Are you in a red state or blue state?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2016, 04:14 PM
Are you in a red state or blue state?
This question is for US citizens.

If you live in a blue state, do you think nullification will become a real possibility?

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2016, 04:16 PM
RE: Are you in a red state or blue state?
Yes, and maybe.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-11-2016, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2016 10:37 PM by Bucky Ball.)
He's already "nullified". His non-election (except maybe by the Electors) was the dying gasp of the old order. NOT ONE Fortune 500 company contributed to his election campaign. He's simply out of touch with mainstream American culture.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-11-2016, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "nullification", but I'm in a borderline state. Wisconsin has always been considered a blue state, and has voted Democratic in Presidential elections since 1984. Last Tuesday, they not only voted for Trump, they also voted to return a Republican to the Senate. On the electoral map the day after the election, Wisconsin was showing red. We also have a Republican governor who has survived two recalls, and then won re-election in the regular election, and both houses of our state legislature are overwhelmingly Republican. I would say we are now a red state. For what it's worth, I live in one of the few blue counties (Dane, which contains Madison) in that state.
11-11-2016, 04:25 PM
Currently I’m in a Censored State of Denial.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
11-11-2016, 04:29 PM
(11-11-2016 04:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He's already "nullified". His non-election (except maybe by the Electors) was the dying gasp of the old older. NOT ONE Fortune 500 company contributed to his election campaign. He's simply out of touch with mainstream American culture.

I agree!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-11-2016, 04:41 PM
I live in Kansas...

Someone re-elected our governor who has raped our state financially and is trying to do the same to our culture. We also have the distinction of spawning the repugnance known as Kris Kobach. He is currently of counsel with the Immigration Law Reform Institute which is the legal arm of the Federation for American Immigration Reform, a designated hate-group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Both of these insidious monsters have been anointed to positions within the new regime of President Chump. I am just too close to this stench to be able to catch a whiff of any rational air coming off the situation - be it nullification or just waking from a silly, dreadful nightmare.
When my state was a territory, it was referred to as Bleeding Kansas. Many of us continue to refer to it this way ... for just too many fucking reasons to name.

Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
11-11-2016, 04:55 PM
I live in a blue county. (St. Louis)

I think Trump will either kill the GOP or make them clean up their act.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2016, 04:56 PM
(11-11-2016 04:23 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm not sure what you mean by "nullification", but I'm in a borderline state. Wisconsin has always been considered a blue state, and has voted Democratic in Presidential elections since 1984. Last Tuesday, they not only voted for Trump, they also voted to return a Republican to the Senate. On the electoral map the day after the election, Wisconsin was showing red. We also have a Republican governor who has survived two recalls, and then won re-election in the regular election, and both houses of our state legislature are overwhelmingly Republican. I would say we are now a red state. For what it's worth, I live in one of the few blue counties (Dane, which contains Madison) in that state.

Nullification refers to a state's rejection of a federal law or mandate and pass laws that supersede them.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
11-11-2016, 05:03 PM
(11-11-2016 04:56 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 04:23 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm not sure what you mean by "nullification", but I'm in a borderline state. Wisconsin has always been considered a blue state, and has voted Democratic in Presidential elections since 1984. Last Tuesday, they not only voted for Trump, they also voted to return a Republican to the Senate. On the electoral map the day after the election, Wisconsin was showing red. We also have a Republican governor who has survived two recalls, and then won re-election in the regular election, and both houses of our state legislature are overwhelmingly Republican. I would say we are now a red state. For what it's worth, I live in one of the few blue counties (Dane, which contains Madison) in that state.

Nullification refers to a state's rejection of a federal law or mandate and pass laws that supersede them.

Recent history says that my state is likely to go right along with anything Trump and the Republicans want to do. Our state government (Republican Governor Walker and the Republican-dominated legislature) is the federal government in miniature, except that we have had a head start. Walker has done a great job of trashing our once-great state. I look for the same sort of thing from Trump on a national scale, and why would the ignorant redneck fuckwits in Wisconsin have a problem with that? Do I sound bitter? Sorry -- I am bitter. The state and country I once loved have disappeared.