Are your parents still alive?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Are your parents still alive?
So my old man miraculously survived his main artery being 100% clogged because the body sorta formed a new small artery along the wall of the clogged one to get just the right amount of blood there to keep from a heart attack but still leave him so weak he could barely walk a block.

Now he's doin alright with stints and medication but still could die anytime. Have you lost someone in your immediate family? Is it as painful as you expected it would be? How long did it take to recover from it?

Would certain Religious beliefs help ease the pain for you at all?

I'd think it would seem like it isn't even real for a while anyhow.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2014, 10:21 AM
RE: Are your parents still alive?
My dad died a couple years ago, he was apparently selling his meds instead of taking them. The amount of f-cks I would have given would be less than a pixel. It fell on me, however, because the ME needed to know if they could just cremate, but noooo the bastard had to be buried in a military cemetery or else they would have had to exhume the body of my brother that died and move him out. So I had to make those arrangements because none of my brothers or sisters (who still live in that area) would step up and take care of it. I went to high school with the ME, he contacted me via Facebook.

I think my mom is still alive. Her last words to me (in 1991) were, "If I ever see you walk through my door again, I will be very surprised." To which I responded, "So will I." I left and there is no reason to ever go back to that BS.

RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. - Ambrose Bierce (The Devil's Dictionary)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply