Argument from Ignorance vs. Argument from Silence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 08:57 AM
RE: Argument from Ignorance vs. Argument from Silence
(02-10-2015 08:55 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 08:45 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I've already explicitly told you my belief multiple times. Your reading comprehension is fucking awful.

No, you're just a muddled thinker. Since you claim that I have the burden of proof, that would imply that you have no position of your own, that you neither support the mythicist or a secular historicist position like that of Ehrman. That the burden of proof falls on both on these parties to convince you one way or the other?

Isn't that an accurate summary of your position?

No, it isn't accurate. You need to actually read what I write (for instance, I don't know anything about what Bart Ehrman believes, so why would I ever say I agree with him?)

If all you have are dishonest attempts to straw man me, then you should fuck off Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2015, 09:03 AM
(02-10-2015 08:57 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  No, it isn't accurate. You need to actually read what I write (for instance, I don't know anything about what Bart Ehrman believes, so why would I ever say I agree with him?)

If all you have are dishonest attempts to straw man me, then you should fuck off Drinking Beverage

You should probably read Erhman "Did Jesus Exist?", for some degree of competence on the subject.

But go ahead state your position on the historicity vs mythicist debate, if it's not that we should avoid claiming one way or the other.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
02-10-2015, 09:06 AM
(02-10-2015 09:03 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 08:57 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  No, it isn't accurate. You need to actually read what I write (for instance, I don't know anything about what Bart Ehrman believes, so why would I ever say I agree with him?)

You should probably read Erhman "Did Jesus Exist?", for some degree of competence on the subject.

But go ahead state your position on the historicity vs mythicist debate, if it's not that we should avoid claiming one way or the other.

Because I can't have an opinion if I don't read he books you say I should ?0_o

Your stupidity reaches a new level Facepalm

-Rick
02-10-2015, 09:10 AM
(02-10-2015 09:06 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Because I can't have an opinion if I don't read he books you say I should ?0_o

Sure you can have an opinion, just like every creotard is free to have an opinion on evolution, while being almost entirely ignorant on the subject.

But go ahead state your opinion on the historicity vs mythicist debate, if it's not that we should avoid claiming one way or the other.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
02-10-2015, 09:18 AM
(02-10-2015 09:10 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:06 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Because I can't have an opinion if I don't read he books you say I should ?0_o

Sure you can have an opinion, just like every creotard is free to have an opinion on evolution, while being almost entirely ignorant on the subject.

But go ahead state your opinion on the historicity vs mythicist debate, if it's not that we should avoid claiming one way or the other.

So, you're the expert? Laugh out load

Just because I haven't read the books you suggest, doesn't mean I haven't sought to inform myself on the subject. So, if the best insult you have is to compare me to a "creatard," you should find a new one. It doesn't seem to work.

-Rick
04-10-2015, 01:19 AM
(02-10-2015 09:03 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  You should probably read Erhman "Did Jesus Exist?", for some degree of competence on the subject.
How about
  • The Christ Myth Theory and It's Problems by Robert Price
  • Did Jesus Exist by G.A. Wells
  • The Greatest Story Ever Sold by D.M. Murdock
  • The Jesus Puzzle by Earl Doherty
  • On the Historicity of Jesus by Richard Carrier

Sapere aude
[+] 2 users Like f stop's post
04-10-2015, 04:55 AM
(04-10-2015 01:19 AM)f stop Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:03 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  You should probably read Erhman "Did Jesus Exist?", for some degree of competence on the subject.
How about
  • The Christ Myth Theory and It's Problems by Robert Price
  • Did Jesus Exist by G.A. Wells
  • The Greatest Story Ever Sold by D.M. Murdock
  • The Jesus Puzzle by Earl Doherty
  • On the Historicity of Jesus by Richard Carrier

Also, if Free sees this list and tries to jump at you, just ignore him. Free is entirely incapable of actually engaging with people on this topic.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]