Are you guys insane?

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
17-04-2012, 08:14 AM
RE: Are you guys insane?
(17-04-2012 08:10 AM)Filox Wrote:  Jesus Christ in Haven! Egor posts one sentence, you spamers evolve that into 4 pages of ranting about Egor, then you accuse HIM of being a spamer? Are you niggas cereal? Fo' real? WTF? Haaalloooo!?

Egor, just ignore then. What I find great are the little things these poor bastards will never see. For example I saw that you have started to accept evolution, so that means you probably do not believe in Young Earth anymore? If that is the fact, that is great news, you are making progress and learning new things and I applaud you on that. Bravo my good sir, bravo. You are a proof of evolution, you are evolving on this forum as we speak.

Tongue
Spam not lest thee be spam.

[Image: rSJ3y4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2012, 09:29 AM

For the record, I've always believed in evolution and I've never been a YEC. Evolution at the molecular level shows incredible evidence for design, especially when that evidence is combined with the obviousness of irreducible complexity.
Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2012, 09:40 AM
(16-04-2012 10:46 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(16-04-2012 01:27 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Oh, I see he isn't actually interested in conversing about the content of his post. He is sort of like a kid reaching a stick between the slats of a fence in order to irritate the dogs (us) on the other side. Then he just runs away squeeling with laughter. My bad.

First off, this is not a chat room. I don’t have to post and stay on my computer and answer each reply as it comes up. Believe it or not I do work and sleep as well. And sometimes I even take a break from the computer. So, please don’t accuse me of hitting and running. Second, below are the only posts worth responding to in all the four pages of responses generated in less than 24 hours. So, why should I stay glued to respond? Most of the posts I won’t respond to anyway.
Having said that…

(16-04-2012 03:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Let me get this straight. You put faith in Behe's crack-pottery to show you the necessity of god-driven evolution - and we're the insane ones?
How quaint. Lost in the holodeck of your very own Enterprise. Big Grin

But you haven’t even read his book, have you? He talks at length about the failure of malaria to evolve into a more complex organism. But that doesn’t matter. He fully supports evolution; he simply shows that the odds of chaotic chance producing the mutations necessary for an organism to survive are so miniscule there simply isn’t enough time in the universe so far to account for it—statistically speaking. Having a math background, I kind of know what he means.

I’m not arguing against evolution. I firmly believe in mutation, natural selection and common descent. But it can’t happen without a designing input.

(16-04-2012 03:50 AM)robotworld Wrote:  The last time I checked, natural selection is the very opposite of chance.
Then you must believe in God. Besides, the chance is in the mutation, not in natural selection.

(16-04-2012 10:11 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  God, when will this troll be banned. It's very obvious he's a troll from all his is ignorant, outlandish threads.
Translated: If we don’t ban him, he’s going to make us all look like fools for being atheist!

(16-04-2012 01:11 PM)whateverist Wrote:  I can't believe you consider the matter settled because you've found one book where there is someone bat-shit crazy enough to actually agree with you. Believe it or not there are actually a couple books out there which disagree with you that are written by real science-doing people rather than bible-apologists. When it comes to science, what seems prima facie obvious to bible-apologists actually carries very little weight with scientists .. approaching zero in fact.

You don’t even know what you’re talking about. I’m not going to argue Behe’s credentials with you. You look them up. And I’m not going to argue with someone who hasn’t even read the book.

Quote:But if you like prima facie arguments, I've got one for you. The reason that creationism isn't really science is that it isn't about natural causes. If it turns out that you're right and in fact the world and everything in it was just blinked into existence by your favorite genie .. guess what. Then there could be no science explanation for creation. We would instead have a theological explanation. I assume you agree that science can't hope to explain just how God blinks stuff into existence, right? Then creationism can't be about science.

You’re all adamant, like you just figured that out. And for the record, there is no scientific explanation for creation. None. Nothing. So, I guess that means, by your reasoning, that God exists.

Quote:What you and your ilk should be arguing is that science cannot explain the mysterious ways in which God works. Do you mind if we go ahead trying to understand the universe as if it had natural causes?

Apparently, you can do whatever you want. But if you think natural selection can give us the world we have with chaotic mutation, then you simply don’t understand the statistical math. You just don’t get it.

Now I get that you don’t want God to exist, so I understand that you have to desperately make up any BS you can in order to rule out God, but in the end you won’t be able to do it. Cosmology won’t discover how the universe came to exist. Abiogenesis will not discover how life began. And neurology will never explain consciousness, because you’re right, those things don’t have “natural” explanations.

