Are you fucking kidding me!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: Are you fucking kidding me!?
(20-07-2012 09:05 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-07-2012 08:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  That's exactly what I thought...this will bring the gun control thing back to the forefront. UGH.

I don't care how much you try to control the ownership of guns, if someone wants one bad enough to do something like this, they will find a way to get one. It's not like there aren't unregistered guns around.

Kind of scary though..what a place to do something like that. Lots of people, it's dark, and loud. Actually sort of surprised it hasn't happened before.

Next thing is we will have to go through a TSA-like screening to go to a movie.
It's not so much the guns but more the TYPE of guns.

I'm with Girly, WTF does someone need an AR for? and with a 100round drum?
9mm Pistol, yeah sure maybe. Hunting rifle and scope? understandable. But a fucking assault rifle???
There is zero reason to have one.

If this guy only had access to say a 9mm the death toll and severity/number of injuries would have been less.

And yeah, throwing more gun fire into the mix isn't going to help. People would be confused, scared, filled with adrenaline, it would have been dark and people would have been running everywhere, and then you want to give those people guns??
That just screams much more death and injury.
The majority of households in Switzerland have one or more assault rifles (real ones - full auto; an AR-15 is not an assault rifle).

I have an AR-15 and it a perfectly valid hunting rifle. Why do you think it isn't?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-07-2012, 09:24 PM
A gun is just a tool...... I dont think you can seperate between what is a "suitable" firearm over any other gun.

They all fire bullets.

EDIT: I could own a RPG, an AK47 and lots of handgrenades....... doesnt mean im gonna kill people with them.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
20-07-2012, 09:38 PM
(20-07-2012 09:24 PM)bemore Wrote:  I could own a RPG, an AK47 and lots of handgrenades....... doesnt mean im gonna kill people with them.

What state do you live in!?!?!?! Shocking

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
20-07-2012, 10:11 PM
(20-07-2012 09:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-07-2012 09:05 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's not so much the guns but more the TYPE of guns.

I'm with Girly, WTF does someone need an AR for? and with a 100round drum?
9mm Pistol, yeah sure maybe. Hunting rifle and scope? understandable. But a fucking assault rifle???
There is zero reason to have one.

If this guy only had access to say a 9mm the death toll and severity/number of injuries would have been less.

And yeah, throwing more gun fire into the mix isn't going to help. People would be confused, scared, filled with adrenaline, it would have been dark and people would have been running everywhere, and then you want to give those people guns??
That just screams much more death and injury.
The majority of households in Switzerland have one or more assault rifles (real ones - full auto; an AR-15 is not an assault rifle).

I have an AR-15 and it a perfectly valid hunting rifle. Why do you think it isn't?
Why are you comparing Switzerland to America?
America isn't Switzerland. Different cultures, different parts of the world, different landscape etc..

Point is, you do whats right by you. So America doesn't go around making laws saying that Maori don't own the water, because you don't have any Maori, or at least none that claim water.

Now I don't know but I assume Switzerland doesn't have shootings like this? Or at least not as many gun related crimes compared to America.
Why? Because, different culture, different people etc...

You make laws that relate to you.

And yea sure you could hunt with an AR, but it's not about could you, it's about is it really needed.
You could hunt just as easily with a hunting rifle or hunting shotgun.
Hell you could hunt with a fucking crossbow.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
20-07-2012, 11:13 PM
(20-07-2012 10:11 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-07-2012 09:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  The majority of households in Switzerland have one or more assault rifles (real ones - full auto; an AR-15 is not an assault rifle).

Why are you comparing Switzerland to America?
America isn't Switzerland. Different cultures, different parts of the world, different landscape etc..

Point is, you do whats right by you. So America doesn't go around making laws saying that Maori don't own the water, because you don't have any Maori, or at least none that claim water.

Now I don't know but I assume Switzerland doesn't have shootings like this? Or at least not as many gun related crimes compared to America.

And yea sure you could hunt with an AR, but it's not about could you, it's about is it really needed.
You forgot a .45 magnum revolver. My grandpa hunts with that.

Under Repair.
20-07-2012, 11:56 PM
(20-07-2012 11:13 PM)itsacow Wrote:  
(20-07-2012 10:11 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why are you comparing Switzerland to America?

You forgot a .45 magnum revolver. My grandpa hunts with that.
[Image: my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg]

21-07-2012, 02:53 AM
It’s bloody hard to get a gun licence in NZ, you have to jump through lots of hoops and that’s for just a .22! Getting the licence for a semi auto is just a nightmare and forget a full auto; it’s not going to happen.
But fortunately we have quite an ingenious population and not having guns hasn’t curbed the murder related death toll, we use bats and knives, we hit each other with bricks and run people down in cars.
Gun control may stop people being shot (it probably won’t) but watch the stabbings skyrocket.
Even mass killings aren’t always because of guns, terrorist units use explosives and gas for instance and mass poisonings have thinned the populace as well.

