Are you the same person online as you are in real life?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2014, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2014 01:35 PM by Wicked Clown.)
Are you the same person online as you are in real life?
So online you could be a big fat guy and become Jessica Alba with a certain flow of words and some cutting and pasting images and start hitting on guys and whipping them into an erotic frenzy hahaha Laughat

Or you could be Jessica Alba posing as a big fat guy. LOL!

Actually, unless if I were sock pooping, I'm actually more myself online because in real life I have to dial it down a bit for the sake of being polite and civilized. I mean I'm myself and very open to disclosing whatever personal info if someone wants to know, but usually I keep a lot of things to myself in a social setting where I don't know people well.

In a AA or NA meeting or a therapeutic group of emotionally disturbed people I'm totally myself because it's accepted and expected, but usually in real life I exercise more self-control so as to not freak people out, annoy, or offend.

You?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2014, 12:06 PM
RE: Are you the same person online as you are in real life?
You'll have to ask Near. I think I'm pretty much the same.
28-07-2014, 12:12 PM
Yes and no. I'm quite snarky here. I find myself innately forming snarky remarks when dealing with people in meatspace, but I tend to hold back quite a bit to avoid pissing people off. There are a few people who see it, but I generally try to avoid directing it at them.

Otherwise, I'm pretty much the same.
28-07-2014, 12:13 PM
(28-07-2014 12:06 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  You'll have to ask Near. I think I'm pretty much the same.
I'm always confused on why you reference your husband/boyfriend as if we know him or have a way to speak to him. haha.

On topic....I'm mostly the same online, I think. I'm a pretty odd person in general though, so I think it's hard to catch that online since facial expressions, jokes, and such don't translate very well. I'm definitely more open to sharing my more taboo beliefs online, but I don't project a different persona, or at least I don't try to.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
28-07-2014, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2014 01:12 PM by Wicked Clown.)
Online I seem to make enemies quickly. In real life that almost never happens unless I'm drunk.
Last time I got in someone's face while drunk I got taken down and my knee got extremely fucked up. Was limping for weeks. Didn't remember it happening, but woke up next to a pile of vomit and could barely walk. We were on a yacht, and I guess I drank a quart of vodka in 20 min and someone took it from me and I got in their face. I ruined the party

The time before that I got this:
[Image: IMG_20140425_154647_8561_zps998b0c84.jpg]

glass shards in the forehead and a permanent scar.
So I don't drink anymore.
28-07-2014, 12:38 PM
(28-07-2014 12:13 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 12:06 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  You'll have to ask Near. I think I'm pretty much the same.
I'm always confused on why you reference your husband/boyfriend as if we know him or have a way to speak to him. haha.

On topic....I'm mostly the same online, I think. I'm a pretty odd person in general though, so I think it's hard to catch that online since facial expressions, jokes, and such don't translate very well. I'm definitely more open to sharing my more taboo beliefs online, but I don't project a different persona, or at least I don't try to.

People who have been here a while do know him and have spoken to him frequently. Not my fault yall missed out. Tongue

He pops in from time to time still. (He is a vet after all)
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
28-07-2014, 12:40 PM
I'm probably more eloquent online (given a certain discussion) since I have more time to think about my response. Other than that, I'm pretty much the same.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
28-07-2014, 12:52 PM
I'm the same, I don't have the time, energy or desire to pretend to be some one I'm not. WYSIWYG.

I think all of us limit our comments depending on the company we are in, but that is just manners, IMO.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
28-07-2014, 12:58 PM
Only difference is that I am a lot more quiet in real life.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-07-2014, 01:11 PM
(28-07-2014 12:58 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Only difference is that I am a lot more quiet in real life.

You are WAY too noisy. Quiet down! Tongue

And what does WYSIWYG mean?
[+] 1 user Likes Wicked Clown's post