Argument I don't understand

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2014, 03:46 PM
RE: Argument I don't understand
(31-10-2014 03:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 03:30 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Alas, we shall have to take TheInquisition's word for our preliminary results.

Perhaps in the vanishingly unlikely event that anything at all happens, we can look into expanding our study.

Say Earthquack. The quacks claim that God can make Earthquacks... Back to square Quack. You have to be on quack to believe it.

Wasn't the stated criterion moving only the marbles and nothing else?

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2014, 04:05 PM
(31-10-2014 03:46 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 03:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  Say Earthquack. The quacks claim that God can make Earthquacks... Back to square Quack. You have to be on quack to believe it.

Wasn't the stated criterion moving only the marbles and nothing else?

Just checked original post describing it. Nope. Even a believer vigorously shaking the box is not disallowed...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-11-2014, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 06:26 AM by TheInquisition.)
(31-10-2014 03:30 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 03:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  I don't. How the fuck, if it moves, does one attribute it to silly boy's God?

Alas, we shall have to take TheInquisition's word for our preliminary results.

Perhaps in the vanishingly unlikely event that anything at all happens, we can look into expanding our study.

That is a problem, all I can say is that I'm worth having faith in. Big Grin But if a theist doesn't believe me because I'm a skeptic, maybe they can understand why we don't believe them when making faith claims.

I feel compelled to quote my sig again - The tree of delusion is nourished by the vague promises and skewed perception of prayer.

Is god unwilling to move the marble? If he won't do a trivial task such as this, then why would he do anything else requiring more faith, more energy, more capability?

Is god unaware of this marble? Then he is not all knowing, also this is an example of an incapable god, thereby undercutting claims of omnipotence.

Is god unable to move the marble? Than why call this god?

Can we make excuses for why god was unwilling, unaware or unable that are based on skewed perception and interpretations of your holy text? Yes we can!

BTW- The marbles didn't move last night, I even broke my decades-old record and said a prayer for god to move the marble in Jesus name Amen.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
01-11-2014, 06:49 AM
We're entering the bonus round here, my wife and I are going out of town for a vacation over the weekend. I'll leave it out until Monday afternoon to see if it changes while we're gone, my security cam will constantly record while we're gone. As long as a squirrel or something doesn't hop on the table and move it or a earthquake or fire doesn't destroy my house, nothing's going to happen to those marbles. It's time to show us atheists we're fools according to Psalms 14:1.

BTW-Those are cheap plastic marbles so they're lighter than glass marbles, so it will require substantially less force for them to move. See how flexible I'm being for god? All he has to do is move a tiny little plastic marble about one inch.

You'll have all of Saturday, Sunday and afternoon Monday to make the little plastic marble move. You can plead, demand, announce the glory and power of your god to move the little marble and make a fool out of someone that's openly challenging your god.

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
01-11-2014, 07:41 AM
(01-11-2014 06:49 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  We're entering the bonus round here, my wife and I are going out of town for a vacation over the weekend. I'll leave it out until Monday afternoon to see if it changes while we're gone, my security cam will constantly record while we're gone. As long as a squirrel or something doesn't hop on the table and move it or a earthquake or fire doesn't destroy my house, nothing's going to happen to those marbles. It's time to show us atheists we're fools according to Psalms 14:1.

BTW-Those are cheap plastic marbles so they're lighter than glass marbles, so it will require substantially less force for them to move. See how flexible I'm being for god? All he has to do is move a tiny little plastic marble about one inch.

You'll have all of Saturday, Sunday and afternoon Monday to make the little plastic marble move. You can plead, demand, announce the glory and power of your god to move the little marble and make a fool out of someone that's openly challenging your god.

Research note: I had to exchange the multicolored marbles for black marbles, my security cam doesn't have very good contrast and was having difficulty showing the light colored marbles.
I'm doing amateur science here!

[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post