Are you guys insane?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
19-04-2012, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 10:50 AM by San Onofre Surfer.)
RE: Are you guys insane?
Hey Egor, remember Tom Spencer's post on your website from last night .... yeah the one that pointed out where Behe was proven wrong, and where, and when.... the one you removed from the comments. Nice. Real nice. You flunked our little test. You fucking fraud.

The angry gods require sacrifice. Now get outside and slay them a goat. Cadet in Terse But Deadly
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like San Onofre Surfer's post
19-04-2012, 10:41 AM
(18-04-2012 03:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-04-2012 02:28 PM)Magoo Wrote:  An 8 page thread because of the forum troll. Egor you've done it again.
Why are you not using the 50 post option?

Im using mobile so I cant see it.
19-04-2012, 12:36 PM
(19-04-2012 10:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-04-2012 07:22 AM)arbmouser Wrote:  What does the anti-evolutionary community mean by "there is no proof of evolution"? Do they want a video recording of an animal or plant actually transforming into something else?
If one can't or won't see the evidence, then there isn't any.
Or if one doesn't accept or understand scientific methodology, then the chain of evidence is opaque or invisible.

Their brains seem to turn off at any level more detailed than pure simplicity.

I think it's like the definition of non compos mentis.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
19-04-2012, 12:58 PM
(16-04-2012 03:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  So where are you guys (atheists) coming from? Why do you put so much stock in evolution. I'd be thinking you'd reject it. Bechased
Why would I reject something that is actively being refined scientifically?
No one ever said Darwin was 100% correct and accurate; plenty of research has been done and Darwin's theories have been modified and refined yet his initial theories are the foundation.

Is evolution linear? No..it seems not. All life changes and adapts to the environment, it's just that some aren't able to adapt fast enough or encounter competition that makes survival for the previous "champion" rather strenuous to the point that the said creature dies out..sometimes totally and sometimes the survivors adopt different methods such as scavenging or whatever.

Science relies on study, observation, research and more observation. The cycle continues and it seeks answers from reality whereas religion discourages thinking and research and demands blind faith and obedience.

Of course one could try to deftly side-step the issue and claim that all they're doing is calling all forces of nature "god"; this is a cute maneuver yet the very term "god" implies a personified entity.

Anyways..even "nature" itself is nothing more than a collection of forces that act both in opposition and "harmony" with one another. No need to sugar coat it or put personified/anthropomorphized faces to it.
Science is the way and it doesn't make it less interesting just because fantasy and myth are removed from the equation.

P.S: My coffee cup needs refilling Drinking Beverage which is why I am rambling.

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.
21-04-2012, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2012 04:20 PM by ShirubaDangan.)
(19-04-2012 07:55 AM)whateverist Wrote:  
(19-04-2012 02:54 AM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  Also, this is with my phone so dismiss any errors and space issues it is rather annoying with spellcheck. I still read and hope to reply to some other topics. I hope to have more free time.

Get out of here! You typed and posted all of this on a phone?! Kudos to you sir, kudos I say.

Believe me, it was far from quick. Its a pain trying to copy links and getting them to work effectively on here. I find it miraculous that I was able to make it work but it seems like miracles always happen too mundane things like toast and fish sticks and never too horrific tragedies. (You may argue that a baby surviving a tornado is miraculous but I will argue that it had much more to do with luck rather than something supernatural. If you consider it a miracle that hundreds of people died and only an infant survived. I will find that very strange.)

[Image: _40534689_toastie-afp203.jpg] [Image: 3.jpg]
Some of God's miracles in modern time which are by far greater than flooding the world or creating the universe.

(19-04-2012 07:55 AM)whateverist Wrote:  Lots of good points too by the way. I quite understand your finding no room for God in your world. Frankly the god of the bible isn't one I would want around anyway. (I liked your comparison of the Christian vision of an afterlife to slavery; the house niggas go to heaven, the rest of us work in the field .. of fire apparently.)

