Arguments agaisnt Materialism

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-02-2017, 10:15 AM
RE: Arguments agaisnt Materialism
(22-02-2017 10:03 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 09:43 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Am very tired. Is there a 'Simpler' or 'Layman's' way of wording Naielis' above ideas?

Sure.

"Dualism is real because reasons. Those reasons can't be explained and there's no evidence for them. See Rupert Sheldrake."

Go git some sleep.

You know, in your rep comment, you say you tried to reason with me. This is a lie. You didn't read a word of what I said. You don't care if what I say is true or false or if it makes sense to you. You chose a side and now you're tribally sticking with it. How about you actually address the paragraph I wrote out instead of dismissing it.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2017, 10:18 AM
At work.

(22-02-2017 10:15 AM)Naielis Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 10:03 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Sure.

"Dualism is real because reasons. Those reasons can't be explained and there's no evidence for them. See Rupert Sheldrake."

Go git some sleep.

You know, in your rep comment, you say you tried to reason with me. This is a lie. You didn't read a word of what I said. You don't care if what I say is true or false or if it makes sense to you. You chose a side and now you're tribally sticking with it. How about you actually address the paragraph I wrote out instead of dismissing it.

Actually Naielis it was an electronic shoulder offered by some one in this forum comunity to another who mentioned some stresses.

Please be alittle more thinking and considerate of others?

Also, due to fatigue and other factors, "Kindly F@CK OFF!" When it comes to trying to belittle some one who was offering help to myself.
22-02-2017, 10:21 AM
(22-02-2017 10:15 AM)Naielis Wrote:  How about you actually address the paragraph I wrote out instead of dismissing it.

Because we've been over this repeatedly and you have yet to show any evidence whatsoever of dualism.

It was discredited back in the 1600s, yet you're still hanging on to it.

Meanwhile, I have been abundantly clear, shown you, with evidence, how dualism fails, backed up my data... and you've continued to talk in circles.

That's not tribal; on the contrary, it's based on reason and evidence.

If anyone is being tribal, it's you, sticking to a point which you have been repeatedly shown is false.

There's really no point in discussing this further.
22-02-2017, 10:21 AM
(22-02-2017 10:18 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

(22-02-2017 10:15 AM)Naielis Wrote:  You know, in your rep comment, you say you tried to reason with me. This is a lie. You didn't read a word of what I said. You don't care if what I say is true or false or if it makes sense to you. You chose a side and now you're tribally sticking with it. How about you actually address the paragraph I wrote out instead of dismissing it.

Actually Naielis it was an electronic shoulder offered by some one in this forum comunity to another who mentioned some stresses.

Also, due to fatigue and other factors, "F@CK OFF!"

I'm the one arguing for more consideration here. He misrepresented my argument purposefully. It doesn't matter if he was doing it for your benefit. It was dishonest. He didn't consider reading my argument at all.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
22-02-2017, 10:24 AM
At work.

(22-02-2017 10:21 AM)Naielis Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 10:18 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Also, due to fatigue and other factors, "F@CK OFF!"

I'm the one arguing for more consideration here. He misrepresented my argument purposefully. It doesn't matter if he was doing it for your benefit. It was dishonest. He didn't consider reading my argument at all.

You are again both missing the previous point and effectivly doubling down on the error.

Take the advice of an old codger and dig UPWARDS.
22-02-2017, 10:27 AM
(22-02-2017 10:24 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  You are again both missing the previous point and effectivly doubling down on the error.

Take the advice of an old codger and dig UPWARDS.

I've been giving him a lot of slack given that he's just 17 (apparently) and I did/said some really dumb stuff at that age. But my patience is wearing thin; I have exactly zero people on my ignore list - I figure I can learn something from pretty much anyone, even Trump supporters and theists - but he's itching to be the first.
22-02-2017, 10:34 AM
At work.

Naielis is indeed young and quite bright. I too remember being so young and full of... um.. stuff and vinegar. Smile

I am hoping the young buck does begin to 'Learn'.

The wonder of the internet is the amazing volume of interactions one can have with humanity at large...

Or 'Humanity in the wild' as it were. Smile
22-02-2017, 10:40 AM
(22-02-2017 10:21 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Because we've been over this repeatedly and you have yet to show any evidence whatsoever of dualism.

I've given three arguments now.

Quote:It was discredited back in the 1600s, yet you're still hanging on to it.

Jesus fucking Christ are you serious? https://www.quora.com/Has-Cartesian-Dual...oven-wrong

Quote:Meanwhile, I have been abundantly clear, shown you, with evidence, how dualism fails, backed up my data... and you've continued to talk in circles.

That's not tribal; on the contrary, it's based on reason and evidence.

If anyone is being tribal, it's you, sticking to a point which you have been repeatedly shown is false.

There's really no point in discussing this further.

When in the hell do you think you showed how dualism fails? These statements are just so absurd that it's actually sad you aren't embarassed for even thinking them. There are plenty of people in the intelligencia who are dualists. That includes scientists.

22-02-2017, 10:43 AM
(22-02-2017 10:34 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Naielis is indeed young and quite bright. I too remember being so young and full of... um.. stuff and vinegar. Smile

I am hoping the young buck does begin to 'Learn'.

The wonder of the internet is the amazing volume of interactions one can have with humanity at large...

Or 'Humanity in the wild' as it were. Smile

Can we please stop with the patronizing comments. It's become apparent that I've "learned" a great deal more about philosophy than anyone here.

22-02-2017, 10:47 AM
Arguments are not evidence. Facepalm

You have been told OVER AND OVER that there are perfectly correct logical systems that do not obtain in reality. In fact it's YOU who are being totally dense and refusing to even consider what others have said.

You have presented NOT ONE SHRED of evidence for dualism, and in fact, with respect to brains and neural systems, what we know, in fact, based on cognition being 100% related to healthy function, that is actually evidence against it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.