Aristotle's Four Causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2016, 08:35 PM
RE: Aristotle's Four Causes
(11-12-2016 08:33 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Paging doctor Bucky to make a great response to this nonsense! Paging Doctor Bucky...

Oh just play along.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2016, 08:51 PM
(08-12-2016 02:25 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 11:38 PM)f stop Wrote:  So now they are coming at me with "Aristotle's Four Causes" which I never heard of until now. (Yes, I studied Aristotle in college.) Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Aristotle's Four Causes are bullshit. Your opinion?

Dear friends, please tell me the place of the original debate. I think, this is ripped from the necessary context.

It was over on Atheist Forums I heard. You'll find it over there if you look long enough. Just keep looking. Ok ? Bye now.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-12-2016, 08:56 PM
(11-12-2016 08:33 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 07:04 PM)theBorg Wrote:  1) Thank you, friend, for recent like. 2) a human is an instrument for measurements. For example, S.Hawking has discovered the Hawking radiation (however we hardly can repeat his calculations). So, we trust the report of this living "instrument". The stylish actor in the film sees the spoon, touches it, and commands it to deform. So, he, as instrument, reports the existence of the spoon. And the True God is perfectly real to my friends, when a drunken theists would catch you in a forest and bit you up, until you sing with them "Amazing Grace!"

Paging doctor Bucky to make a great response to this nonsense! Paging Doctor Bucky...

Thanks. My sister teaches logic and she needs examples of non-sequiturs. Thumbsup

So let me get this straight ... when your drunk theist friends get caught, your True God bites them in the forest until they sing Amazing Grace ? Will he bite me ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-12-2016, 05:55 AM
(11-12-2016 07:04 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 08:05 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Of course unenlightened comrade. We talk after you watch. Big Grin

1) Thank you, friend, for recent like. 2) a human is an instrument for measurements. For example, S.Hawking has discovered the Hawking radiation (however we hardly can repeat his calculations). So, we trust the report of this living "instrument". The stylish actor in the film sees the spoon, touches it, and commands it to deform. So, he, as instrument, reports the existence of the spoon. And the True God is perfectly real to my friends, when a drunken theists would catch you in a forest and bit you up, until you sing with them "Amazing Grace!"

You were drunk when you wrote that, right?

Let's see how many conversions are needed to make that even legible:

1. Your brain - Houston, we have a problem! Laughat

2. An ability to form relevant thoughts and clearly convey them. -We're about to run out of fuel Houston. No

3. Proper translation of Russian to English - We crashed into the moon's surface Houston. Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition