Are you guys insane?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
16-04-2012, 10:45 AM
RE: Are you guys insane?
Repeat after me:

Egor, eat a dick.

There we go. All better. Besides, no one goes on about nuttin' like I go on about my Gwynnies. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
16-04-2012, 11:00 AM
"Are you guys insane?" asks the man who claims to get personal instruction from his god. Just ponder that statement.

So the loon is reading Behe. What are the chances that he has picked up any of Dawkins materials and actually read them?
Find all posts by this user
16-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Oh, we already know the OP is insane. That isn't up for debate.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
16-04-2012, 12:05 PM
NoahsFarce, that ain't ban worthy round these parts. Our rules are different than most forums. You'll get used to it, and perhaps even learn to like it, maybe even love it. And there's a tiny chance you'll start to worship it, and it will become your new religion.

I propose a new forum section. A "bitch about Egor" section, so all the complaints about our poor, lost, delusional member can be moved there. Then our newer members can be pointed to it and see why our friend Egor is still here without muckin up threads.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
16-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Modern testable scientific data vs 2000 year old ancient writings about man being made from mud. I'll take the former

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
16-04-2012, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2012 01:16 PM by whateverist.)
(16-04-2012 03:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  I’m reading a book by Michael Behe called The Edge of Evolution and he shows in a plain, prima facie, mathematically necessary way that evolution of species is impossible in the strict Darwinian way.

Chaotic chance mutations driven by natural selection just won’t produce even simple changes in a species in the time the universe has existed, much less will it change a fish into a bird or a monkey into a human. Not on it’s own, not without designed input.

So where are you guys (atheists) coming from? Why do you put so much stock in evolution.
I can't believe you consider the matter settled because you've found one book where there is someone bat-shit crazy enough to actually agree with you. Believe it or not there are actually a couple books out there which disagree with you that are written by real science-doing people rather than bible-apologists. When it comes to science, what seems prima facie obvious to bible-apologists actually carries very little weight with scientists .. approaching zero in fact.

But if you like prima facie arguments, I've got one for you. The reason that creationism isn't really science is that it isn't about natural causes. If it turns out that you're right and in fact the world and everything in it was just blinked into existence by your favorite genie .. guess what. Then there could be no science explanation for creation. We would instead have a theological explanation. I assume you agree that science can't hope to explain just how God blinks stuff into existence, right? Then creationism can't be about science.

What you and your ilk should be arguing is that science cannot explain the mysterious ways in which God works. Do you mind if we go ahead trying to understand the universe as if it had natural causes? I mean, we don't mind if you keep your head planted deep up your own ass if you want to. So do you think you could just let us try it our way while you all just go on grooving on how wondrous and fine God's handiwork really is? If your kids come home talking science, just wash their mouths out with soap and push their heads right back up their ass in the Christian manner.

[Image: rSJ3y4]
16-04-2012, 01:19 PM
If we made that thread where would we put it? We could add a link to the rules or a big banner on the intros section hahah.

I fear though it wouldn't make a lick of difference.

As for the OQ, fuck yes I'm insane. So are you.

The difference is my sanity is meager in comparison to yours.

My brain looks at all there is to see. The trees, the sun, the vastness of space, and it can't fathom how or why. So my brain goes step by step. First I learn to understand the how and when that happens I start to question why. Deep down inside of me I know that I will never find the ultimate answers to the ultimate questions, hell I'm even pretty sure there is NO ultimate question, period... But to keep myself functioning my brain creates reasons to continue. Love, entertainment, the sense of accomplishment, whatever it may be there is always a reason for me to continue.

Your brain starts the same, but starts filling in gaps with god. It can't accept gaps, it can't accept the unknown or unknowable. Or it breaks. So every time you encounter something that you can't immediately answer or something that doesn't have an easy answer your brain takes control and steer you to god. The big problem with your form of insanity is that you have so much invested in it. So if something comes along with the obvious answer but something associated with god has already answered that question for you your brain takes over again and starts firing cannon balls at the new answer.
If somehow it was proven to you that there was literally no point to existence and that everything you did had zero meaning, there was no afterlife, there was no god, when you die that's it. I think you'd break into a thousand tiny little insane gibbering pieces. You'd either be the guy who stands out in the street with a jesus is lord sandwich board shouting about the end times or you'd kill yourself.

Me I'd just kind of be like... whatever. I'm going to go love my family some more. Enjoy the sunshine and maybe have a nap. My functionality doesn't rely on having the answer.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like lucradis's post
16-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Oh, I see he isn't actually interested in conversing about the content of his post. He is sort of like a kid reaching a stick between the slats of a fence in order to irritate the dogs (us) on the other side. Then he just runs away squeeling with laughter. My bad.

[Image: rSJ3y4]
[+] 1 user Likes whateverist's post
16-04-2012, 01:35 PM
(16-04-2012 03:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  in the time the universe has existed

Question. How long do you think the universe has existed? Because if you're a YEC then I agree that it is impossible for us to have evolved this much in such a short time span.

Not that it really matters one way or the other...

Quote:Chaotic chance mutations driven by natural selection...

much less will it change a fish into a bird or a monkey into a human. Not on it’s own, not without designed input.

...because you clearly don't understand what evolution is in the first place. Setting up a flawed and inaccurate premise to more easily knock it down.

I do believe it's getting difficult to walk in your forums with all the straw laying around.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
16-04-2012, 01:37 PM
(16-04-2012 01:27 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Oh, I see he isn't actually interested in conversing about the content of his post. He is sort of like a kid reaching a stick between the slats of a fence in order to irritate the dogs (us) on the other side. Then he just runs away squeeling with laughter. My bad.
Sorta. Sometimes he jumps the fence, torments the dogs, and then runs off. He's different than me. I jumped the fence and set up camp.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post