Arizona Inmates on Bread & Water for defacing flag

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
24-01-2014, 07:07 PM
RE: Arizona Inmates on Bread & Water for defacing flag
We have prison work groups here in NC. Personally I like seeing my tax dollars at work. 9 times out of 10 they are just picking up trash along the highway, and its inmates on 90 day sentences for things like DUI, robbery, drugs, etc. I have heard that its volunteer and that most people like it because it gets them outside and doing something rather than just sitting inside looking at other inmates.

I know a guy at Angola in LA. He says he is a 'trustee' and is allowed off site for work programs. He's been there 25-30 years now. He went in for murder.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2014, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2014 05:58 AM by Juv.)
(24-01-2014 11:02 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Arpio is a moron. He plays well with the rubes though.

If someone ends up in prison that does not mean some yahoo with a badge gets to do what he wants to them.
"Arpaio".

That may be the hope, but actually the yahoo with the badge can do that shit.
26-01-2014, 05:56 AM
I don't see what the problem is.
22-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Arizona Inmates on Bread & Water for defacing flag
(24-01-2014 06:51 PM)Dee Wrote:  I absolutely believe Arpaio knew what was going to happen when those flags were hung. He runs one of the most brutal prisons in the country. Many will argue the most brutal.

While reading this, I remembered back to the 60s and what was happening in Vietnam, American reactions, and in America's southern states. I began thinking how far people have to be pushed by authority for flag burning to start. Flag burning has been one of American's most notable protests against unjust authorities, and it is not common.

About Sheriff Joe Arpaio:

"He started the nation’s largest Tent City for convicted inmates. Two thousand convicted men and women serve their sentences in a canvas incarceration compound." Average Temperature 5 month a year--100 - 110 degrees.

"Of equal success and notoriety are his chain gangs, which contribute thousands of dollars of free labor to the community. The male chain gang, and the world’s first-ever female and juvenile chain gangs, clean streets, paint over graffiti, and bury the indigent in the county cemetery." I don't personally object to the chain gangs; however, long hard work in brutal temperatures require decent meals and sufficient caloric intake.

"He has the cheapest meals in the U.S. too. The average meal costs between 15 and 40 cents, and inmates are fed only twice daily, to cut the labor costs of meal delivery. He even stopped serving them salt and pepper to save tax payers $20,000 a year."

"Another program Arpaio is very well known for is the pink underwear he makes all inmates wear," also pink handcuffs." The use of pink, as all you guys know, is a personal degradation.

tents and 110 degree temps is exactly what "our boots on the ground military" gets.
If it's good enough for them, it's too good for criminals.

I couldn't care less if inmates wear pink panties and have no salt & pepper. GMAFB
22-05-2014, 07:08 PM
I have liked Sheriff Joe since I lived in AZ years ago.

May not be a popular stance but I don't see why the prisoners should have the privileges they have in a lot of institutions.

We have VA hospitals letting veterans die...and prisoners all over the country receiving timely medical care...for those that want citations...my brother has been a prison guard for many years and a lot of their time is spent taking prisoners to the hospital and staying with them, often for what turns out to be bullshit. Oh, and, they are seen at the local VA as well as one of the best medical teaching universities in the country...without a waiting list.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
22-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Only in America™

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
22-05-2014, 07:12 PM
(22-05-2014 07:10 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Only in America™

Sheriff Joe has been around for decades...if you are in AZ and don't want to deal with his rules...then maybe just follow the law.

It's not like he is grabbing people off street corners for no apparent reason.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
22-05-2014, 07:12 PM
I don't agree with the playing the stars and strips and god bless America or whatever the fuck it's called because I think patriotism is a plague on society.
BUT I couldn't care less if he takes a hard line with prisoners. I think it's abundantly clear that America has absolutely zero interest in rehabilitation, it's all about punishment, punishment, punishment, an outdated strain of thought on law and order BUT if you're going to go down that route you might as well go balls out.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
25-05-2014, 02:19 PM
I know this is a late response by why do this? I thought america was founded on freedoms in which we can criticize the government and the country? Maybe I got it wrong all these years and that you can only do it if the flag is not involved.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-05-2014, 02:27 PM
(25-05-2014 02:19 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I know this is a late response by why do this? I thought america was founded on freedoms in which we can criticize the government and the country? Maybe I got it wrong all these years and that you can only do it if the flag is not involved.

Ya lose a couple of your rights when you are in prison/jail. That's why the criminals get put there...it isn't a vacation destination.