Are you fucking kidding me!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2012, 04:51 PM
RE: Are you fucking kidding me!?
Sorry, realized the time and had to run off to work.
(23-07-2012 04:40 PM)Her Dotness Wrote:  
(23-07-2012 03:57 PM)Chaos Requiem Wrote:  But it makes sense not to listen to the media, they just want ratings and to cause a mob mentality, it's all their motive has been for a long time now. It's good to see a reporter revisit something with clarity and facts.

But is it any more just for us to tar every reporter with the same ugly brush? I don't think so.

Columbine was an extraordinary situation, really the first widescale shooting incident in a peaceful suburb terribly ill-prepared for something that horrendous. It's understandable, hindsight being what it is, that the frenzied desire to find out what had happened and why led to conclusions about the perpetrators' motives that we now know to have been terribly mistaken.
I'm snipping here for this: There are people who still think that they were "bullied loners who snapped." We were talking about this last night cause we're on shut down so it's just us dipshit security guards, and I actually had to tell him (my coworker) that the mass media hysteria surrounding Columbine was wrong. Then I looked at him and went, "Besides, I'm a loner and I didn't kill all the assholes in my school, even though I figured I'd be doing the country a favor by raising the general IQ of our school. I was also highly suicidal with more rage than I can even understand how I contained it." Then again, I can probably attribute it to the fact that he only listens to Fox News. Only. Fox. News.

(23-07-2012 04:40 PM)Her Dotness Wrote:  Even responsible reporters (spare me the tedious argument that that's an oxymoron, please)are also vulnerable people who can be scared out of their wits by what they've happened onto and must attempt to sort out as best they can in the midst of utter chaos what the truth of the situation may be. I think we need to cut the media some slack where unprecedented events such as Columbine are concerned.

I'd say less that it's an oxymoron than it is a rarity (at least in major media outlets), kind of like how common sense isn't that common anymore. When I see reporters go back over their pieces, days/months/weeks/years later I have respect for them, because it means it wasn't just a story, it was something they honestly were involved in, not just another "scoop for ratings" like I've seen on some places. But I didn't mean to paint them all like that. I was more meaning lately like the last several years lately, like the Trayvon Martin case (yes, I'm sorry for bringing it up) where everyone was freaking out about a racist hate crime by some and the other side of the coin was making up things like hoodies being a gang thing (guess I should have looked that up before buying them, huh?) and how he was probably out there casing houses and crap like that. All without knowing the facts, which I doubt we all still know the facts and probably never will. Or even Casey Anthony, that went on for so long people had nothing left to contemplate but that it was a cold-blooded murder (which I agree with, but I'd be open to more facts, either way.)

And yes, I know, people want answers, but jumping to conclusion doesn't do anything and they prove it over and over again, so I'm sincerely suspect of what I read past the facts. (What happened, who was involved) I leave the why and the what the person was like, no matter how soon it comes out until I see the source. Typically if it was a school/classmate I'm suspect because I'm 90% sure that most of my class and school mates don't know who I am because I was always quiet and if he has the loner tag, then it's doubtful that unless it was an actual close friend or a family member that saw them more than just during reunions then I take it with a grain of salt and let things add up a bit more. But I'm always questioning everything, I have to know all the information I can get about something before making my decisions.

(23-07-2012 04:40 PM)Her Dotness Wrote:  That said, it's important to consider that there are people who are just plain evil who cannot be changed. This guy might be a sociopath, a condition that is as near impossible to treat effectively as pedophilia.

So when you say as is so customary anymore, In a way, though, I think it kind of makes the thought of him having something mentally wrong (depression, schizophrenia, bipolar, or the likes) with him. It's sad, because it means he didn't get help he desperately needed and other people paid the consequence. , the frightening reality is that there are people born twisted who can't ever be made right. James Holmes might be one.

I will never forget the dispassionate demeanor of BTK killer Dennis Rader during his televised sentencing hearing when the judge questioned him about how he went about planning and carrying out his murders. Rader spoke of planning whom he would kill next as "identifying my next project." Sometimes, he explained, he would have to abandon a "project" because he had too many demands on his time. That's all these people were to him, like hobbies that he reluctantly had to put aside sometimes when he had too much on his plate. "Projects"????? There's a truly alarming sicko for ya.

Wow...that guy really is crazy. I only vaguely remember that guy, but then I've watched and read so many different things on so many of these guys sometimes I can't remember who I have and haven't read about. And yeah, there's always the possibility that James Holmes is just like that, too. Unfortunately we won't get a glimmer of the truth for a very long time. It just makes me a bit skittish to see people start getting with the mob mentality of brutal slaying of people who killed as if it makes it right to torture a person to death rather than it just making you like the killer. At least that's how I see it.
That and these people I've seen post in other places don't care to know why and dismiss it as "We have enough of them, so we should have everything we need." Except we don't, which is obvious, because this stuff just happens. I think it's almost as bad as when people say "Well as a society we're bored/taught we're animals/don't got no feer of Gawd (hick tone intentional)" then it shows that we as a society don't understand, even if some of us do, enough don't.

And people not questioning things, even if he does turn out to be a straight up unhelpable sociopath, just makes me cringe. I guess that's why I'm glad that despite my mom deciding not to risk becoming a cop when there were a bunch of cop killings going on where we lived when I was a baby, she still brought me up on cop/crime shows, it made me more aware of the fact that some people are sick and need help, and some just don't have the empathy most of us have. But it always makes me question why they did something.

And then I wonder if the reason people don't want to know why is because then they'd have to face their own motives and possibly realize they're not so different in their thinking from the person they're so violently condemning. But I'm rambling...so...sorry for the long response. x_x

I doodle.
A lot.
My cheap commissions.
My humor can also be very perverse, so forgive me if I make sexy fart jokes. :'D
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chaos' Requiem's post
24-07-2012, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2012 07:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Are you fucking kidding me!?
(24-07-2012 02:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  I have an RWS airgun - 1000 fps, deadly for rats and squirrels, not so much for coyotes or groundhogs.

.25 caliber Benjamin air rifle would probably be good enough for a coyote, even if it didn't kill him 'cause you fucked up and missed the kill zone he'd be smart enough not to come back, but fuckin' groundhogs are some tough stubborn sonabitches. Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  You have to be FUCKING kidding me! Hughsie 11 945 19-02-2012 06:44 PM
Last Post: rook2004
  Is the pope fucking serious? MasterRottweiler 5 926 20-08-2011 06:18 AM
Last Post: Filox