Arguments to convince religious people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2014, 07:46 PM
RE: Arguments to convince religious people
In the bible, replace every instance of the word god with sasquatch. Do you now believe that sasquatch created the universe ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
02-07-2014, 02:22 AM
RE: Arguments to convince religious people
[/quote]
I will go ahead and try. No matter what angle you approach in arguing for the existence of God, the fact still remains that all scientific evidence points towards there being no God (even in the situations you've mentioned above). Even if there were such an argument for God that no evidence of science can go against, there would be no reason to believe in God because, again, virtually all scientific evidence points towards there being no God. You should believe whatever has more evidence to support it. In this case, science has more evidence. As for "evidence" for God, this can all be practically dis-proven by science. If you were to believe in God anyway, this would all go back to my reasoning of what you feel is not reality and that science is reality.

Quote:You say, "Science is how things work". I disagree.

Process is how things work. Science is our currently best method for discovering the processes.
There may be things currently beyond our understanding of science at this moment. But so far, science has so far proven that everything works according to science and that there is nothing beyond science in terms of superstition.
[/quote]

HI,
That was good, however, the rebuttal that is the hardest to come back with is "the personal experience they had with god or JC".

Do not just stick to physics you may like to give some philosophy!
You will see that they have an emotional investment in there religion. And no matter how much evidence you give them it will not change them! (Confirmation bias) So when you are in a debate you are not out to convert them but to change the mind of the person listening to it! If not change there mind get them to ask the questions!

If you only stick to the physics you will never brake through!

However, I have enjoyed this chat! And thanks for giving my your time!!

K:

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply