Poll: Are your cables and wires above ground or buried?
Above ground
Buried underground
No wires! They interfere with my tin foil hat!
[Show Results]

Are your wires buried underground?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
16-07-2017, 08:50 PM
RE: Are your wires buried underground?
In our case many of the trees were here first. As in, prior to the town having electricity. And we have signage calling us a "Tree City." But yes, we have the same problem with buckling sidewalks. I'm also pretty sure many of those old trees predate the sidewalks.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2017, 02:31 AM
Well the five who divorced me, they survived. But the rest, let's see, 17 I think - umm, oh, Mabel, and Ruth, so nineteen, they're all underground now. Wait, you said wires - oops, my mistake, dammit. Gonna have to hide this post from Gail ... (turns up volume on police scanner and returns to watching reruns of Forensic Files).
[+] 3 users Like Airportkid's post
17-07-2017, 02:57 AM
Read as "are your wives..."

I guess they are mostly underground, but they seem to just go wherever.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
17-07-2017, 04:14 AM
All wiring into my house is underground except for a telephone cable which is above ground and attached to a post. It no longer has a telephone connected since I switched to another supplier when cabling for TV and broadband was installed.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

17-07-2017, 04:21 AM
Aren't all wires underground?

Also, bit of a side note: in reading the topic title, I thought this would be some sort of euphemism thread about doing a poop Laugh out load , you know like "laying a cable" and all that Laugh out load

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
17-07-2017, 05:25 AM
Around here the power lines are above ground on a good day, on the ground on bad....

We had two bad days so far this month..

Angry

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
17-07-2017, 07:24 AM
I love all of the misinterpretations of this thread. lol

Remind me not to go digging in any of your yards...

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
17-07-2017, 07:47 AM
(16-07-2017 08:50 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  In our case many of the trees were here first. As in, prior to the town having electricity. And we have signage calling us a "Tree City." But yes, we have the same problem with buckling sidewalks. I'm also pretty sure many of those old trees predate the sidewalks.

Looks like the power company is the culprit, then. That's a shame, because now that the damage is done, you'll never get it back like it was. Wherever I've lived in California, the power was in before the trees. But then I live in an irrigated desert. If it weren't for piped-in water there would pretty much be no trees.
17-07-2017, 07:53 AM
(16-07-2017 08:50 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  ... many of the trees were here first ...
... problem with buckling sidewalks ...
... many of those old trees predate the sidewalks.

[Image: 35jwav.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
17-07-2017, 10:11 AM
Where I live, and in most rural regions, electricity wires overhead, telephone cables underground. I live in an older area of town, and our phone cables run through buried lead piping. I kid you not. But I don't eat the soil, so I guess it doesn't matter—well, not until the local tree-huggers find out LOL.

We also have a lot of SWER lines running through bushland, which is always guaranteed to start fires in summer.

[Image: 1280px-Swer_lilyvale_road_emerald_qld.JPG]

—Note the fallen gum tree immediately below the wire, and the remaining canopy of the double trunk still perilously close to the wire.

No

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post