(16-04-2012 01:19 PM)lucradis Wrote:  If we made that thread where would we put it? We could add a link to the rules or a big banner on the intros section hahah.

Changing the rules again, Lucradis? Did I bring up yet another topic your atheists just can’t handle?

Quote:My brain looks at all there is to see. The trees, the sun, the vastness of space, and it can't fathom how or why. So my brain goes step by step. First I learn to understand the how and when that happens I start to question why. Deep down inside of me I know that I will never find the ultimate answers to the ultimate questions, hell I'm even pretty sure there is NO ultimate question, period...

Then may I suggest you stay out of the conversation? I mean, if you have nothing to add…

Quote:But to keep myself functioning my brain creates reasons to continue. Love, entertainment, the sense of accomplishment, whatever it may be there is always a reason for me to continue.

What a sad existence.

Quote:Your brain starts the same, but starts filling in gaps with god. It can't accept gaps, it can't accept the unknown or unknowable. Or it breaks. So every time you encounter something that you can't immediately answer or something that doesn't have an easy answer your brain takes control and steer you to god. The big problem with your form of insanity is that you have so much invested in it. So if something comes along with the obvious answer but something associated with god has already answered that question for you your brain takes over again and starts firing cannon balls at the new answer.

What fucking new answer, Lucardis? I believe in evolution. I’ll bet I believe in it even more than you. I’m telling you that the observations of nature and the understanding of chance and probability make even the simplest evolutionary changes based on chaotic mutation unlikely in the length of time the universe, much less the world, has existed. I’m saying, as Behe has written about, that we have to start looking at the obvious intent that has driven the evolution of life on our planet. And I don’t care if biology as we know it can’t provide the answers. If it can’t, then I’ll look to anything that will. Hell, is there a course in bio-astrology? I’ll look there. The difference between you and me is that you won’t look there. You have to have a universe with no God in it.

The reason I say you’re crazy is because you’re embracing evolution without understanding that it’s an argument for the existence of God.

Quote:If somehow it was proven to you that there was literally no point to existence and that everything you did had zero meaning, there was no afterlife, there was no god, when you die that's it. I think you'd break into a thousand tiny little insane gibbering pieces. You'd either be the guy who stands out in the street with a jesus is lord sandwich board shouting about the end times or you'd kill yourself.

I think it would be a little worse than that, but in general, yes, I think you’re right about that. I am not wired to live in a world that is God-less.

Ironically, in heaven God is even less apparent than He is in this life. But that’s another discussion.

Quote:Me I'd just kind of be like... whatever. I'm going to go love my family some more. Enjoy the sunshine and maybe have a nap. My functionality doesn't rely on having the answer.

Until it really began to sink in. Right now, atheist or not, you live with at least the possibility that God exists. If we knew that wasn’t the case, over time, that family would come to mean nothing more to you than the dirt on the ground. Eventually, you’d feel the same way about yourself, and I’ll bet you’d join me in a little trip to the Hale-Bopp comet.

In fact, if you were right. Ultimately, humanity would die off. If you don’t believe me then you simply don’t understand how human beings are wired.

(16-04-2012 01:35 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Question. How long do you think the universe has existed?

13.7 billion years.

Quote:Because if you're a YEC then I agree that it is impossible for us to have evolved this much in such a short time span.

There is no conceivable way that chance mutations would take us from a strand of abiogenesisly created RNA to a human being in 13.7 billion years. Assuming the earth is that old, and it’s probably only about 4.5 billion years old. These are not universally large numbers. What is a universally large number is the amount of years that a change in a species that would require even a two-step chance mutation would require in order for that to happen.

Quote:...because you clearly don't understand what evolution is in the first place.

Don’t even start that shit with me.

(16-04-2012 09:32 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Darwin...
Why are you still kicking a dead horse? Its 2012 - pick somebody from this fucking year.

So evolution doesn't mean mutation, natural selection and common descent?

Quote:We know more than Darwin could ever dream about - you're probally right on some level - Darwin's idea of evolution is wrong on some points, however evolution which science knows today has been proven to be accurate and true.

Great. I believe in evolution. So who's kicking the dead horse? You, I think.
You make a lot of assumptions Egor.

That's sort of one of your modus operandi. I'll let it slip since your attitude is so great.

I'm not even going to bother rehashing why you're wrong about me, it's always been apparent to me that you read what you want and see what you want in every sentence anyone has ever written. And you do it with such antagonism it's almost comical.

