the NRA might want us to believe, guns and psychological disorders are not a good mix. And for those who think other armed individuals in the theater could've stopped it sooner, maybe if they were trained law enforcement professionals, but otherwise I see a nasty ass crossfire that very well could've taken even more lives. Fucker was wearing kevlar.

I mean nobody's gonna take my Mossberg's away from me for self-defense purposes but what the fuck does anybody need an AR-15 assault rifle for? Hunting? No. .30-06 is better for that anyway. Sport? Entertainment? Fine. You can go to regulated sites and rent this equipment to satisfy your strange desires.

Rant over.
The NRA agrees that "guns and psychological disorders are not a good mix".

An armed citizen in the theater could have stopped him, no crossfire - there was no one behind the shooter.

Hunting is not the only reason to have a firearm, and hunting is not the point of the Second Amendment.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-07-2012, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2012 10:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-07-2012 07:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-07-2012 06:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Despite what the NRA might want us to believe, guns and psychological disorders are not a good mix. And for those who think other armed individuals in the theater could've stopped it sooner, maybe if they were trained law enforcement professionals, but otherwise I see a nasty ass crossfire that very well could've taken even more lives. Fucker was wearing kevlar.

Rant over.
The NRA agrees that "guns and psychological disorders are not a good mix".

Then they oughtta be okay with a psych eval as a prerequisite for purchasing a firearm. Yeah, like that'll fuckin' happen.

(20-07-2012 07:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  An armed citizen in the theater could have stopped him, no crossfire - there was no one behind the shooter.

Odds are that armed citizen would've ended up shooting a moviegoer trying to get the fuck outta the way when his first round hit the kevlar vest and didn't do shit.

(20-07-2012 07:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  Hunting is not the only reason to have a firearm, and hunting is not the point of the Second Amendment.

I know it's not. But do you not think we should put bounds on the limits of the types of firearms citizens can own? I've worked for a munitions research lab my entire career. Some 30 years ago now one of my colleagues was doing research on artillery. As part of that research the Army was obligated to deliver to us a 155mm Howitzer. We didn't know how to accept it. The Colonel said, "Look, I have to deliver this Howitzer someplace." The team lead said sarcastically, "Okay, fuck it, here's my home address, deliver it there." The Colonel did and a shitstorm ensued when the police were called because there was a goddam Howitzer parked in front of the team lead's house. Should private citizens be allowed to own Howitzers? They're just guns after all.

[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-07-2012, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2012 08:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
oops ... double post ... must be drunk.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-07-2012, 08:55 PM
(20-07-2012 11:35 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  While this is a horrible, horrible thing... I loathe the upcoming days in the media.

Likewise, they are going to try and turn this into "gun" thing and talk about how guns need to be outlawed... and completely ignore the fact that this monster killed these people and not the guns.
That's exactly what I thought...this will bring the gun control thing back to the forefront. UGH.

I don't care how much you try to control the ownership of guns, if someone wants one bad enough to do something like this, they will find a way to get one. It's not like there aren't unregistered guns around.

Kind of scary though..what a place to do something like that. Lots of people, it's dark, and loud. Actually sort of surprised it hasn't happened before.

Next thing is we will have to go through a TSA-like screening to go to a movie.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
20-07-2012, 09:05 PM
(20-07-2012 08:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-07-2012 11:35 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  While this is a horrible, horrible thing... I loathe the upcoming days in the media.

Likewise, they are going to try and turn this into "gun" thing and talk about how guns need to be outlawed... and completely ignore the fact that this monster killed these people and not the guns.
That's exactly what I thought...this will bring the gun control thing back to the forefront. UGH.

I don't care how much you try to control the ownership of guns, if someone wants one bad enough to do something like this, they will find a way to get one. It's not like there aren't unregistered guns around.

Kind of scary though..what a place to do something like that. Lots of people, it's dark, and loud. Actually sort of surprised it hasn't happened before.

Next thing is we will have to go through a TSA-like screening to go to a movie.
It's not so much the guns but more the TYPE of guns.

I'm with Girly, WTF does someone need an AR for? and with a 100round drum?
9mm Pistol, yeah sure maybe. Hunting rifle and scope? understandable. But a fucking assault rifle???
There is zero reason to have one.

If this guy only had access to say a 9mm the death toll and severity/number of injuries would have been less.

And yeah, throwing more gun fire into the mix isn't going to help. People would be confused, scared, filled with adrenaline, it would have been dark and people would have been running everywhere, and then you want to give those people guns??
That just screams much more death and injury.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
20-07-2012, 09:09 PM
(20-07-2012 07:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  oops ... double post ... must be drunk.

Oooh... wish I was. Maybe that will be the plan. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post