The greatest role God has ever played in our world is one of a weapon. It is what deeply worries me and is why I'm strongly against religion. The insanity, stupidity, and deep blindness it has caused is one of the worst tragedies against humankind.

I'm glad you like my comparison with Christianity and slavery. It isn't much different with how it needs more and more members(Slaves) and binds them with chains of fear with hell fire and brimstone if they don't do something outrageous for God.

(19-04-2012 07:55 AM)whateverist Wrote:  Admittedly one could read between the lines and assume the entire bible is the hodgepodge there is every reason to believe it to be. Then one could infer a God which we might rightly be sad never to meet. I was saddened to realize that the God I'd spent the first 10 years of my life trying to be worthy of, probably just wasn't there. I'm over it, how about you?

I would never like to meet the God of the bible. He is one of the worst antagonists in history and has caused so much chaos it is a bit ridiculous people worship something that violent. A being that slaughtered infants, supported slavery, and raped women should be far from worshiped. I was a bit shocked at my realization and studied other deities and religions but arrived at the same conclusion. That in the beginning, Man created God and a majority of people seem to hold onto this belief simply because they fear death, were indoctrinated or just never questioned. I refused to remain blind and now I demand answers and not excuses. Which all humans should.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
21-04-2012, 04:26 PM

(19-04-2012 10:29 AM)San Onofre Surfer Wrote:  Hey Egor, remember Tom Spencer's post on your website from last night .... yeah the one that pointed out where Behe was proven wrong, and where, and when.... the one you removed from the comments. Nice. Real nice. You flunked our little test. You fucking fraud.

I love it. You claim something that can't be proven. I can say I didn't remove any posts, and I didn't. But how could I prove that? You can make the assertion, but I can't disprove the assertion.

But I don't think most people consider me a liar. A lunatic, delusional, megalomaniac...wrong, but no one thinks I'm a liar. The fact is I never removed any posts last night. Why would I? I want it to look like I have as many posts as possible.
And I notice this "Tom" doesn't repost it here where even if I wanted to, I can't do anything about it.
Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2012, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2012 05:33 PM by MasterRottweiler.)
Le sigh...

I think PZ Myers illustrates perfectly how IDiots fail when they think natural processes equals to "random chance".

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like MasterRottweiler's post
21-04-2012, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2012 06:44 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I suppose I shouldn't do this, but I was trying to see where the Igor was going with all this.

"Yes master"...it's true. Paramecium can THINK. It's ALIVE!! It's ALIVE !!

From the Veridican, Egor's web site, today ... :

"I find experts, you find experts the experts disagree and dispute. Even Einstein is disputed as are every theory in quantum physics. For every bit or research there is another researcher who says it ain’t so. But I’ve done my own research. I’ve studied the consciousness of paramecium with my own equipment. I’ve had three significant precognitive dreams, so unlike you, I know first hand.

Nevertheless, I’ll read the article you linked to, and because the experts disagree, I will come to my own conclusion based on my own rationality. You will have to just trust what others say.

pssst...someone get out the net, and the straight jacket. Are we insane ? Maybe, but this one is certifiable. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
21-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Michael Behe? The Micahel Behe from the Dover who was made to look like and idiot on the stand? The Michael Behe of irreducible complexity who is just plain wrong?

Others here are much more qualified to speak to the technical aspects of evolution than I but his arguments do not seem to hold water.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
21-04-2012, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2012 06:42 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-04-2012 06:25 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Michael Behe? The Micahel Behe from the Dover who was made to look like and idiot on the stand? The Michael Behe of irreducible complexity who is just plain wrong?

Others here are much more qualified to speak to the technical aspects of evolution than I but his arguments do not seem to hold water.

Yeah, THAT Behe. The one who made a fool of himself in Dover. The one who is so ashamed of his "oopsy", that he won't talk about it, or answer the phone, the Behe, who was totally rebuffed in Nature Magazine. THAT Behe.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post