Are you guys insane?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
21-04-2012, 07:10 PM
RE: Are you guys insane?
(21-04-2012 06:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I suppose I shouldn't do this, but I was trying to see where the Igor was going with all this.

"Yes master"...it's true. Paramecium can THINK. It's ALIVE!! It's ALIVE !!

From the Veridican, Egor's web site, today ... :

"I find experts, you find experts the experts disagree and dispute. Even Einstein is disputed as are every theory in quantum physics. For every bit or research there is another researcher who says it ain’t so. But I’ve done my own research. I’ve studied the consciousness of paramecium with my own equipment. I’ve had three significant precognitive dreams, so unlike you, I know first hand.

Nevertheless, I’ll read the article you linked to, and because the experts disagree, I will come to my own conclusion based on my own rationality. You will have to just trust what others say.

pssst...someone get out the net, and the straight jacket. Are we insane ? Maybe, but this one is certifiable. Weeping
You have a totally amazing imagination. Bowing

You made this up, right? Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2012, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 01:39 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-04-2012 07:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  You have a totally amazing imagination. Bowing

I wish. Ya can't make this shit up. Weeping

http://www.veridican.com/2012/04/15/the-...omment-116

For a tour of ACME Protozoa, click the link Smile
[attachment=571]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
21-04-2012, 07:31 PM
(21-04-2012 07:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-04-2012 07:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  You have a totally amazing imagination. Bowing

I wish. Ya can't make this shit up. Weeping

http://www.veridican.com/2012/04/15/the-...omment-116
Oh. my. Sadcryface

Consciousness. In paramacium (sic). With his own equipment. I breathlessly await his publication.

Hey, Egor you dolt, the plural is 'paramecia'.

21-04-2012, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 08:43 AM by Bucky Ball.)
We are actually quite sub-optimally "designed". In 50 years, there will be nano-bots to fix some of those "design" flaws. Tongue

http://www.ted.com/talks/ray_kurzweil_on...rm_us.html

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
22-04-2012, 02:54 AM

I thought I went over paramecium consciousness in this forum already. Well, maybe later.
Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2012, 04:32 AM
Ahh, I think you misread the first line of the wikipedia article. It doesn't say Paramecium is a genius of unicellular ciliate protozoa. It says "genus". I have friends who have similar problems with the gen(i)us edition of trivial pursuit.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
22-04-2012, 05:37 AM
(22-04-2012 02:54 AM)Egor Wrote:  I thought I went over paramecium consciousness in this forum already. Well, maybe later.
Since paramecia are unicellular, consciousness like that of the brain is not possible. Consciousness emerges from interconnection.

22-04-2012, 05:42 AM

Chas, you don't know what you're talking about. All you're doing is spouting someone else's speculation.
Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2012, 06:15 AM
(22-04-2012 05:42 AM)Egor Wrote:  Chas, you don't know what you're talking about. All you're doing is spouting someone else's speculation.
There you go again. Instead of addressing the point, you engage in personal attack.

22-04-2012, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 06:47 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-04-2012 06:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  Chas, you don't know what you're talking about. All you're doing is spouting someone else's speculation.

There you go again. Instead of addressing the point, you engage in personal attack.
[/quote]

Yeah, Chas. This coming from someone who's telling you that Paramecia can think. What is wrong with you ?
We can fit you in for testing at ACME Protozoa, but only if you have health insurance.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post