Are you in a red state or blue state?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2016, 05:37 PM
RE: Are you in a red state or blue state?
okay, wait.
I don't embrace all people who live here. I only embrace the ones who aren't fucking assholes. lol

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
13-11-2016, 01:22 AM
I try not to embrace perfect strangers. It really creeps them out, and they might be sick.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
13-11-2016, 01:36 AM
I live in a red state - Idaho.
Part of flyover nation.

Dana Loesch called her book: "Flyover nation: you can not run the country you don't know".

P.S. according to Dana Loesch if Dems and Libs read this book they would know who was going to win this election.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
13-11-2016, 11:04 AM
(13-11-2016 01:36 AM)Alla Wrote:  I live in a red state - Idaho.
Part of flyover nation.

Dana Loesch called her book: "Flyover nation: you can not run the country you don't know".

P.S. according to Dana Loesch if Dems and Libs read this book they would know who was going to win this election.
Did you read it? Because you seemed to think Cruz or Carson were gonna win.

The notion of the Midwest flyover rally defense has gotten dumb. I guess the will it play in Peoria mentality has gone away.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Blue.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
13-11-2016, 07:45 PM
(11-11-2016 04:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He's already "nullified". His non-election (except maybe by the Electors) was the dying gasp of the old order. NOT ONE Fortune 500 company contributed to his election campaign. He's simply out of touch with mainstream American culture.
Yet he has so out of touch with American culture that almost 50% of Americans voted for him?

13-11-2016, 07:48 PM
(11-11-2016 04:56 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 04:23 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm not sure what you mean by "nullification", but I'm in a borderline state. Wisconsin has always been considered a blue state, and has voted Democratic in Presidential elections since 1984. Last Tuesday, they not only voted for Trump, they also voted to return a Republican to the Senate. On the electoral map the day after the election, Wisconsin was showing red. We also have a Republican governor who has survived two recalls, and then won re-election in the regular election, and both houses of our state legislature are overwhelmingly Republican. I would say we are now a red state. For what it's worth, I live in one of the few blue counties (Dane, which contains Madison) in that state.

Nullification refers to a state's rejection of a federal law or mandate and pass laws that supersede them.
Like sanctuary cities?
13-11-2016, 09:14 PM
(13-11-2016 07:45 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 04:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He's already "nullified". His non-election (except maybe by the Electors) was the dying gasp of the old order. NOT ONE Fortune 500 company contributed to his election campaign. He's simply out of touch with mainstream American culture.
Yet he has so out of touch with American culture that almost 50% of Americans voted for him?

Point taken. While I can appreciate the gravity of what Hillary has gotten into with that email server, and that the military doesn't like it (I don't either, having served during the time when the Walkers pulled their crap), the reality is that he is appealing to the right-wing whites who want to remain dominant. While I can understand the sentiment, I thoroughly disagree with it. My only wish is that more Democratic voters had shown up at the polls. Had they done so, it wouldn't be "almost 50%". My take is that the US is so focused on the entertainment aspect of life that they don't think far enough ahead on what this jerk can possibly do to this country. They want the side show, and don't think about the potential results.

Let me just ask a rhetorical question. If you were carrying the "football", and he ordered a preemptive strike, would you actually hand him the thing? Or, given your love for your country, your family, and the world, would you pull your sidearm and eliminate the real threat?
13-11-2016, 09:22 PM
(13-11-2016 09:14 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Let me just ask a rhetorical question. If you were carrying the "football", and he ordered a preemptive strike, would you actually hand him the thing? Or, given your love for your country, your family, and the world, would you pull your sidearm and eliminate the real threat?

Honestly, I really don't know what I would do.
13-11-2016, 09:50 PM
(13-11-2016 09:22 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 09:14 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Let me just ask a rhetorical question. If you were carrying the "football", and he ordered a preemptive strike, would you actually hand him the thing? Or, given your love for your country, your family, and the world, would you pull your sidearm and eliminate the real threat?

Honestly, I really don't know what I would do.

I know what I'd do, and it would render me unfit to carry the "football" for this president-elect. And if I didn't have a side arm, I still know how to eliminate that threat. For the life of me, I can't believe the amount of shit the US public will swallow without an eye blink. I think it would be informative to discuss how that has happened. I'll start a thread.