RE: Are you fucking kidding me!?
Maybe they meant "bear arms" ?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3JAzrm3xDVJho1BtlK9K...IlNyPHfW0g]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
21-07-2012, 06:09 AM
(20-07-2012 11:35 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  While this is a horrible, horrible thing... I loathe the upcoming days in the media.

Likewise, they are going to try and turn this into "gun" thing and talk about how guns need to be outlawed... and completely ignore the fact that this monster killed these people and not the guns.
Yes indeed. We all need our assault rifles.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
21-07-2012, 06:44 AM
(21-07-2012 04:53 AM)Karl Wrote:  
(21-07-2012 03:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Most guns are owned by criminals?
Obviously not from a small rural town.

And son, I'm from NZ too, if I only got worked up over things within my sphere of influence I wouldn't have anything to get worked up over.
Well.. currently that water ownership crap.. lets just say I have a few choice words about that shit! But still, overall.

I thought Auckland was a small town…
Most of the people I know who used to hunt gave it up and got rid of their guns as they ether aged or life got in the way of weekends in the bush.
Of those who still hunt none are too happy about the checks they have to concede to.
Of all the shooting we have every year most are gang related, popping each other off thankfully and I think that the practice should be encouraged.
As for the water ownership I have a feeling we would agree on that pile of shit, the instigators of that need to be feed to sharks.

Son?
Ahh Auckland.
For those that don't know, there is "Auckland", and then there is "New Zealand". Tongue
True story.

And sure gangs may have guns but what guns? 9mm pistols? Again, it's not like there is a bunch of people running around South Auckland with ARs mowing down people.
It's not the gun, it's the type of gun.

Well it's the Harawira's instigating it isn't it? Bunch of white man hating cunts. Especially Hone, if guns are gonna kill anyone it should be that racist pig and his mother while they're at it. The whole foreshore and seabed and water rights etc.. is such bullshit. It's like we given you a shit load of land and made all you pricks rich and all you do is bitch and complain that you don't get higher handouts then what you already get!
It's like because they're "Maori" they feel instantly entitled to fucking everything. And what does the government do? It fucking gives it to them!! I literally stood up and applauded at the TV (excessive yes, but I don't care) at John Key when he said "Nobody owns the water". It's like, this is why I voted for this guy because he's upfront, doesn't beat around the bush.
Like the whole asset sales, I completely agree with him that he was given the green light at the election. I mean it was like the only issue during the election. It was made clear, vote Phil assets wont be sold and the country would continue to dig deeper into debt because we give all our GDP to the Maori so they can dick around and not work or vote Key and 49% of assets would be sold. And what happened? Labor got it's worst result EVER and National got 48%, the highest result for one party since MMP started. This is why I hate this country, people are so fucking retarded. To many leftest who feel entitled to handouts. I wish Greens formed coalitions with National, that would be a good government, the two only decent parties in this country (OH maybe Peter Dun, he's a bit of alright for a Christian, he has some good policies. Actually I believe he's my electorate currently..). They could run the country and Labor and Mana and fuckhead Winston Peters and fucking Act and Maori party can all fuck off to the other side of the room and bitch and moan about everything like they always do while National and Greens actually run the fucking country properly.
Wow, I think I got a little off topic with this post...

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
21-07-2012, 08:34 AM
(20-07-2012 10:11 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-07-2012 09:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  The majority of households in Switzerland have one or more assault rifles (real ones - full auto; an AR-15 is not an assault rifle).

I have an AR-15 and it a perfectly valid hunting rifle. Why do you think it isn't?
Why are you comparing Switzerland to America?
America isn't Switzerland. Different cultures, different parts of the world, different landscape etc..

Point is, you do whats right by you. So America doesn't go around making laws saying that Maori don't own the water, because you don't have any Maori, or at least none that claim water.

Now I don't know but I assume Switzerland doesn't have shootings like this? Or at least not as many gun related crimes compared to America.
Why? Because, different culture, different people etc...

You make laws that relate to you.

And yea sure you could hunt with an AR, but it's not about could you, it's about is it really needed.
You could hunt just as easily with a hunting rifle or hunting shotgun.
Hell you could hunt with a fucking crossbow.
What do you mean by 'needed'? The AR-15 is a light, accurate rifle in 5.56mm caliber. It is an appropriate rifle for small game. What is it that you don't like about it?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-07-2012, 08:36 AM
(21-07-2012 05:50 AM)Napoleon Wrote:  
(20-07-2012 09:24 PM)bemore Wrote:  A gun is just a tool...... I dont think you can seperate between what is a "suitable" firearm over any other gun.

