Ariel Castro

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Question Ariel Castro
FYI: I don't mean this to be insensitive to the victims of Ariel Castro.

However, how does one continue to believe in a God after being though what Ariel Castro's victims went through? How does that not make you say "Hey, maybe this Jesus loves you stuff is B.S.?"

In the court room to Ariel Castro one if his victims said to him: " you’re going to face hell for eternity!" and "What does God think of you hypocritically going to church each Sunday and then coming home to torture us?" Unsure

Religious people, why is your God praised and thanked when a person beats cancer, but not blamed or questioned when we have people like Ariel Castro. Oh, let me guess its because God works in mysterious ways? Dodgy

[Image: BMCz_10CEAAAG5S.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ashleypersuasion's post
02-08-2013, 01:56 PM
RE: Ariel Castro
They want to and they want someone like him to receive punishment for it that they consider worse than anything they could do.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
02-08-2013, 04:54 PM
You would at least expect them to follow a realistic path to satisfying their vindictive desires.

Jesus forgives. They should be praying to a Joe Pesci character, if they want his knee's to be broken. Or more realistically, a prison inmate who isn't very kind to child predators.

But, if a person were to stand in front of a courtroom and express a hope for a prisoner to beat him to death, they would have been looked down upon. As opposed to wishing that he be damned for eternity, which is viewed as a more acceptable.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
[+] 1 user Likes TrulyX's post
02-08-2013, 07:02 PM
"I'm not a monster, I'm sick."

No, you are a monster, sick monster's still a motherfucking monster.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
02-08-2013, 07:46 PM
(02-08-2013 01:54 PM)ashleypersuasion Wrote:  FYI: I don't mean this to be insensitive to the victims of Ariel Castro.

However, how does one continue to believe in a God after being though what Ariel Castro's victims went through? How does that not make you say "Hey, maybe this Jesus loves you stuff is B.S.?"

In the court room to Ariel Castro one if his victims said to him: " you’re going to face hell for eternity!" and "What does God think of you hypocritically going to church each Sunday and then coming home to torture us?" Unsure

Religious people, why is your God praised and thanked when a person beats cancer, but not blamed or questioned when we have people like Ariel Castro. Oh, let me guess its because God works in mysterious ways? Dodgy

I saw that when that other girl was taken years ago (think her family was Mormon) some guy had kidnapped her and when she was found her father went on national tv praising god -- because he just knew god would bring his daughter home. That god wanted his daughter with them....

Of course all the other children that were kidnapped (like Kevin Collins who's been missing since the mid 80s) didn't deserve to be retuned because their families weren't right with god?

God had nothing to do with those poor girls being kidnapped or returned.

Its upsetting to me on many levels.

Oh and they should NEVER have taken the death penalty off the table...now he gets to be a burden...

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Given that there are prone to be a lot of people in jail who suffered from child abuse, he isn't going to have a very good time...his fellow inmates will see to that.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-08-2013, 08:22 PM
(02-08-2013 07:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-08-2013 01:54 PM)ashleypersuasion Wrote:  FYI: I don't mean this to be insensitive to the victims of Ariel Castro.

I saw that when that other girl was taken years ago (think her family was Mormon) some guy had kidnapped her and when she was found her father went on national tv praising god -- because he just knew god would bring his daughter home. That god wanted his daughter with them....

Of course all the other children that were kidnapped (like Kevin Collins who's been missing since the mid 80s) didn't deserve to be retuned because their families weren't right with god?

God had nothing to do with those poor girls being kidnapped or returned.

Its upsetting to me on many levels.

Oh and they should NEVER have taken the death penalty off the table...now he gets to be a burden...

Yes and what's conflicting is the girl I quoted in my post also said she rather him spend life in prison becuase death would be too easy. Yet then says he will go to hell for what he's done. If you truly think someone will go to hell wouldn't you rather they die now? living in prison seems like piece of cake compared to what hell is supposed to be.

[Image: BMCz_10CEAAAG5S.jpg]