Arguments FOR God/Religion Beyond the Cliches

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2013, 03:05 PM
RE: Arguments FOR God/Religion Beyond the Cliches
(07-08-2013 02:53 PM)Jay666 Wrote:  Time and space are inextricably linked to the universe so there can be no before or outside of this universe.

I wouldn't know Tongue It's an interesting trick, this defining the problem away, and I do know that spacetime is pretty much a property of this universe according to good ol' Einstein... but I can't quite liberate myself from thinking in terms of a gas expanding to fill a space or something similar.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2013, 03:10 PM
(07-08-2013 02:40 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(07-08-2013 02:32 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  I think it was my uncle that once asked me: "Before the big bang, before the existence of the world and everything we know. What was then? What started it all, before the big bang which started all we know?".

I'm not sure it's the best argument, but to this day, it's still one of the things I can't answer.
Even if, by chance, some brainiac one day told me "oh, we have discovered what was before the big bang" (which by the way, probably is waay to complicated for me to understand), then I guess the question would be; "what was before that"?
Eventually there will be a point, where we can no longer answer "what was before", and it seems to some people the logical reason is that at one point all there was, was God.

Not sure if it makes any sense?

Did you Re-Spec as a cat-bird? Dude, how grumpy can you be if you can freakin' FLY?

Oh wait... still live in a burrow...

Fly? What?

No seriously, what?
07-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Is this Diablo666?

07-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Oh sorry, I suppose I will answer. First off you must define god. There is a lot of evidence to support the Pharaohs existence.

As for there being an creator of everything, no. No good argument to be made. At best it's possible with no evidence. At worst it is ludicrous.

07-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Because we have evidence like birth certificates,photos and more of gwyneth

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 2 users Like Lightvader's post
08-08-2013, 06:12 PM
(07-08-2013 11:01 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Because we have evidence like birth certificates,photos and more of gwyneth

Yes, I am a viral vector. Big Grin

"God" exists as a fundamental unit of communication. A self-aware entity, separate from self, creating shit? There's no reason to think the universe works like that, and every reason to think that it doesn't. Even hidden in the complexities of the Abrahamics, the name of god is "I AM."

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
08-08-2013, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2013 07:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-08-2013 06:12 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "God" exists as a fundamental unit of communication. A self-aware entity, separate from self, creating shit? There's no reason to think the universe works like that, and every reason to think that it doesn't. Even hidden in the complexities of the Abrahamics, the name of god is "I AM."

^ What he said. Thumbsup

(07-08-2013 02:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Ask hoc and Girly. They know about the Eastern concept of Tao, more than most.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post