Arguments agaisnt Materialism

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-04-2017, 11:54 PM
RE: Arguments agaisnt Materialism
(07-04-2017 11:44 PM)Naielis Wrote:  
(07-04-2017 10:52 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So, how is Naielis' work on his Nobel Prize winning thesis going?

Oh, no progress?

Color me surprised.

Irrelevant ad hominem.

Yo dipshit, a ad hominem is a specific logical fallacy. One where you make an insult in the place of an argument. Since I'm not making or responding to a logical argument, it is simply not a ad hominem. It's a regular old insult, dumbass.

Man, and you want to fight materialism with bullshit pulled out of your ass, and you can't even get baseline Rational Wiki stuff straight? Go fuck yourself.

[Image: 1623058-9791crowbar.jpg]

^ Here is your complimentary crowbar, please use it to dislocate your cranium from your rectal cavity. ^

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2017, 11:55 PM
(07-04-2017 10:52 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So, how is Naielis' work on his Nobel Prize winning thesis going?

Oh, no progress?

Color me surprised.

There's a conspiracy against things that have no detectable effect on reality, even if true. It's some proper third-eye shit. The government put this stuff in the air that makes people ask for evidence. It makes me sick.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
07-04-2017, 11:57 PM
(07-04-2017 11:55 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  

Oh, no progress?

Color me surprised.

There's a conspiracy against things that have no detectable effect on reality, even if true. It's some proper third-eye shit. The government put this stuff in the air that makes people ask for evidence. It makes me sick.

[Image: jet_fuel.png]

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-04-2017, 11:58 PM
(07-04-2017 02:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Because it's NOT a metaphysical position. It's the commonly accepted SCIENTIFIC position.

It is a metaphysical position.

Quote:Nope. Troll, YOU repeatedly told me I had FAILED to "do the reduction" which NOW you claim is not even possible.

Are you kidding? This entire time I've been saying the reduction is impossible. And I was asking for you to demonstrate that you could perform the reduction. I didn't change on this at all. You said you read my entire paper? Apparently the words went in one ear and out the other.

Quote:Yet you just admitted that DRUGS prescribed by Psychiatrists can change "brain states"

Yes of course. Why does that mean that emotion has a position?

Quote:Yeah. I'm done here. You're just back to the same old woo bullshit positions. You know nothing about Neuro-chemistry, yet feel qualified to opine on where happiness exists or does not exist.

What a monumental waste of time.

Bucky, you're done here because you lost.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
08-04-2017, 01:53 AM
(07-04-2017 11:55 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  

Oh, no progress?

Color me surprised.

Metaphysics is not about whether something has an effect on reality. It's about finding out what things actually exist. Perhaps you do not care as much about truth as I do?

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
08-04-2017, 02:45 AM
(08-04-2017 01:53 AM)Naielis Wrote:  
(07-04-2017 11:55 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  There's a conspiracy against things that have no detectable effect on reality, even if true. It's some proper third-eye shit. The government put this stuff in the air that makes people ask for evidence. It makes me sick.

Metaphysics is not about whether something has an effect on reality. It's about finding out what things actually exist. Perhaps you do not care as much about truth as I do?

Truth? Is that what they call groundless speculation in your part of the world? Consider

08-04-2017, 03:35 AM
(08-04-2017 02:45 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 01:53 AM)Naielis Wrote:  Metaphysics is not about whether something has an effect on reality. It's about finding out what things actually exist. Perhaps you do not care as much about truth as I do?

Truth? Is that what they call groundless speculation in your part of the world? Consider

So you agree with everything I say but I'm groundlessly speculating because I use the term property dualist?

08-04-2017, 03:49 AM
(08-04-2017 01:53 AM)Naielis Wrote:  
(07-04-2017 11:55 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  There's a conspiracy against things that have no detectable effect on reality, even if true. It's some proper third-eye shit. The government put this stuff in the air that makes people ask for evidence. It makes me sick.

No, it's really not. It's about speculating about mechanisms which may or may not exist or be required, beyond our ability to detect.

To find out something about reality, you need to refer back to it and check what you think you have learned. That is called science. You need a testable, falsifiable hypothesis. But you can't even define the terms you use. All you do is try to poke holes in actual science, regarding subjects you are ill-equipped to discuss. You could spend this time learning about the things you're trying to refute, rather than trying to hand-wave it all away with incredulity.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
08-04-2017, 04:02 AM
(08-04-2017 03:35 AM)Naielis Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 02:45 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Truth? Is that what they call groundless speculation in your part of the world? Consider

So you agree with everything I say but I'm groundlessly speculating because I use the term property dualist?

When did I agree with everything you said, dipshit? Laugh out load

I didn't realize that having a little common ground was considered blanket acceptance of your flailing around in metaphysical bullshit. Do you even English where you come from? Laugh out load

08-04-2017, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2017 06:07 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(07-04-2017 11:58 PM)Naielis Wrote:  It is a metaphysical position.

Not because some pipsqueak psuedo-intellectual snob asserts it to be so.

Quote:This is because many scientists hold to Identity Theory.

Baseless assertion. Two papers are not "many scientists".

Quote:Yes of course. Why does that mean that emotion has a position?

There is no hope for you.
YET again, thanks for demonstrating you know NOTHING about how brains work.
http://news.mit.edu/2016/brain-processes...ssion-0331

Quote:Bucky, you're done here because you lost.

Funny. NO one else here agrees with you.
You STILL have never answered the questions asked of you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.