Arguments for the prohibition of drugs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Arguments for the prohibition of drugs
A liberal kills people without a trial and does it in the open, a conservative is someone who supports killing people without a trial then denies it.

What is the difference between a liberal and a conservative? Oh that's right, there aren't any.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2013, 10:21 AM
RE: Arguments for the prohibition of drugs
(03-03-2013 09:51 AM)I and I Wrote:  A liberal kills people without a trial and does it in the open, a conservative is someone who supports killing people without a trial then denies it.

What is the difference between a liberal and a conservative? Oh that's right, there aren't any.
If what you say is true.... and we could ask the dead.... then yeah.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2013, 11:08 AM
(02-03-2013 08:30 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  X, the problem with you equating liberal to mean progress is your definition of liberal is fucked up, and what it takes to satisfy your definition of progress is a pretty low. Some things you may consider progress I would consider regress or stagnation, status quo bullshit.

I didn't equate liberal to mean "progress". I also can't recall defining progress. At least, not intentionally.

I just gave the definition of liberal as it's seen defined by most sources, that fits with what I have learned and/or been taught, that corresponds with the historical context, as I understand it, and that also reflects the way I see it, accurately, being used in communication, both in a general and political sense.

You seemed to think that the way I described liberal was incorrect, that libertarians are inherently liberal, that liberal didn't apply to certain people, etc., and I just disagreed and explained why.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
03-03-2013, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 11:25 AM by TrulyX.)
(03-03-2013 09:51 AM)I and I Wrote:  A liberal kills people without a trial and does it in the open, a conservative is someone who supports killing people without a trial then denies it.

One thing I would say, disregarding liberal and conservative, is that there are people on the right uniquely able to endure the smell of their own shit, in the same way the people who continually lie can start believing it as truth.

It's a trait that I have to say any person should envy. They can even go to the extent of being proven incorrect, or having loads of evidence to the contrary, and are still will not be, even in the slightest way, shaken while maintaining their views.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
04-03-2013, 01:59 AM
Ah, I'm bored with this conversation now, but I will say that I inferred your definition from the culmination of your posts and the thoughts you expressed...

Anyhow, I think we'll just have to say the we have a difference of opinion on how certain political terms should be defined. I gave my reasons, you gave yours and neither of us changed our mind, at least I didn't. Whatever man, that's just how it goes sometimes, different perspectives.

04-03-2013, 05:31 AM
Re: Arguments for the prohibition of drugs
I think the latter part if this thread has made an argument for the prohibition of drugs...

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson