Are you skipping any shows this year?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2015, 08:47 PM
RE: Are you skipping any shows this year?
The only TV show I've kept up with has been a British quiz show called The Chase...

That is to say, I'm skipping practically everything.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2015, 09:02 PM
(06-10-2015 06:40 PM)nerwin Wrote:  I really like watching TV shows..maybe I don't have a life..well anyways I'm curious if anyone else is skipping a particular show they watched previously.

This year I'm skipping all three of the NCIS series. I really liked the original one but for me, its just not going anywhere. Maybe I just simply lost interest because I don't know how many times I started to fall asleep. Guess that was a sign.

NCIS: LA I like more than the original because there is a lot more action involved and some funny bits..but even that was starting to get weird for me.

Then you have a third one..NCIS: New Orleans...I just don't know if there needed to be a 3RD NCIS! What's next? a 4th one? I mean come on CBS. I never been a fan of the acting in this series but some how CBS says its their number one show..umm yeah I don't think so.

One of the things I find funny is that these NCIS agents can solve everything, they are better than any other government agency in the country.

I don't know..I just had enough.

Whats shows have you had enough with?

Hmmm, I like NCIS:NO best. I never warmed up to NCIS:LA.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2015, 03:58 AM
Re: Are you skipping any shows this year?
I'm skipping ALL the shows! Unless I magically get cable. Or internet for Netflix.
[+] 1 user Likes mecanna's post
07-10-2015, 04:02 AM
(07-10-2015 03:58 AM)mecanna Wrote:  I'm skipping ALL the shows! Unless I magically get cable. Or internet for Netflix.

My TV is hooked up to my PC, just so I could play The Witcher 3 from my futon. Besides watching the occasional movie on my PC, my TV doesn't see much use.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
07-10-2015, 04:06 AM
(07-10-2015 04:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 03:58 AM)mecanna Wrote:  I'm skipping ALL the shows! Unless I magically get cable. Or internet for Netflix.

My TV is hooked up to my PC, just so I could play The Witcher 3 from my futon. Besides watching the occasional movie on my PC, my TV doesn't see much use.

That's how it is here. TV is a big ol' monitor. Unless there's weather. The besties are roofers, so sometimes there's weather to watch at five in the morning. And like last winter with those days of all day storm coverage, my buddy watched that. I don't see the appeal. :/

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
07-10-2015, 04:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2015 06:02 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(07-10-2015 04:06 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 04:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  My TV is hooked up to my PC, just so I could play The Witcher 3 from my futon. Besides watching the occasional movie on my PC, my TV doesn't see much use.

That's how it is here. TV is a big ol' monitor. Unless there's weather. The besties are roofers, so sometimes there's weather to watch at five in the morning. And like last winter with those days of all day storm coverage, my buddy watched that. I don't see the appeal. :/

I thought I was going to play Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain with a controller on the TV, but that game ends up having quite a bit of gunplay so I stayed with the mouse and keyboard.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
07-10-2015, 04:25 AM
(07-10-2015 04:06 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  That's how it is here. TV is a big ol' monitor. Unless there's weather. The besties are roofers, so sometimes there's weather to watch at five in the morning. And like last winter with those days of all day storm coverage, my buddy watched that. I don't see the appeal. :/

Same here.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-10-2015, 04:52 AM
(07-10-2015 04:25 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 04:06 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  That's how it is here. TV is a big ol' monitor. Unless there's weather. The besties are roofers, so sometimes there's weather to watch at five in the morning. And like last winter with those days of all day storm coverage, my buddy watched that. I don't see the appeal. :/

Same here.

Although it is kinda funny seeing the reporter outside in the driving snow stating the inane and obvious. Big Grin

I remember the weather part of the news in Arizona - they had to borrow everybody else's weather 'cause there pretty much ain't no weather in Arizona. Wink

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
07-10-2015, 04:54 AM
One of my colleagues came to clean my apartment on Sunday. She wondered (as she was removing 10 months-worth of dust) why the TV still had the manufacturers stickers all over it.

"I haven't used it yet" says I.
"You don't watch TV? Ohmy ?"
"Not for over 9 years" I reply. This was not entirely true as I had a 1970's TV in my Sydney apartment in 2006/7 and switched it on maybe twice. Also, once, again in Sydney a few years ago, I was staying in a short-stay apartment which had a more modern device. When I switched it on I was presented with what looked like a spreadsheet/Gantt chart... I pressed a few buttons on the remote control but couldn't find any actual programs. So I switched it off again.

My cleaning-colleague mentioned that I can get internet on it now so I can watch YouTube and stuff. But I haven't had a go at that yet.

Gone are the days when I knew how to use this technology. I remember with fondness the days of BBC1, BBC2, ITV and that new one Channel 4. Not that I watched BBC1 and ITV even then.

So, skipping some?

It would be like a non-smoker saying that they've cut down on their habit.

Quote:Mad Hatter: Would you like a little more tea?
Alice: Well, I haven't had any yet, so I can't very well take more.
March Hare: Ah, you mean you can't very well take less.
Mad Hatter: Yes. You can always take more than nothing.

Undecided

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
07-10-2015, 05:54 AM
I like watching the shows on a my 65" plasma. Its nice. lol But I guess I just like chill out toward the end of the day and watch TV shows, they normally start at 8pm and go to 11pm. I like it so much because it gets my mind off things.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.