Are you fucking kidding me!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2012, 01:04 PM
RE: Are you fucking kidding me!?
(23-07-2012 12:38 PM)kim Wrote:  Looking at some good writing from Dave Cullen here.
Thanks Kim that was a good article.

"No matter how old or young everyone is worth it, everyone can learn and no one is beneath you unless they claim to be above you." -Myself
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Yeah, that was a very good article.

I was struck by a comment made on another forum I read. The poster said we might want to consider ourselves fortunate, bizarre though that sounds, that he only killed 12 people and severely wounded about 9 still in critical condition.

Think about it...this guy was brilliant and studying neuroscience. A PhD in neuroscience is the kind of degree that gets you a job where you have virtually unrestricted access to all kinds of lethal bio-agents...and the rest of the story could have been the stuff of Quentin Tarantino crossed with Alfred Hitchcock movies.

As the poster pointed out, we could have been dealing with 12 MILLION dead instead of 12, worstcase scenario.
[+] 2 users Like Her Dotness's post
23-07-2012, 03:57 PM
(23-07-2012 12:38 PM)kim Wrote:  Looking at some good writing from Dave Cullen here.
That was an informative read. I'd always wondered if what the media said could possibly be true. But it makes sense not to listen to the media, they just want ratings and to cause a mob mentality, it's all their motive has been for a long time now. It's good to see a reporter revisit something with clarity and facts.

In a way, though, I think it kind of makes the thought of him having something mentally wrong (depression, schizophrenia, bipolar, or the likes) with him. It's sad, because it means he didn't get help he desperately needed and other people paid the consequence.

Time will tell, either way.

I doodle.
A lot.
My humor can also be very perverse, so forgive me if I make sexy fart jokes. :'D
23-07-2012, 04:40 PM
(23-07-2012 03:57 PM)Chaos Requiem Wrote:  But it makes sense not to listen to the media, they just want ratings and to cause a mob mentality, it's all their motive has been for a long time now. It's good to see a reporter revisit something with clarity and facts.

But is it any more just for us to tar every reporter with the same ugly brush? I don't think so.

Columbine was an extraordinary situation, really the first widescale shooting incident in a peaceful suburb terribly ill-prepared for something that horrendous. It's understandable, hindsight being what it is, that the frenzied desire to find out what had happened and why led to conclusions about the perpetrators' motives that we now know to have been terribly mistaken.

Even responsible reporters (spare me the tedious argument that that's an oxymoron, please)are also vulnerable people who can be scared out of their wits by what they've happened onto and must attempt to sort out as best they can in the midst of utter chaos what the truth of the situation may be. I think we need to cut the media some slack where unprecedented events such as Columbine are concerned.

That said, it's important to consider that there are people who are just plain evil who cannot be changed. This guy might be a sociopath, a condition that is as near impossible to treat effectively as pedophilia.

So when you say as is so customary anymore, In a way, though, I think it kind of makes the thought of him having something mentally wrong (depression, schizophrenia, bipolar, or the likes) with him. It's sad, because it means he didn't get help he desperately needed and other people paid the consequence. , the frightening reality is that there are people born twisted who can't ever be made right. James Holmes might be one.

I will never forget the dispassionate demeanor of BTK killer Dennis Rader during his televised sentencing hearing when the judge questioned him about how he went about planning and carrying out his murders. Rader spoke of planning whom he would kill next as "identifying my next project." Sometimes, he explained, he would have to abandon a "project" because he had too many demands on his time. That's all these people were to him, like hobbies that he reluctantly had to put aside sometimes when he had too much on his plate. "Projects"????? There's a truly alarming sicko for ya.
23-07-2012, 05:05 PM
(21-07-2012 08:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-07-2012 05:50 AM)Napoleon Wrote:  But is it easier to massacre people with access to an RPG, an AK47 and lots of handgrenades, than without access to them?

Saying 'oh I won't use them' is completely besides the point. You may not use them ofcourse, the vast majority of people probably won't, but if one nut case has the ability to buy enough weaponry to massacre an entire movie theatre, something is seriously fucked up.

Such a heinous act would be a lot harder to commit without such an arsenal of firearms and equipment.

This issue is nothing to do with personal liberties, and everything to do with the safety of society.

I thought this meme quite relevant:
[Image: 3632_3566473839749_655999705_n.jpg]
No, what they meant was military arms sufficient to protect the people against tyranny.

Thanks, Chas. The hunting shit always bugs me. The 2nd amendment doesn't give people the right to bear arms for hunting, it gives us the right to rise up against tyranny and Zombies.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
23-07-2012, 05:31 PM
(23-07-2012 05:05 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(21-07-2012 08:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, what they meant was military arms sufficient to protect the people against tyranny.

Thanks, Chas. The hunting shit always bugs me. The 2nd amendment doesn't give people the right to bear arms for hunting, it gives us the right to rise up against tyranny and Zombies.
The zombie threat was well-understood, hence the need for a well-regulated militia. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
23-07-2012, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2012 07:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-07-2012 08:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  What do you mean by 'needed'? The AR-15 is a light, accurate rifle in 5.56mm caliber. It is an appropriate rifle for small game. What is it that you don't like about it?

My Beeman air rifle is far more accurate and appropriate for small game than your assault rifle. And having been shot many times in my youth by airguns (yes kids, that's what we did before they invented paintball Big Grin), only way I'm gonna kill someone with one is a shot to the eye or ear from close range.

(23-07-2012 05:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-07-2012 05:05 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Thanks, Chas. The hunting shit always bugs me. The 2nd amendment doesn't give people the right to bear arms for hunting, it gives us the right to rise up against tyranny and Zombies.
The zombie threat was well-understood, hence the need for a well-regulated militia. Yes

Hear hear, howitzers all around it is then. ... Bet I can get one sooner than you. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Unfortunately the Media primarily concerns itself with making money, and doesn't really care about what is actually happening.

"Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and the truth." Kosh Naranek
24-07-2012, 02:46 PM
(23-07-2012 07:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-07-2012 08:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  What do you mean by 'needed'? The AR-15 is a light, accurate rifle in 5.56mm caliber. It is an appropriate rifle for small game. What is it that you don't like about it?

My Beeman air rifle is far more accurate and appropriate for small game than your assault rifle. And having been shot many times in my youth by airguns (yes kids, that's what we did before they invented paintball Big Grin), only way I'm gonna kill someone with one is a shot to the eye or ear from close range.

(23-07-2012 05:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  The zombie threat was well-understood, hence the need for a well-regulated militia. Yes

Hear hear, howitzers all around it is then. ... Bet I can get one sooner than you. Tongue

The AR-15 is not an assault rifle; the M-16 is. I have an RWS airgun - 1000 fps, deadly for rats and squirrels, not so much for coyotes or groundhogs.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-07-2012, 02:59 PM
I haven't read all of this thread. The guy was nuts! He would have used anything he could have got his hands on. It was not the guns that was the problem. It was the person that pulled the trigger. Even Obama is not making this a gun issue. He really thought he was the joker. He had a very sick mind. So much loss and it is a shame no one seen the warning signs first. I think maybe their parents may have known their son may have been off his rocker. Who knows what is going on at this point. We only hear the propaganda from the media. I never believe a word coming out of that sewer.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson