Are you guys insane?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
27-04-2012, 02:20 PM
RE: Are you guys insane?
Thanks for the reply, Bucky Ball. The total chaos of nature boggles the mind. BTW, anyone who's interested in a great read about chaos and random occurrence should check out "Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in the Markets and in Life." It's a great insight into how we project meaning onto what are often meaningless events.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2012, 02:35 PM
(27-04-2012 02:04 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(27-04-2012 12:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Such ... breathtaking ... profundity.

Thank you.

Why no. Thank YOU, (for staying so totally true to form, and proving, yet again, everything that was just said). Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
27-04-2012, 05:14 PM
(27-04-2012 11:48 AM)Egor Wrote:  Seriously, I think you have some weird issues given the photos of yourself...

What, like this one?

[Image: elleny_086.JPG]

Funny story.... you know how that shit ended up on the internet? Because I'm a prophet of god. There wasn't gonna be no secrets this time around. So I started a myspace and posted a bunch of these... t'was the will of god. True to form, in four years but two peeps took issue - two Christian peeps.

Gwyneth too, the will of god. How so? Because, fucktard, homo sapiens cannot appreciate the immensity of god. I cried like a bitch, thinking to use my Gwynnies in such a manner. I got over it. Now, it's atheism, Gwynnite, and love is void. I don't need a book, I need a fucking sentence. Asshole. Big Grin

It is becoming obvious that in carrying a message of god you wish to uphold the tradition of being a messenger who is worshiped. I ask you, superhero, what kinda god does not speak to those who push shopping carts? Who eat out of dumpsters and live in cardboard boxes? That ain't god, that's church, for the elite.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
27-04-2012, 05:37 PM
(27-04-2012 02:20 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Thanks for the reply, Bucky Ball. The total chaos of nature boggles the mind. BTW, anyone who's interested in a great read about chaos and random occurrence should check out "Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in the Markets and in Life." It's a great insight into how we project meaning onto what are often meaningless events.

Sounds great. Even before being the "tool using monkey", we are the "pattern seeking monkey", which helps us figure out how to make the tools. I will read it !

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
27-04-2012, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2012 05:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-04-2012 11:48 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(27-04-2012 06:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  And if one writes merely to respond to the narrow focus of a single poster, one is surely likely to feel marginalized when said poster does not reply. I write for myself - get some complaints about comprehensibility - but there ain't no co-dependency/validation issues. Tongue

House, I think you're insane. That's why I don't respond to you more often. ... I'm not a psychiatrist, so I don't know what's wrong with you, but I find you are best just avoided--like a person pushing a shopping cart down the street.

Shit Egor, that's exactly what I think of you.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-04-2012, 07:03 PM
(27-04-2012 02:04 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(27-04-2012 12:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Such ... breathtaking ... profundity.

Thank you.
Like a true theist, selective reading.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
29-04-2012, 12:26 AM
(27-04-2012 07:03 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(27-04-2012 02:04 PM)Egor Wrote:  Thank you.
Like a true theist, selective reading.

You mean "selective thinking."

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
29-04-2012, 02:03 PM

I love your signature:
"Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people."

Because you act like I don't understand evolution and yet this is the quote that warms your heart. Your bio says you're a grad student in paleobiology. Do paleobiologists actually believe that hydrogen has the properties of evolution toward human beings inherent in it's structure?
I thought evolution had no predefined goal. But you're the paleobiologist--school me.
Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Hydrogen does demonstrably turn into people, but it takes a little bit of space and about 13 billion years to to so.
29-04-2012, 08:43 PM
(29-04-2012 02:03 PM)Egor Wrote:  I love your signature:
"Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people."

Because you act like I don't understand evolution and yet this is the quote that warms your heart. Your bio says you're a grad student in paleobiology. Do paleobiologists actually believe that hydrogen has the properties of evolution toward human beings inherent in it's structure?
I thought evolution had no predefined goal. But you're the paleobiologist--school me.
Are you intentionally reading something into a light, amusing quip that's simply not there?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post