Arguments against religion, not to defend atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2016, 01:41 PM
RE: Arguments against religion, not to defend atheism?
I will defend my religion chucksterism to death. I will destroy all the motherfuckers that blasphemes against chuck Norris.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2016, 02:04 PM
(02-10-2016 01:41 PM)Leo Wrote:  I will defend my religion chucksterism to death. I will destroy all the motherfuckers that blasphemes against chuck Norris.

But....

.... why is that even necessary?

.... are you implying that Chuck Norris can't effortlessly do the same thing?
02-10-2016, 02:34 PM
What kind of argument could I come up with to say to someone who believes fictional characters are real ?

I could say "Don't teach that shit to your kids. Have a nice day."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
05-10-2016, 11:04 PM
(02-10-2016 08:52 AM)Jokurix Wrote:  Please post anything that comes to mind, I know there's tons of websites with this kind of information, but I feel like it's all copypasta and prefer to discuss with people in a forum.

Here's a good website with some interesting and funny contradictions: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

More resources here from another forum: http://www.achristianandanatheist.com/ph...=39&t=1115
08-10-2016, 10:58 AM
I simply ask how do we know it is so. Can we show this to be true. How do you know this is true. Does it matter what is true.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
08-10-2016, 09:02 PM
(08-10-2016 10:58 AM)natachan Wrote:  I simply ask how do we know it is so. Can we show this to be true. How do you know this is true. Does it matter what is true.
The very same can be said to the atheist though.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
08-10-2016, 11:13 PM
(08-10-2016 09:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 10:58 AM)natachan Wrote:  I simply ask how do we know it is so. Can we show this to be true. How do you know this is true. Does it matter what is true.

How is what known or what shown to be true...? Is it then asking How is not believing known or shown?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-10-2016, 11:40 PM
(02-10-2016 10:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What's that smell?

Burnt toast?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
09-10-2016, 05:09 AM
(08-10-2016 09:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  

I disagree. My conclusion as an atheist is simply that the god claim has not been sufficiently justified. That's it. If I am wrong, then prove it. Justify the belief. I will change my mind in an instant if I find that I am wrong.

Atheism does not have beliefs. Only the statement that the theist has not demonstrated their claim. So if you think I'm wrong, prove me wrong. Define your claim coherently and then justify it.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
09-10-2016, 05:23 AM
(09-10-2016 05:09 AM)natachan Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 09:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The very same can be said to the atheist though.

I disagree. My conclusion as an atheist is simply that the god claim has not been sufficiently justified. That's it. If I am wrong, then prove it. Justify the belief. I will change my mind in an instant if I find that I am wrong.

Atheism does not have beliefs. Only the statement that the theist has not demonstrated their claim. So if you think I'm wrong, prove me wrong. Define your claim coherently and then justify it.
Atheism is a claim as well though, and too could be used to prove theists wrong, but similarly can't be proven.