Arguments agaisnt Materialism

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-02-2017, 10:16 AM
RE: Arguments agaisnt Materialism
(24-02-2017 10:07 AM)Naielis Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 09:48 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And that proves you are delusional, (as well as a VERY poor debater), just that you don't read what people write, just what you want to see and interpret in your own way to support your delusions.
You have NEVER EVER demonstrated what you say about me is true.
You admitted your core beliefs have changed by any normal definition.
So now you can add liar to the list of what describes you.

I'm actually extremely skilled in debate. I never admitted my core beliefs changed. That's a lie. Then in your next sentence you call me a liar... Bucky you are a very special person.

Nice try. Fail again, Nelly.
You are an AWFUL debater. A shit poor debater.
You HAVE admitted your core beliefs have changed IN THIS THREAD.
Deists and agnostic atheists do not hold the same core beliefs, Liar Nelly.
You have NEVER EVER demonstrated what you claim about Materialism not being able to fully explain my position.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-02-2017, 10:33 AM
(24-02-2017 10:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 10:07 AM)Naielis Wrote:  I'm actually extremely skilled in debate. I never admitted my core beliefs changed. That's a lie. Then in your next sentence you call me a liar... Bucky you are a very special person.

Nice try. Fail again, Nelly.
You have NEVER EVER demonstrated what you claim about Materialism not being able to fully explain my position.

Deists and agnostics certainly can hold the same core beliefs. Again, you need to research foundationalism. At this point you're just not educated enough on the topic of core beliefs within foundationalist epistemology. I have demonstrated numerous times that materialism fails to account for certain necessary or known ontology. Try reading what I say before you talk about it.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
24-02-2017, 10:39 AM
Hopefully by the time you finish your education Naiells you won't need to cling so tightly to various descriptors to announce your positions. By then you should realize that there are no 'right' theories to hold and that every position has disadvantages as well as points in its favor. Rather than being so eager to pin all the downside of positions onto others you need to learn to cope with the complexity of your own positions.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 5 users Like whateverist's post
24-02-2017, 10:45 AM
(24-02-2017 10:33 AM)Naielis Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 10:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nice try. Fail again, Nelly.

Deists and agnostics certainly can hold the same core beliefs. Again, you need to research foundationalism. At this point you're just not educated enough on the topic of core beliefs within foundationalist epistemology. I have demonstrated numerous times that materialism fails to account for certain necessary or known ontology. Try reading what I say before you talk about it.

That is hysterical. YOU telling others they are not educated enough is hilarious.
You HAVE NEVER demonstrated what you claim about Materialism. You TRIED to, and failed. You think you did, as you are delusional. You are also dishonest. Deists and agnostics do not hold the same core beliefs in the real world. They may in your delusional world. I already told you I REJECT the notion of Foundationalism, and you never ever demonstrated there was any reason to accept it. You WISH you had. You didn't. You think (as all infants) you are the center of the universe, and everyone revolves around your tiny delusional world.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-02-2017, 11:19 AM
(24-02-2017 10:33 AM)Naielis Wrote:  I have demonstrated numerous times that materialism fails to account for certain necessary or known ontology.

You really, really haven't.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
24-02-2017, 11:26 AM
(24-02-2017 10:39 AM)whateverist Wrote:  Hopefully by the time you finish your education Naiells you won't need to cling so tightly to various descriptors to announce your positions. By then you should realize that there are no 'right' theories to hold and that every position has disadvantages as well as points in its favor. Rather than being so eager to pin all the downside of positions onto others you need to learn to cope with the complexity of your own positions.

I know that every system has it's issues but I think some have unsolvable issues. But you're certainly right about the complexity of the topic.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
24-02-2017, 11:29 AM
(24-02-2017 11:19 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 10:33 AM)Naielis Wrote:  I have demonstrated numerous times that materialism fails to account for certain necessary or known ontology.

You really, really haven't.

How about you all respond to my arguments instead of just asserting they don't work. Go back to my explanation of models in foundations. Also, you really need to do some more research on rigid designators if you're not getting the concept. It's important.

24-02-2017, 11:30 AM
(24-02-2017 10:45 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 10:33 AM)Naielis Wrote:  Deists and agnostics certainly can hold the same core beliefs. Again, you need to research foundationalism. At this point you're just not educated enough on the topic of core beliefs within foundationalist epistemology. I have demonstrated numerous times that materialism fails to account for certain necessary or known ontology. Try reading what I say before you talk about it.

That is hysterical. YOU telling others they are not educated enough is hilarious.
You HAVE NEVER demonstrated what you claim about Materialism. You TRIED to, and failed. You think you did, as you are delusional. You are also dishonest. Deists and agnostics do not hold the same core beliefs in the real world. They may in your delusional world. I already told you I REJECT the notion of Foundationalism, and you never ever demonstrated there was any reason to accept it. You WISH you had. You didn't. You think (as all infants) you are the center of the universe, and everyone revolves around your tiny delusional world.

Lol

24-02-2017, 11:55 AM
(24-02-2017 11:30 AM)Naielis Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 10:45 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That is hysterical. YOU telling others they are not educated enough is hilarious.

Lol

That's what I expected.
You have nothing.
You can't support Foundational epistomology.
You have no argument against Materialism.
You have no evidence for Dualism.

No matter.
In 5 minutes you'll change your mind about your core beliefs.
Then you'll deny it.

24-02-2017, 12:15 PM
(24-02-2017 11:29 AM)Naielis Wrote:  How about you all respond to my arguments instead of just asserting they don't work.

I have explained why they do not work. You simply ignored and-slash-or failed to grasp the explanations, so you are now pretending that they never happened.

You can hand any schlub a philosophy textbook, but you can't make him think.

(24-02-2017 11:29 AM)Naielis Wrote:  Also, you really need to do some more research on rigid designators if you're not getting the concept. It's important.

I fully understand the concept. It is simply wrong, and I have explained to you how and why it is wrong.

Again, you simply failed to understand, because you lack the grounding necessary to actually participate in these discussions - and, then, again, your overblown ego forced you to try and pass your own failings off on others. You have consistently and repeatedly failed to reply any sort of real rebuttal to any of the points raised in response to anything you say. You simply repeat the initial fallacies and pretend that they were never dealt with.

As I have already said, your constant condescension and refusal to actually listen to those who are correcting your mistakes have used up whatever patience anyone here initially had for you. No one cares to try and teach you anything more.

Because trying to teach someone who already considers themselves perfect, despite all evidence to the contrary, is a waste of time.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post