Argentina approved Gender Identity Law :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Argentina approved Gender Identity Law :D
A morning of 2010 I made a thread in another forum saying I woke up in a better country, when I went to sleep our senators were debating a law to allow same sex couples to get married, when I woke up I found out they passed it, and I had, overnight, more rights and I was more equal to the rest of the people in my country, I was happy Big Grin

Today I will go to sleep in a better country, a few minutes ago the senate approved the Gender Identity Law, it's a law that allow people to define in every single legal aspect of their lives what gender they are, they can change their IDs, every document of every registry and anything you can imagine to what they actual gender is, with complete disregard of the gender assigned at birth and without needing the "approval" of a doctor or a judge. Even for minors (with their parents) can change the gender it reflects on the legal documents.

The law is regarded as one of the most advanced in the matter in the world, and I'm feeling that we as a nation are also advancing, we're supposed to be a catholic, conservative country, but our representatives are making the things right, no matter what religious group has to say.

The law also includes the right for these people to get hormonal treatments, surgeries or whatever they need to adequate their bodies, this means medial insurances have to pay for those surgeries and public hospitals will offer this services as well.

Tonight a lot of people will go to sleep knowing their country recognises who they are and what they are without any prejudice or superfluous requirement. I'm happy again Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like nach_in's post
09-05-2012, 07:02 PM
RE: Argentina approved Gender Identity Law :D
Argentina 2, America - 2

Well that seems backwards... Good for Argentina.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I guess we won't have to cry for you, Argentina.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
09-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Badum dum chhh

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
09-05-2012, 07:11 PM
(09-05-2012 07:04 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I guess we won't have to cry for you, Argentina.
[Image: Ba-dum-tss.jpg]

good one Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post