Argument for God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2013, 10:14 AM
RE: Argument for God
(03-04-2013 10:12 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 10:09 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Patience? Or patients?

I dedided to leave it for your pleszure.

Really? That's Kewl.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
03-04-2013, 10:40 AM
(03-04-2013 09:48 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 09:32 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  See how that works? Theist discussion always leads to ad hom and division. Dodgy

I know the truth, and if you are too dumb to understand... it's off to Hollywood with ya. And! You just wanna sin. Admit it. Tongue

You're evading. Answer the fish question or admit that your entire premise is built on a false assumption.

Oh and, I just sinned a few minutes ago and yes, I do want to sin again. But I can't sin twice in a row anymore. I could when I was younger though.

My entire premise is based upon... Gwyneth. So there! What was the question? Consider

(Gwynnie showed up, so I'm all confused.) Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-04-2013, 11:44 AM
(03-04-2013 04:38 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 11:44 PM)Egor Wrote:  Given your definitions, how could a “thing” not exist?

Easy.

I can think of a human with 12 functional arms. I can think of a 100' tall human. I can think of a robot bigger than Mount Everest made of ice cream and gumdrops. I can think of an invisible pink unicorn or a flying spaghetti monster. I can think of Yahweh.

All these are examples of what I can think about, making them "things" by my definition, but none of them exist.

Do I know for a fact that none of them exist? Nope. But there has never been any credible recorded evidence that any of them exist and all of them are unrealistic myths (at best) so until I find some real evidence to convince me about any of them, I'm quite satisfied to assume that none of them exist.

Those things you are thinking of are concepts and exist as such.
03-04-2013, 11:45 AM
(03-04-2013 11:44 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 04:38 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Easy.

I can think of a human with 12 functional arms. I can think of a 100' tall human. I can think of a robot bigger than Mount Everest made of ice cream and gumdrops. I can think of an invisible pink unicorn or a flying spaghetti monster. I can think of Yahweh.

All these are examples of what I can think about, making them "things" by my definition, but none of them exist.

Do I know for a fact that none of them exist? Nope. But there has never been any credible recorded evidence that any of them exist and all of them are unrealistic myths (at best) so until I find some real evidence to convince me about any of them, I'm quite satisfied to assume that none of them exist.

Those things you are thinking of are concepts and exist at least as such.
03-04-2013, 11:48 AM
(03-04-2013 10:40 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 09:48 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  You're evading. Answer the fish question or admit that your entire premise is built on a false assumption.

Oh and, I just sinned a few minutes ago and yes, I do want to sin again. But I can't sin twice in a row anymore. I could when I was younger though.

My entire premise is based upon... Gwyneth. So there! What was the question? Consider

(Gwynnie showed up, so I'm all confused.) Big Grin

You can't ignore the lemonfish debacle. You can try, but we will always remember it. And when you face St. Peter and he refuses to let you through the pearly gates.... it will be because of the lemonfish debacle.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
03-04-2013, 11:50 AM
(02-04-2013 02:47 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 02:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yes and no...

Next.

I need to use you for an example: You are disqualified from this discussion.

You will not argue in good faith, which makes you an intellectual coward. If that's not it, then you apparently can't tell the difference between something existing or not existing, in which case you're out of your mind and again, disqualified. Also you reveal that you haven't even thought about your atheism, which means your point of view isn't worth considering.

Feel free to stick around and be atheistic background noise. That seems to be what you're good at anyway. Dodgy

So, Erxy, what exactly was it you liked about Egor's response?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
03-04-2013, 11:54 AM
(03-04-2013 09:48 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 09:32 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  See how that works? Theist discussion always leads to ad hom and division. Dodgy

I know the truth, and if you are too dumb to understand... it's off to Hollywood with ya. And! You just wanna sin. Admit it. Tongue

You're evading. Answer the fish question or admit that your entire premise is built on a false assumption.

It is nice being a girl. I can sin multiple times in a row and then a few minutes later...sin more....

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-04-2013, 11:55 AM
(03-04-2013 09:04 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Egor is conflating the concept of a thing and the thing itself. It's an equivocation fallacy.

He actually hasn't made this equivocation yet. You and others are just assuming that's where he is going.
03-04-2013, 11:55 AM
(03-04-2013 11:54 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It is nice being a girl. I can sin multiple times in a row and then a few minutes later...sin more....

Pics or it didn't happen.... Big Grin

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
03-04-2013, 11:58 AM
(03-04-2013 11:55 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 11:54 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It is nice being a girl. I can sin multiple times in a row and then a few minutes later...sin more....

Pics or it didn't happen.... Big Grin

A picture? Really? How wouod that properly show multiple sinnings?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon