Arizona Inmates on Bread & Water for defacing flag

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
25-05-2014, 02:48 PM
RE: Arizona Inmates on Bread & Water for defacing flag
(25-05-2014 02:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-05-2014 02:19 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I know this is a late response by why do this? I thought america was founded on freedoms in which we can criticize the government and the country? Maybe I got it wrong all these years and that you can only do it if the flag is not involved.

Ya lose a couple of your rights when you are in prison/jail. That's why the criminals get put there...it isn't a vacation destination.

This is true. Though I though free speech would be something they wouldn't lose? Again maybe I was wrong all those years.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2014, 02:50 PM
(25-05-2014 02:48 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(25-05-2014 02:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ya lose a couple of your rights when you are in prison/jail. That's why the criminals get put there...it isn't a vacation destination.

This is true. Though I though free speech would be something they wouldn't lose? Again maybe I was wrong all those years.

In prison...nothing is free.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
25-05-2014, 02:53 PM
I think it's bullshit. I think prison is bullshit too. I don't have an alternative to offer but it's still crap. We're intelligent apes. We should be able to figure out something better than caging people and maltreating them.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-05-2014, 02:55 PM
(25-05-2014 02:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-05-2014 02:48 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  This is true. Though I though free speech would be something they wouldn't lose? Again maybe I was wrong all those years.

In prison...nothing is free.

Yeah, but at least they are not in one of those other prisons.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-05-2014, 02:55 PM
(25-05-2014 02:53 PM)morondog Wrote:  I think it's bullshit. I think prison is bullshit too. I don't have an alternative to offer but it's still crap. We're intelligent apes. We should be able to figure out something better than caging people and maltreating them.

Geez dog, you gonna let the murderers and rapists just run around to do more...there are two choices, you lock them up to keep others safe or you let them run around and do as they damn please.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-05-2014, 02:56 PM
(25-05-2014 02:53 PM)morondog Wrote:  I think it's bullshit. I think prison is bullshit too. I don't have an alternative to offer but it's still crap. We're intelligent apes. We should be able to figure out something better than caging people and maltreating them.

Unfortunately we can't. Some people can't control them selves, it is unsafe for the people and maybe even the human in question. If you have a better idea tell us.

25-05-2014, 03:00 PM
(25-05-2014 02:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Geez dog, you gonna let the murderers and rapists just run around to do more...there are two choices, you lock them up to keep others safe or you let them run around and do as they damn please.

Could shoot 'em Drinking Beverage I did mention that I don't have an alternative. I do think if you're gonna lock them up you can still treat them as human beings. Which forcing them to sing the national anthem etc is very definitely not.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-05-2014, 03:05 PM
(25-05-2014 03:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(25-05-2014 02:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Geez dog, you gonna let the murderers and rapists just run around to do more...there are two choices, you lock them up to keep others safe or you let them run around and do as they damn please.

Could shoot 'em Drinking Beverage I did mention that I don't have an alternative. I do think if you're gonna lock them up you can still treat them as human beings. Which forcing them to sing the national anthem etc is very definitely not.

Not a big fan of violence, and what about the ones who come back changed people. I agree we should treat them like humans, just because they hate america does not mean they should eat only bread and water.

25-05-2014, 03:33 PM
(25-05-2014 02:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Geez dog, you gonna let the murderers and rapists just run around to do more...there are two choices, you lock them up to keep others safe or you let them run around and do as they damn please.

Or we could try something that works, treating them like human beings and focusing on rehabilitation instead of punishment. The scandinavian countries are closing prisons due to lack of offenders. We are doing it wrong.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
25-05-2014, 03:52 PM
(22-05-2014 07:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think it's abundantly clear that America has absolutely zero interest in rehabilitation, it's all about punishment, punishment, punishment, an outdated strain of thought on law and order

Maybe the first question is to ask what the purpose of a prison is.

The Norwegian prison where inmates are treated like people

Quote:On Bastoy prison island in Norway, the prisoners, some of whom are murderers and rapists, live in conditions that critics brand 'cushy' and 'luxurious'. Yet it has by far the lowest reoffending rate in Europe

[Image: An-inmate-sunbathes-on-th-010.jpg]