Are you skipping any shows this year?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2015, 06:40 PM
Are you skipping any shows this year?
I really like watching TV shows..maybe I don't have a life..well anyways I'm curious if anyone else is skipping a particular show they watched previously.

This year I'm skipping all three of the NCIS series. I really liked the original one but for me, its just not going anywhere. Maybe I just simply lost interest because I don't know how many times I started to fall asleep. Guess that was a sign.

NCIS: LA I like more than the original because there is a lot more action involved and some funny bits..but even that was starting to get weird for me.

Then you have a third one..NCIS: New Orleans...I just don't know if there needed to be a 3RD NCIS! What's next? a 4th one? I mean come on CBS. I never been a fan of the acting in this series but some how CBS says its their number one show..umm yeah I don't think so.

One of the things I find funny is that these NCIS agents can solve everything, they are better than any other government agency in the country.

I don't know..I just had enough.

Whats shows have you had enough with?

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2015, 07:20 PM
RE: Are you skipping any shows this year?
I've just about cut out tv. I haven't turned mine on in six weeks other than for my son to watch sponge bob in the morning. I had been watching Walking Dead, but missed the last few seasons. Same with The Bachelor/Bachelorette.

I'm also trying to wean my TTA time.

My goals are to get more hands-on with exploring the area, do it yourself science with my son, reading to expand my brain bone, projects like embroidery and painting, get back into cooking, and finding new music. Also, I've got to get motivated to go back to school and exercise.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
06-10-2015, 07:26 PM
I gave away my TV.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-10-2015, 07:33 PM
I don't even know what's on network TV any more. I am usually lost when people talk about the series they are watching. If there is a lot of buzz about a show I may catch it later on something like Netflix.

Mostly my viewing is background noise and is selected by my husband. Usually I am hooked to my headphones listening to podcasts.

I will watch Game of Thrones when the new season begins and I watch Ink Master and Homicide Hunter. If I am home alone and want something to make noise I head for true crime on ID.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-10-2015, 07:35 PM
I cancelled cable after the last episode of Battlestar Galactica in 2009 and haven't looked back. Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
06-10-2015, 07:42 PM
I'm terrible..I watch like 30+ shows. Its almost embarrassing. Well I guess it kind of is. I have an app on my phone that is dedicated to it.

I'm sure it will change when/if I ever move out my parents house. I'm just having a rough time getting my shit together..but I have some disorders and they just make life hard for me. But where i live..there is literally nothing to do. Its snowy and cold most of the time of the year. It sucks.

But hey! Is till work out! I've been working out 3-5 days a week for about a year now. I've lost almost 70 pounds Big Grin

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
[+] 2 users Like nerwin's post
06-10-2015, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2015 08:12 PM by Banjo.)
At this time I have never watched so much TV. Recovering at home TV, or rather the internet has been a blessing. For example yesterday I watched two movies without leaving the house, the Martian and Ex machina. And at a friends recommendation I have begun the Murdock mysteries.
I keep meaning to watch GOT but it seems to be a bit popular, like Shanaia Twain, and I have as yet to watch it. Same with Breaking bad.

I will eventually I suppose. I tend to prefer British TV over American. For example, Sherlock Holmes over Elementary.

But I'll watch anything at the moment. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
06-10-2015, 08:15 PM
I rarely watch TV shows anymore. Dr Who is about it. Podcasts and Youtube take up the majority of my free time.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
06-10-2015, 08:18 PM
(06-10-2015 08:15 PM)cactus Wrote:  I rarely watch TV shows anymore. Dr Who is about it. Podcasts and Youtube take up the majority of my free time.

Youtube is awesome! So many documentaries! And so much music. OMG so much music. People I never thought I'd ever see!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-10-2015, 08:42 PM
I like these two new shows I found on old people's TV. Columbo and Magnum PI. Yes
Until Downton Abbey's last season starts....that's about it. We used to like "The Good Wife". Now not so much.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post