Arguing about healthcare reform with my folks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Arguing about healthcare reform with my folks
This'll sound incredibly stupid, but can anyone give me some resources to help me explain the healthcare reform to my Repub. folks. I really wish I could make a substantive argument to show them they'll be better off but I lack a fine knowledge of how insurance and the like are done. We're a family of four and my Dad makes $50,000 a year as a cop. I explained to my mom that for a bronze package we'd spend around $166 dollars on insurance, but see just lamented that that is as much as a car payment. Now we aren't that well off. A $200 grocery bill will almost wipe us out, and on occasion we've barely been able to last long enough for another check. Now my mom has had a heart attack and a stint as well as mix connective tissue disease.(She's pretty bad off most of the time.) Will the extension of medicaid help relieve some of her burden? If any one can explain some things for me I'd be very grateful.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2012, 02:21 PM
RE: Arguing about healthcare reform with my folks
Medicaid is subsidized healthcare and they cover you even with a previously existing condition. Do you know if your family qualifies for it? Here is some more about the Affordable Care Act .

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
08-11-2012, 02:32 PM
1. It's a "stent" they put in her heart, not a "stint". (If you joined the army you would have a "stint" in the army.)
2. Medicaid is a program administered by the states, and he probably makes to much, to even apply.
3. Whatever organization he works for has specific plans they offer, that apply only to that organization. So "bronze" package means nothing to anyone except your family.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
08-11-2012, 06:15 PM
@ Bucky Ball, thank you for the correction on stent.

@ Logica Humano, thanks for the link.