One thing that would be nice though, would be if you stop presuming that just because we don't believe your assumptions that makes us wrong. You jump to conclusions based on who the fuck knows. Don't assume that because we don't do that you are somehow more knowing than us. It's usually the opposite. Because we base our knowledge on facts and evidence whereas you only do when it's convenient. That makes you less knowledgeable.

Also I didn't give you attitude so don't give me attitude.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
17-04-2012, 09:52 AM
(17-04-2012 09:29 AM)Egor Wrote:  For the record, I've always believed in evolution and I've never been a YEC. Evolution at the molecular level shows incredible evidence for design, especially when that evidence is combined with the obviousness of irreducible complexity.
"Obviousness of irreducible complexity"

THAT'S IT! EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE THAT YOU ARE A TROLL.

[Image: jesus_troll_face_by_kingsidorak-d4qjc58.png]
[+] 2 users Like NoahsFarce's post
17-04-2012, 10:41 AM

(17-04-2012 09:40 AM)lucradis Wrote:  You make a lot of assumptions Egor.

That's sort of one of your modus operandi. I'll let it slip since your attitude is so great.

I'm not even going to bother rehashing why you're wrong about me, it's always been apparent to me that you read what you want and see what you want in every sentence anyone has ever written. And you do it with such antagonism it's almost comical.

One thing that would be nice though, would be if you stop presuming that just because we don't believe your assumptions that makes us wrong. You jump to conclusions based on who the fuck knows. Don't assume that because we don't do that you are somehow more knowing than us. It's usually the opposite. Because we base our knowledge on facts and evidence whereas you only do when it's convenient. That makes you less knowledgeable.

First off, will you please delete the clown. It freaks me right the fuck out. I've never been so close to psychosis as when I stare at that clown for, I don't know...30 or 40 minutes.

Quote:One thing that would be nice though, would be if you stop presuming that just because we don't believe your assumptions that makes us wrong. You jump to conclusions based on who the fuck knows. Don't assume that because we don't do that you are somehow more knowing than us. It's usually the opposite. Because we base our knowledge on facts and evidence whereas you only do when it's convenient. That makes you less knowledgeable.

We really do need a smiley of a pot calling a kettle black.

Quote:Also I didn't give you attitude so don't give me attitude.

I'm sorry. Weeping
17-04-2012, 10:45 AM
(17-04-2012 09:52 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  
(17-04-2012 09:29 AM)Egor Wrote:  For the record, I've always believed in evolution and I've never been a YEC. Evolution at the molecular level shows incredible evidence for design, especially when that evidence is combined with the obviousness of irreducible complexity.
"Obviousness of irreducible complexity"

THAT'S IT! EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE THAT YOU ARE A TROLL.

[Image: jesus_troll_face_by_kingsidorak-d4qjc58.png]

Lol at the Jesus Troll Face!! Lecture_preist

publius2k4

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
[Image: tumblr_lvj8iyIABB1r2fzujo1_500.gif]
17-04-2012, 10:59 AM
(17-04-2012 10:41 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(17-04-2012 09:40 AM)lucradis Wrote:  You make a lot of assumptions Egor.

First off, will you please delete the clown. It freaks me right the fuck out. I've never been so close to psychosis as when I stare at that clown for, I don't know...30 or 40 minutes.

Quote:One thing that would be nice though, would be if you stop presuming that just because we don't believe your assumptions that makes us wrong. You jump to conclusions based on who the fuck knows. Don't assume that because we don't do that you are somehow more knowing than us. It's usually the opposite. Because we base our knowledge on facts and evidence whereas you only do when it's convenient. That makes you less knowledgeable.

We really do need a smiley of a pot calling a kettle black.

Quote:Also I didn't give you attitude so don't give me attitude.

I'm sorry. Weeping
Will this suffice?

[Image: Edward%2005222011b.JPG]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
17-04-2012, 12:29 PM

I guess so.
[+] 2 users Like Egor's post
17-04-2012, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2012 01:44 PM by Bucky Ball.)
As you can see, he is unable to even begin to answer the math and science questions. Waiting .....
You were wrong about being a Christian, maybe you're wrong about the Veri-dick-an stuff.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
17-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote: So evolution doesn't mean mutation, natural selection and common descent?

It does, however we have a better grasp on how it works than Darwin did. So please, if you're going to poke holes in something, do it from a expert from this year.

[video=youtube]v=lEQNIof1KGk[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEQNIof1KGk
A small documentary that goes over some of the things Darwin never knew.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.