They all fire bullets.

EDIT: I could own a RPG, an AK47 and lots of handgrenades....... doesnt mean im gonna kill people with them.
But is it easier to massacre people with access to an RPG, an AK47 and lots of handgrenades, than without access to them?

Saying 'oh I won't use them' is completely besides the point. You may not use them ofcourse, the vast majority of people probably won't, but if one nut case has the ability to buy enough weaponry to massacre an entire movie theatre, something is seriously fucked up.

Such a heinous act would be a lot harder to commit without such an arsenal of firearms and equipment.

This issue is nothing to do with personal liberties, and everything to do with the safety of society.

I thought this meme quite relevant:
[Image: 3632_3566473839749_655999705_n.jpg]
No, what they meant was military arms sufficient to protect the people against tyranny.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
21-07-2012, 09:01 AM
(21-07-2012 05:50 AM)Napoleon Wrote:  But is it easier to massacre people with access to an RPG, an AK47 and lots of handgrenades, than without access to them?

Saying 'oh I won't use them' is completely besides the point. You may not use them ofcourse, the vast majority of people probably won't, but if one nut case has the ability to buy enough weaponry to massacre an entire movie theatre, something is seriously fucked up.

Such a heinous act would be a lot harder to commit without such an arsenal of firearms and equipment.

This issue is nothing to do with personal liberties, and everything to do with the safety of society.
I think it has a lot to do with personal liberties........ I imagine there to be millions of responsible gun owners out there that never have a problem with there weapons or the law. Due to the acts of a few people does that mean normal law abiding people should have there guns taken away from them???

As with regards to the safety of society...... we live in a world run by globalists..... they dont care for your safety as long as there is a profit or something of benfit to them.

If a psycho couldnt get access to guns then there are a million and one other deadly weapons to use........ they could easily hijack a bus and run many people over, does this mean we should ban motorvehicles in case some nutter decides to recreate Grand Theft Auto????

EDIT: Its like I say, I think guns are just tools..... inanimate objects..... guns are not the problem, its the people who use them that is.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
21-07-2012, 03:27 PM
(21-07-2012 09:01 AM)bemore Wrote:  I think it has a lot to do with personal liberties........ I imagine there to be millions of responsible gun owners out there that never have a problem with there weapons or the law. Due to the acts of a few people does that mean normal law abiding people should have there guns taken away from them???

I never said anything about taking guns away. I said it had nothing to do with personal liberties, because you're absolutely right, people shouldn't have their guns taken away, nor should they have the right to them removed. It doesn't come into it. All I am suggesting is that gun laws in the US obviously need tightening, it should be a lot harder for an average person to get hold of weaponry that can cause this much damage. It's in the interest of public safety for this to happen. I trust it does not need to be re-stated why.

Quote:As with regards to the safety of society...... we live in a world run by globalists..... they dont care for your safety as long as there is a profit or something of benfit to them.

And that makes it okay?

Quote:If a psycho couldnt get access to guns then there are a million and one other deadly weapons to use........ they could easily hijack a bus and run many people over, does this mean we should ban motorvehicles in case some nutter decides to recreate Grand Theft Auto????

Slippery slope.

Just because they have access to other ways of killing, in no way means they will use such ways. Also, both ways to kill such an amount of people can be of varying difficulty. It is not a fair comparison, and a different argument all together.

If we can solve one problem, why should another come into it when you have no reasonable argument other than a fallacious slippery slope to suggest it does.

Quote:EDIT: Its like I say, I think guns are just tools..... inanimate objects..... guns are not the problem, its the people who use them that is.

The people who use them are the catalyst yes, but without the access to such weaponry the chances of them causing such atrocities are reduced IMO.

Every mystery ever solved has turned out to be not magic. - Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Napoleon's post
21-07-2012, 04:07 PM
(21-07-2012 03:27 PM)Napoleon Wrote:  
(21-07-2012 09:01 AM)bemore Wrote:  I think it has a lot to do with personal liberties........ I imagine there to be millions of responsible gun owners out there that never have a problem with there weapons or the law. Due to the acts of a few people does that mean normal law abiding people should have there guns taken away from them???

I never said anything about taking guns away. I said it had nothing to do with personal liberties, because you're absolutely right, people shouldn't have their guns taken away, nor should they have the right to them removed. It doesn't come into it. All I am suggesting is that gun laws in the US obviously need tightening, it should be a lot harder for an average person to get hold of weaponry that can cause this much damage. It's in the interest of public safety for this to happen. I trust it does not need to be re-stated why.

