Are you in love...with yourself???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Are you in love...with yourself???
If you had to put on a scale of 1-10 of how much you like/regard yourself then what would it be???

Currently for me i would put it at around 7........its funny but I think I will get to 10 once I fully learn to drop all the meaningless insecurities about myself.

Obviously religion makes people have some pretty warped images of what is right and whats wrong within the world and they obviously reflect this upon themselves. In my view "god" is mearly a "middleman" (like when you pray.....you are not speaking to anybody but yourself.....but you believe god to be listening and what you deem as "important" thoughts you share with god/yourself)

I just think that seeing as we "keep ourselves company" with our own thoughts every single second of the day that we should at least keep the conversation positive......so how about making friends with yourself (if your not allready)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
25-02-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: Are you in love...with yourself???
I'd like to say I'm a 10. But would be lying if I didn't say that I too have my little insecurities. I think we all do.

I wonder if I would be friends with me if I wasn't me. I can never quite decide if I would.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 2 users Like Smooshmonster's post
25-02-2012, 03:23 PM
(25-02-2012 03:11 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  I'd like to say I'm a 10. But would be lying if I didn't say that I too have my little insecurities. I think we all do.

I wonder if I would be friends with me if I wasn't me. I can never quite decide if I would.

Wow what an awesome question to consider Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
25-02-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure if I should involve myself in a public discussion of my self-loving.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
25-02-2012, 04:29 PM
(25-02-2012 04:23 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm not sure if I should involve myself in a public discussion of my self-loving.

It appears as though we both had the same initial reaction to the title. LMAO

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
25-02-2012, 04:30 PM
(25-02-2012 04:23 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm not sure if I should involve myself in a public discussion of my self-loving.

As long as you alternate your arms I cant see a problem Confused

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
25-02-2012, 04:34 PM
(25-02-2012 04:30 PM)bemore Wrote:  

With Stark? I'm open to suggestions, but not that open. Confused

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
25-02-2012, 04:36 PM
(25-02-2012 04:34 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Don't be so quick to discount the idea. I'm damn good at what I do!Big Grin

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
25-02-2012, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2012 04:43 PM by Erxomai.)
Now that I've done my primary mission of derailing your topic, I shall confess that my glib comments are partly fueled by my own insecurities. Well, primarily fueled by my warped mind, but secondarily fueled by a life time of NOT loving myself. There is a very wicked message in Christianity that you must die to yourself...giving up your desires completely and becoming a slave to Christ...letting him do the thinking for you. You must put others before yourself and always remember that you were just dirt before God got a hold of your elements and because of your sins, you're just a bunch of filthy rags before his holiness. If you start with a pretty good self-image, you can probably be like KC and weather this sort of insanity and still be functional. Or you can start out with a low self image and mixed with the catalyst of spiritual self-loathing, it can be a pretty lethal combination--no exaggeration.

But a friend recently told me, "Lowliness is for people cowering before God, remember? Now be nice to yourself, you're worth it."

Definitely motivates me reconsider this whole crappy self-image thing.
(25-02-2012 04:36 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(25-02-2012 04:34 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Don't be so quick to discount the idea. I'm damn good at what I do!Big Grin

We'll have to see what happens at the TTA Campout when we start passing around your harvest. Big Grin

~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
25-02-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm a 4 or sometimes a 5.
I'm occasionally insecure, but more often I find myself jealous of other people. Of how easy they make everything seem. I know my faults, maybe not all but I'd hope most of them, and I'm aware of those that I can change and those that I could but then I'd no longer be me.

If I wasn't me I wouldn't likely be friends with me. I'm not a very good friend as per the definition of friend.

Don't worry I'm not typically so low on myself, I am usually pretty easy going. But you asked the question and I value honesty.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post