Arian Foster is openly secular!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2015, 06:47 PM
Arian Foster is openly secular!
Anyone catch the ESPN story over the weekend about Houston Texans running back Arian Foster not believing in god? As an NFL fan and someone who lives in Texas I feel like this is a big deal because belief in god (specifically Jesus), is very intertwined in football culture.

I think its great that he came out and hopefully more will follow. Anyone else have thoughts or comments on this story?

If anyone is interested here is the link: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/133690...ieving-god
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rkane819's post
13-08-2015, 06:01 AM
RE: Arian Foster is openly secular!
What blows me away is this is considered news. Lots of people don't believe in God. Why do we care if one of them happens to play football? I don't recall that being a requite trait of football player or otherwise part of their contracts.
13-08-2015, 07:17 AM
Ok admins, let's merge this topic one more time.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-comes-out

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
13-08-2015, 07:18 AM
He has been openly atheist for several years, why ESPN only now picked up on it is anyone's guess.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
13-08-2015, 07:27 AM
(13-08-2015 06:01 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  What blows me away is this is considered news. Lots of people don't believe in God. Why do we care if one of them happens to play football? I don't recall that being a requite trait of football player or otherwise part of their contracts.

And in an ideal world someone would just give me $5billion.

[Image: oscar.png]
13-08-2015, 08:03 AM
(13-08-2015 06:01 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  What blows me away is this is considered news. Lots of people don't believe in God. Why do we care if one of them happens to play football? I don't recall that being a requite trait of football player or otherwise part of their contracts.

Because he's a cool looking, black guy. He's a a more appealing face of atheism, than a stuffy old white guy. And helps to erase some of the damage done in America who associate the face of atheism to Madalyn O'Hair types.

And little black and Mexican children, can one day aspire to be like him.