Are you guys insane?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
16-04-2012, 01:42 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2012 03:28 PM by Stevil.)
RE: Are you guys insane?
(16-04-2012 03:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  So where are you guys (atheists) coming from? Why do you put so much stock in evolution. I'd be thinking you'd reject it.
There is no requirement for an atheist to believe in evolution.
Unlike theism, we do not have certain things that are a "must" believe, we don't even have to be philosophically consistent.

The only requirement for atheism is to lack a belief in god/s.

You tell us about how wonderful your god is and how much you love it, we say "Meh"
You tell us about the upcoming Alien movie directed by Ridley Scott, we say "Awesome, can't wait!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
16-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Oh Egor.

Thanks for the laugh you crazy nutbag. Seriously how many times do people have to point out your crazy to you before your going to seek help.

If your trying to dismiss science then you may wish to read up on the scientific method and especially a process called peer review.

Before you shove a single book or scientist in our face as proof you may wish to check to make sure he has been peer reviewed.
16-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Oh look! He found one piece of faulty evidence against evolution! That must mean it's false! Yet he fails to take into account all the evidence against christianity.

Egor if you're going to "try" and use evidence, I suggest you look at both side moron.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
16-04-2012, 03:29 PM
I now realise that Egor is really just one big troll. I feel so stupid for believing that he was serious. I just thought he was a bit dillusional.
16-04-2012, 03:53 PM
(16-04-2012 03:29 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I now realise that Egor is really just one big troll. I feel so stupid for believing that he was serious. I just thought he was a bit dillusional.
Don't feel bad, there's a strangely paradoxical likeness between the truly batshit religious and truly opossumpoo trolls.
16-04-2012, 04:12 PM
(16-04-2012 03:29 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I now realise that Egor is really just one big troll. I feel so stupid for believing that he was serious. I just thought he was a bit dillusional.
Yeah dude, only a troll would come into an atheist forum looking to pick a fight. That is so unchristlike....the only thing I hate more than organized religion is the hypocritical droves of people who claim to be living by the words on the WWJD bracelet.

publius2k4

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
[Image: tumblr_lvj8iyIABB1r2fzujo1_500.gif]
16-04-2012, 04:26 PM
(16-04-2012 01:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(16-04-2012 01:27 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Oh, I see he isn't actually interested in conversing about the content of his post. He is sort of like a kid reaching a stick between the slats of a fence in order to irritate the dogs (us) on the other side. Then he just runs away squeeling with laughter. My bad.
Sorta. Sometimes he jumps the fence, torments the dogs, and then runs off. He's different than me. I jumped the fence and set up camp.
Well that is a lot better. But I've left you a few serious questions on your ask-atheist thread that have gone unanswered so far. I see you get a lot of traffic on that one so I can understand the delay. Looking forward to your response though.

[Image: rSJ3y4]
16-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Insanity confers an evolutionary advantage. Only way to explain my procreation and ongoing survival.

(16-04-2012 01:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(16-04-2012 01:27 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Oh, I see he isn't actually interested in conversing about the content of his post. He is sort of like a kid reaching a stick between the slats of a fence in order to irritate the dogs (us) on the other side. Then he just runs away squeeling with laughter. My bad.
Sorta. Sometimes he jumps the fence, torments the dogs, and then runs off. He's different than me. I jumped the fence and set up camp.

Yeah, but you're just testing out Daniel 6 'cause deep down you're insecure about your electability. When you've decided the lions aren't gonna eat you you're gonna have to find a huge fish to camp out in the belly of for 3 days and nights next. 'Course what you may fail to realize is that the reason the lions won't eat you is 'cause they're carnivores and you look and smell like a plant. Might not get as lucky with the fish. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-04-2012, 07:14 PM
(16-04-2012 01:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Sorta. Sometimes he jumps the fence, torments the dogs, and then runs off. He's different than me. I jumped the fence and set up camp.

Osmosis can be berry berry good for you. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
16-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Darwin...
Why are you still kicking a dead horse? Its 2012 - pick somebody from this fucking year. Also, Darwin didn't focus on Evolution - a lot of his works was The Survival of the Fittest. Ironically his book never used the word evolution.

We know more than Darwin could ever dream about - you're probally right on some level - Darwin's idea of evolution is wrong on some points, however evolution which science knows today has been proven to be accurate and true.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.