Arguments theists might use but don't

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2011, 08:26 AM
RE: Arguments theists might use but don't
If theists would understand what "those quantum physics" are then they would have found all sorts of quality explanations for all those miracles... Those damn quantumnes...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm pretty sure that, in the days magnetism was discovered, there where theists claiming that magnetism was God's way to manipulate the world.
Too bad Lucky we didn't have the Internet back then. Imagine sites like "Magnets: How do they wo..."

wait a minute... Confused

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
25-07-2011, 09:48 AM
You are making one fatal flaw with your assumption that a theist use this as a "good" argument....they screw up the most basic concepts of science when they misuse the word theory, they understand nothing about genes, evolution, or even deep time, they are incapable of fathoming radiometric dating being accurate so they bend the laws of physics to make those work. In short they have to know what science is and understand it in order to make a rational argument using it...and if they did that then they would abandon the concept of the Judaeo-christian god anyways.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
25-07-2011, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2011 10:39 AM by Filox.)
You all talk with some strange language, using all those fancy words like "genomnes" and "radiometrics dating", it is the easiest way to confuse us good and God-fearing Christians, you just invent new words that sound good and mean nothing and then you are "making" your case... Try speaking with Gods language, let us all understand you, you science-loving satanists! You, with your books and knowledge, I spit in your general direction! *SPIT*

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
25-07-2011, 10:31 AM
(25-07-2011 10:27 AM)Filox Wrote:  You all talk with some strange language, using all those fancy words like "genomnes" and "radiometrics dating", it is the easiest way to confuse us good and God-fearing Christians, you just invent new words that sound good and mean nothing and then you are "making" your case... Try speaking with Gods language, let us all understand you, you science-loving satanists! You, with your book and knowledge, I spit in your general direction! *SPIT*

Smile

The Earth doth be olde and thine ways be stupid for it is thoust religion that doth beith dumb.

Smile

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
25-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Duh?! Smile Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
25-07-2011, 10:50 AM
(25-07-2011 10:46 AM)Filox Wrote:  Duh?! Smile Smile

I am not sure if I used bible language or just plain olde English but I doth not know Hebrew.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
25-07-2011, 01:24 PM
This thread is failing badly. I was not talking about brain dead yeccies. I was talking about those who actually want to put up an honest intellectual fight. What sort of arguments might they come up with. Come on guys, let's play devil's advocate.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-07-2011, 04:16 PM
I can honestly not think of any rational arguments that do not require bending of the universes laws or apologist acrobatics. I once heard creationists try to use the arguments of DNA transcription and simple machines reproducing. The argument for DNA transcription was from a "scientist" who said it works just like an "assembly-line" and is perfect every time, therefore it had to be designed. This is easily refutable however by using evidence and rational thought so it does not qualify as a good argument. The simple machine one was even better. An engineer called into the radio show I was listening to (the same show I heard the "scientist" on. I was in the middle of VA hell and had nothing else to listen to). His example was that he has never seen a simple machine (like an inclined plane) reproduce itself so life had to have been created. Once again, this is an illogical argument that completely disregards all higher thought processes.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
25-07-2011, 07:29 PM
I thought mine was pretty good >.>

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.