Poll: Are you out or in the closet?
I am completely in the closet
I am out to one person only.
I am out to a few people.
I am out in my private life, but not at work.
I am out at work but not to my family.
I come out when asked.
I shout it from the roof tops.
[Show Results]

Are you out or in the closet?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
02-08-2016, 12:07 AM
RE: Are you out or in the closet?
(01-08-2016 11:56 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Considering the fact I've spent most of my time living either in DC or Massachusetts, being frank about my atheism when it comes up has never once caused me any problems.

May the God I don't believe in bless the Northeast, the most enlightened corner of civilization in America.

The north east? Uh yeah, no. Last time I checked, the North East is where all the Chassids live. Enlightened? Maybe not so much.

The southeast is where it's at for enlightened thinking. We've got Rabbi Frank down here and we've got unicorns at our gay weddings. Who brings that nuttiness to the United States? The Christians? No! It's the Jews!

[Image: Gay-Jewish-Wedding-at-Paramount-Studios-...-USA-7.jpg]

We've got progressive police.
[Image: police.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
02-08-2016, 01:52 PM
(02-08-2016 12:07 AM)Aliza Wrote:  The southeast is where it's at for enlightened thinking. We've got Rabbi Frank down here and we've got unicorns at our gay weddings. Who brings that nuttiness to the United States? The Christians? No! It's the Jews!

[Image: Gay-Jewish-Wedding-at-Paramount-Studios-...-USA-7.jpg]

I will see your unicorn weddings and raise you Clown Mass:

And the Halloween Mass with the priest dressed as a purple dinosaur telling people to gather around for "The Barney Blessing":

Still photo from the latter, there's a priest in that dinosaur:
[Image: uBxMBia.jpg?1]

Actually, after watching both videos it may be time to hop over to the Deconversion stories thread.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
12-11-2016, 09:55 AM
I'm out and proud of it. As are most the people I know. Maybe its a UK think, most churches are almost empty, lots are closing and being converted to other use. The biggest activity on Sunday's seem to be shopping. So God is dead, long live freedom from religion.
[+] 3 users Like Squidlooking's post
12-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Are you out or in the closet?
In my opinion your sexuality is your business and if your comfortable sharing it with people then do, if your not then don't. No one should be able to dictate or influence how you live your life in anyway that your not cool with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 2 users Like monkeybuttph1's post
12-11-2016, 12:29 PM
(12-11-2016 12:17 PM)monkeybuttph1 Wrote:  In my opinion your sexuality is your business and if your comfortable sharing it with people then do, if your not then don't. No one should be able to dictate or influence how you live your life in anyway that your not cool with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thread is about coming out as atheist.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-11-2016, 12:55 PM
Everyone that knows me knows that I'm an atheist.
12-11-2016, 05:54 PM
I will tell people if asked, or if it comes up organically in conversation.

Religion isn't a huge thing here, so I am not afraid to share.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
12-11-2016, 09:13 PM
I've been honest about it. But most of the people I know don't talk about religion much so it doesn't come up.
13-11-2016, 12:41 AM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2016 12:46 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(02-08-2016 12:07 AM)Aliza Wrote:  We've got progressive police.
[Image: police.jpg]

That police car looks shopped.

[Image: kf2zqp.jpg]

EDIT: It looked a little to clean and flat, but after fining more images of what appears to be an identical car from different perspectives and in different lighting, I'm inclined to think it's real (or else a very prolific spoof).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
13-11-2016, 09:07 PM
I could mark any of those depending on what day it is. I don't hide my atheism but it's one of those topics my family avoids for the most part. I cannot really be out at work though. A few of my closer coworkers at my last job knew but it took several years to get there. The funeral business is extremely religious and conservative. It would likely cost me any job prospects to be up front about this - and I have been asked in interviews, multiple times.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha