Argument Against the Judeo-Christian God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2012, 02:46 AM
RE: Argument Against the Judeo-Christian God
(21-04-2012 12:54 AM)Egor Wrote:  Well maybe the extent of human knowledge requires one to go down the rabbit hole. In fact if a rabbit hole exists and you won't go down it, how can you call yourself a thinking man? You can't. You have to admit you're an intellectual coward and live with it (I'm not saying you are, I'm just saying that's the result.).

I've *been* down at least one rabbit hole and it wasn't fun. Furthermore there are infinite rabbit holes, so for me to be reluctant to go down a particular one is hardly surprising Wink If that's intellectual cowardice... so be it. I like *my* one Smile

Quote:
Quote:It's... essentially meaningless to me. As I said, I'm still not sold on God so it seems premature to start discussing his essential characteristics...

Then just step aside.

Will do.

I'm glad you're still thinking about this stuff. I hope you do find someone willing to talk about it... I'm just not feeling it for this one Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2012, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2012 06:12 AM by Logisch.)
*edit* eh. Changed my mind.
21-04-2012, 11:21 AM
(20-04-2012 11:17 AM)Egor Wrote:  Well, this is why I posted this article in several atheist forums. Apparently there isn't anyone in here bright enough to discuss it. And frankly, this post wasn't intended to start a string of responses where I have to teach you about omnipotence, or why I'm not an atheist, etc. I actually hoped to learn something from someone.
Ok I will teach you something,

You are a douche...
21-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Quote:Talking about the nature of God or about God hypothetically is just plain boring.
And yet here you are continuing to talk about it.
No, I'm not. I'm talking about you talking about it.
(21-04-2012 12:54 AM)Egor Wrote:  
Quote:It is doubtful that any gods exist, so speculating on the nature, motivations, limitations, characteristics, etc. is simply not fruitful or interesting to this atheist.
Yeah, it shows. Rolleyes

Quote:What are you looking for from atheists that is of use in your concept of God? Really, you and KC continually amaze me by your asking us about your gods.
Because you are even more interested in God than we are.

And atheists tend to think more critically than Christians, not all atheists, but many.
Wow, you really don't listen or understand. I am not interested in god, or in talking about god. I'm asking you why you think we are interested in talking with you about your god.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Well as a christian The biggest reason I believe in god is this sentence : God said it; I believe it;That settles it!
I don't need proof, I have all the proof in the world written in my bible. For Christians that like my post or ..uh...atheist Sad here are more perfect arguments you can't refute on my blog http://jessejohn.hubpages.com/hub/lifequote don't try atheist you can't disprove me hahahahahaha!