Quote:As with regards to the safety of society...... we live in a world run by globalists..... they dont care for your safety as long as there is a profit or something of benfit to them.

And that makes it okay?

Quote:If a psycho couldnt get access to guns then there are a million and one other deadly weapons to use........ they could easily hijack a bus and run many people over, does this mean we should ban motorvehicles in case some nutter decides to recreate Grand Theft Auto????

Slippery slope.

Just because they have access to other ways of killing, in no way means they will use such ways. Also, both ways to kill such an amount of people can be of varying difficulty. It is not a fair comparison, and a different argument all together.

If we can solve one problem, why should another come into it when you have no reasonable argument other than a fallacious slippery slope to suggest it does.

Quote:EDIT: Its like I say, I think guns are just tools..... inanimate objects..... guns are not the problem, its the people who use them that is.

The people who use them are the catalyst yes, but without the access to such weaponry the chances of them causing such atrocities are reduced IMO.
I misread your original post in its context....... I think we are probably singing from the same song sheet.

I cant disagree with anything you have said.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
23-07-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm sorry to dredge this up from the second page since you're all debating gun control (which I'm against because it creates a black market and allows criminals to get their hands on guns while keeping it out of the hands of ordinary citizens, and that's all I'll say on that.)

But this:
(20-07-2012 06:57 PM)bemore Wrote:  [SNIP]

I feel sorry though for all the people killed....... I also feel sorry for the people who did it caus there either mental (and cannot help it) or something occured in there life that made them do it, which needs to be investigated.

Cutting peoples skin off and rolling them in salt...... aint gonna bring back the people nor is it going to understand the whole situation.

Ive seen someone get tortured with my own eyes (I didnt take part and tried to stop it)......... its nothing you wish to see believe me, its just your high emotions that make you feel at that moment it is justified......... however over time these emotions will die down and be forgotten....... however seeing somebody suffer in unimaginable ways, making noises you have never heard a human make, seeing the pain and fear in there eyes....... will last a lot longer with you.

Be carefull what you wish for.
I'm sorry you had to see that, I'm sure it was terrible. But THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS! I feel the same way, and I have a Christian friend who's posted that this "animal/monster/dog" should be "publicly hung" for all to "learn from it." And other Christian friends of his posting other equally horrendous things, like having him restrained in a room and tortured to death by the victims' friends and families.

You make me so happy to know that I'm not the only one who wouldn't ever want to see such a thing. Sure, I'm okay with him being put to death, but having people who are simply angry because they're grieving going and doing something horrible to this guy isn't going to make them feel better.

These people, when I told them how disturbing their ideas were and that the only thing separating them from being on his level is the fact that he actually went through with it, continued to give me excuses saying it "isn't vengeance, it's doing what's right" and "he's an animal/monster/dog"!!! I don't get how torturing someone is right. Then this guy who claims he's a vet says that the military apparently thinks about all the ways to kill people. Last I checked: I know 2 Vietnam vets, one talks about what happened because it's important to him to show the brutality of man and say "this isn't right, but this is what happened", and the other will share one story, and after that, nothing. I can only assume what the second saw was that traumatizing. Both men were POWs for a time. I know vets my age (mid-late 20's) who don't sit there thinking about how to kill people, rather, when they think of things they remember what happened, how it could have been worse, those they lost over there. Maybe those veterans that I know are just a minority?

I don't know, either way, your post brought me some comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one who thinks that while the guy should rightly see justice, it shouldn't be vigilantism or torture. It should be: prison-for-life/lethal injection/insane asylum. Those three options are the only ones that should happen. People may think he's getting off easy, but if we suspend the justice system for this guy, who's to say people won't do it for people who would later be found not guilty of something (as has happened in the past, people thinking someone guilty and then DNA evidence revealing that it wasn't that person.)

As a post note, I wouldn't wish the fate they want for this guy on a rabid, feral zombie dog that's trying to eat me or my loved ones, let alone wish a horrible fate on another human being, even if they're that twisted. No, not even if they killed people I cared about.

I doodle.
A lot.
My cheap commissions.
My humor can also be very perverse, so forgive me if I make sexy fart jokes. :'D
23-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Looking at some good writing from Dave Cullen here.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 5 users Like kim's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  You have to be FUCKING kidding me! Hughsie 11 945 19-02-2012 06:44 PM
Last Post: rook2004
  Is the pope fucking serious? MasterRottweiler 5 926 20-08-2011 06:18 AM
Last Post: Filox