Area69 for Adults(and Gwyneth lovers) only

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-04-2014, 12:16 PM
RE: Area69 for Adults(and Gwyneth lovers) only
(07-04-2014 10:24 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I just dont get it, also the anime stuff.... it just seems so 10 year old like.

Yabut anime is not just for kids Drinking Beverage
Actually, it's mainly for adults.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
07-04-2014, 12:20 PM
(07-04-2014 12:16 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(07-04-2014 10:24 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I just dont get it, also the anime stuff.... it just seems so 10 year old like.

Especially the ones I watch.
[Image: If_you_know_what_I_mean.png]

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 2 users Like DemonicLemon's post
07-04-2014, 12:22 PM

This, it tends to deal with more mature themes, or is out right fantasy, sexual or otherwise.

Plus you get to fangirl over anime without your friends face-palming.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2014, 12:29 PM

I'm usually on board with your old guy mentality, War Horse, but she's got a point. Most anime that I've watched would not be appropriate for young audiences, and I'm not talking about hentai. Just the regular shows/movies.

Anime is just another storytelling medium and it's a great one for telling fantastic stories without needing a gigantic live action budget. Many great stories would never have been put into a visual medium if it weren't for anime. Anime allows a writer to create entire worlds and universes without ever having to leave their studio. Epic battle scenes don't require thousands of extras or expensive CG.

The format is not for everyone and there is a LOT of shitty anime out there due to the ease of which it can be made (relatively speaking). But there are anime series out there that have better stories, more likeable characters, and more engrossing worlds than most live action shows/movies out there. Dismissing it because it's "a cartoon" seems a bit silly to me.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
07-04-2014, 12:46 PM
It just seems so unnatural, tho the theme may be adult, the graphics seem very unrealistic and forced.

Thats the way I see it . It may be cheaper and whatever else, but it cant replace good old human action, even if they expand on it with computer graphics, that works in my book.

But then again, I did enjoy Roger Rabbit, but it had a human element in it throughout. I know Roger Rabbit isnt anime, but I was trying to make my point somewhere in that. Consider

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
07-04-2014, 12:54 PM
(07-04-2014 12:46 PM)War Horse Wrote:  It just seems so unnatural, tho the theme may be adult, the graphics seem very unrealistic and forced.

Thats the way I see it . It may be cheaper and whatever else, but it cant replace good old human action, even if they expand on it with computer graphics, that works in my book.

But then again, I did enjoy Roger Rabbit, but it had a human element in it throughout. I know Roger Rabbit isnt anime, but I was trying to make my point somewhere in that. Consider

Of course it can't replace human action. The graphics were something that kept me away from them at first, too. I always thought they were not good enough.

But once I watched one show, I couldn't stop. The stories are usually extremely complex, the best anime series out there might even be better than 80% of any normal series you see around.

And when it comes to movies, there's Hayao Miyazaki, who combines great graphics and interesting stories, even if they are for kids.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
07-04-2014, 12:54 PM
(07-04-2014 10:24 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(07-04-2014 09:56 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I personally do not mind the ponies due to the sympathy with my obsession with Buxom Anime Girls beating the hell out of each other.

I really dont mind either since they have their own thread.

I just dont get it, also the anime stuff.... it just seems so 10 year old like.

I imagine its a generational thing, when I was a teen, we wanted to grow up and do adult stuff, it would have never entered our minds to mess around with cartoons, especially these kind. Undecided

Yikes ten year olds and anime....I have seen some anime and even the tame versions seem highly inappropriate for children to me.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
07-04-2014, 01:00 PM
(07-04-2014 12:54 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(07-04-2014 10:24 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I really dont mind either since they have their own thread.

I just dont get it, also the anime stuff.... it just seems so 10 year old like.

I imagine its a generational thing, when I was a teen, we wanted to grow up and do adult stuff, it would have never entered our minds to mess around with cartoons, especially these kind. Undecided

Yikes ten year olds and anime....I have seen some anime and even the tame versions seem highly inappropriate for children to me.

Indeed, I can think of few myself I'd never show my cousins under the age of fifteen, mostly Ghost in the Shell, Full Metal Alchemist and Helsing.

No-Face still gives me the creeps.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Blackhand293's post
07-04-2014, 01:05 PM
(07-04-2014 12:46 PM)War Horse Wrote:  It just seems so unnatural, tho the theme may be adult, the graphics seem very unrealistic and forced.

Aye, the graphics and visuals can be a bit ridiculous and go overboard with the effects, that's part of the genre. It is off putting at times, but as undergroundp says, it's the story that is important in anime. Because the animation reduces production costs and time, they can focus more on the story and the characters themselves. I've watched many while paying very little attention to the screen. The dialog and the overarching plot is where the focus lays, so the visual is less important.

It makes sense in my head.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
07-04-2014, 01:25 PM
(07-04-2014 01:05 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  It makes sense in my head.

That, right there is probably why we differ on the perception of anime.

You were more subjected to this technology at an earlier age, and have accepted it much easier.

Christ, I was in my mid 20s when Pacman came out, and of course being stoned I played it for about 6 months before it got old. Way different mind set from todays culture. Blush

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post