The long and short of it is, we kill each other.
It’s not guns or knives or home-made pipe bombs and hard core death metal, it’s us.
Guns are used as they are convenient, it is a tool for a job and if one is at hand then you needn’t put any effort into finding a good sized rock.

The gun control was put in place in NZ to prevent the criminal element having access to them, oddly enough now most of the people with guns are the criminals as so few law abiding people can be bothered with all the checks that go with ownership.
The police now have easy access to guns, they still don’t carry them around but there will be one in their car.
They use them to shoot courier drivers and threaten people armed with hard drives.

Aside from having yearly checkups with a psychologist I have no idea on how to prevent this sort of thing from happening, and if people are cleaver and determined then it will still happen regardless.

Earmuffs, mate, take some deep breaths and relax. Getting wound up over things that are out of your sphere of influence isn’t good for you.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
21-07-2012, 03:16 AM
(21-07-2012 02:53 AM)Karl Wrote:  It’s bloody hard to get a gun licence in NZ, you have to jump through lots of hoops and that’s for just a .22! Getting the licence for a semi auto is just a nightmare and forget a full auto; it’s not going to happen.
But fortunately we have quite an ingenious population and not having guns hasn’t curbed the murder related death toll, we use bats and knives, we hit each other with bricks and run people down in cars.
Gun control may stop people being shot (it probably won’t) but watch the stabbings skyrocket.
Even mass killings aren’t always because of guns, terrorist units use explosives and gas for instance and mass poisonings have thinned the populace as well.

The long and short of it is, we kill each other.
It’s not guns or knives or home-made pipe bombs and hard core death metal, it’s us.
Guns are used as they are convenient, it is a tool for a job and if one is at hand then you needn’t put any effort into finding a good sized rock.

The gun control was put in place in NZ to prevent the criminal element having access to them, oddly enough now most of the people with guns are the criminals as so few law abiding people can be bothered with all the checks that go with ownership.
The police now have easy access to guns, they still don’t carry them around but there will be one in their car.
They use them to shoot courier drivers and threaten people armed with hard drives.

Aside from having yearly checkups with a psychologist I have no idea on how to prevent this sort of thing from happening, and if people are cleaver and determined then it will still happen regardless.

Earmuffs, mate, take some deep breaths and relax. Getting wound up over things that are out of your sphere of influence isn’t good for you.
Most guns are owned by criminals?
Obviously not from a small rural town.

And son, I'm from NZ too, if I only got worked up over things within my sphere of influence I wouldn't have anything to get worked up over.
Well.. currently that water ownership crap.. lets just say I have a few choice words about that shit! But still, overall.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-07-2012, 04:53 AM
(21-07-2012 03:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Most guns are owned by criminals?
Obviously not from a small rural town.

And son, I'm from NZ too, if I only got worked up over things within my sphere of influence I wouldn't have anything to get worked up over.
Well.. currently that water ownership crap.. lets just say I have a few choice words about that shit! But still, overall.

I thought Auckland was a small town…
Most of the people I know who used to hunt gave it up and got rid of their guns as they ether aged or life got in the way of weekends in the bush.
Of those who still hunt none are too happy about the checks they have to concede to.
Of all the shooting we have every year most are gang related, popping each other off thankfully and I think that the practice should be encouraged.
As for the water ownership I have a feeling we would agree on that pile of shit, the instigators of that need to be feed to sharks.

Son?

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
21-07-2012, 05:50 AM
(20-07-2012 09:24 PM)bemore Wrote:  A gun is just a tool...... I dont think you can seperate between what is a "suitable" firearm over any other gun.

They all fire bullets.

EDIT: I could own a RPG, an AK47 and lots of handgrenades....... doesnt mean im gonna kill people with them.
But is it easier to massacre people with access to an RPG, an AK47 and lots of handgrenades, than without access to them?

Saying 'oh I won't use them' is completely besides the point. You may not use them ofcourse, the vast majority of people probably won't, but if one nut case has the ability to buy enough weaponry to massacre an entire movie theatre, something is seriously fucked up.

Such a heinous act would be a lot harder to commit without such an arsenal of firearms and equipment.

This issue is nothing to do with personal liberties, and everything to do with the safety of society.

I thought this meme quite relevant:
[Image: 3632_3566473839749_655999705_n.jpg]

Every mystery ever solved has turned out to be not magic. - Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Napoleon's post